Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides Of The Lotus ~ Program Launch Replies (Split From Original Faq)

LordOda

Question

Pretty much this. It's important not to sound like you are only saying certain things in order to get in; it's very obvious. Being yourself and being truthful are important.

True that.

I got sooo nervous submitting my application because even though I was being completely honest in the things I wrote, I feared that what I was saying felt too contrite and wayyy too fake to be anything legitimate in a GotL application.

In all honesty, I actually took out A LOT of my writing in the application before I sent it, but I'm glad that I sent what I did, because I was just speaking from my heart, and not just trying to write down things that I think that Danielle and the Senior Guides would want to hear.

They'll know the difference. Trust me.

True that.

I got sooo nervous submitting my application because even though I was being completely honest in the things I wrote, I feared that what I was saying felt too contrite and wayyy too fake to be anything legitimate in a GotL application.

In all honesty, I actually took out A LOT of my writing in the application before I sent it, but I'm glad that I sent what I did, because I was just speaking from my heart, and not just trying to write down things that I think that Danielle and the Senior Guides would want to hear.

Indeed. I spent a good half hour on a single box trying to make it sound like me being honest didn't sound fabricated. I think that is something they take into account.

I personally don't even know what qualified certain people above others, but I imagine as they began to narrow down potential candidates it got more and more difficult to decide. It's entirely possible that the decision between, say, you and me might have been as thin as a hair.

Now that, I doubt. XD  Have you met me?

Try again next time? Try to be even more helpful? Stay out of the parade of insanity

I can't stay out of it, I'm part of the reason it exists. D:

#doomed

Nope no pointers outside of be yourself and have patience. There is only so many we are willing to let in at one time.

Watching intensifies

:X

Not looking for a cheat sheet equivalent, just idle curiosity as to what I can do to be better at this.  i.e. provide links and being more informative when answering questions, fewer innuendos, etc. 

But I get what you guys are saying. : 3

Indeed. I spent a good half hour on a single box trying to make it sound like me being honest didn't sound fabricated. I think that is something they take into account.

True that.

The thing with me is, The way I talk in game, and you know this as well as I do, always sounds extremely fabricated. It's because I do not leave any words, letters, or symbols behind. Honestly, I do think the guides/mods may have something against me (Not major enough to influence a decision, per say,) but enough of me to get a bad impression. If any Mod or Guide has anything against me, Feel free to PM Me. I'm willing to discuss anything civilly.

Oh jeez, I just remembered that I actually referenced The Horde in my application.

The thing with me is, The way I talk in game, and you know this as well as I do, always sounds extremely fabricated. It's because I do not leave any words, letters, or symbols behind. Honestly, I do think the guides/mods may have something against me (Not major enough to influence a decision, per say,) but enough of me to get a bad impression. If any Mod or Guide has anything against me, Feel free to PM Me. I'm willing to discuss anything civilly.

So... you write just like me?

We're bot buddies now? I'm always accused of being a bot. Must be my stone cold demeanor, and my lack of misplaced punctuation and fully spelt out words- on a PS4 controller, no less.

We never made a final decision based on our personal feeling of a user. Sure, the actions they committed that produced that emotional response may be evaluated, but at no point were we going about these with a mindset of "I hate how this guy types; nope."

In truth, you, and the many others that had applied and hadn't made it in (as expressed in this thread), may be perfectly qualified to be a Guide. We may have absolutely no problem with you, and think you're a great candidate... but.

We're a small group to begin with. On the Consoles, we had just doubled in size. As a program, we bloated to roughly 166% of our previous size. That is a huge jump. We are still within trial periods, testing the constraints of our effectiveness, management, communication, and entire structure. We can't handle everyone, even should it be rather unfortunate.

Rather, as I'd expressed earlier in the thread, even if you did not make it in this time around, if you are still accomplishing the goals the Guides wish to overcome, helping others, participating, helping make the game a friendly and open environment, you ARE a Guide. You just do not have the backing of DE and the other resources Guides possess.

Solidify yourself, keep on working toward these goals, and come back again for Round 2. :)

Oh jeez, I just remembered that I actually referenced The Horde in my application.

And it was hilarious, nothing wrong with having fun. Not sure you guys notice but thats all i do around here

We're bot buddies now? I'm always accused of being a bot. Must be my stone cold demeanor, and my lack of misplaced punctuation and fully spelt out words- on a PS4 controller, no less.

We never made a final decision based on our personal feeling of a user. Sure, the actions they committed that produced that emotional response may be evaluated, but at no point were we going about these with a mindset of "I hate how this guy types; nope."

In truth, you, and the many others that had applied and hadn't made it in (as expressed in this thread), may be perfectly qualified to be a Guide. We may have absolutely no problem with you, and think you're a great candidate... but.

We're a small group to begin with. On the Consoles, we had just doubled in size. As a program, we bloated to roughly 166% of our previous size. That is a huge jump. We are still within trial periods, testing the constraints of our effectiveness, management, communication, and entire structure. We can't handle everyone, even should it be rather unfortunate.

Rather, as I'd expressed earlier in the thread, even if you did not make it in this time around, if you are still accomplishing the goals the Guides wish to overcome, helping others, participating, helping make the game a friendly and open environment, you ARE a Guide. You just do not have the backing of DE and the other resources Guides possess.

Solidify yourself, keep on working toward these goals, and come back again for Round 2. :)

/thread

Right. Very well said, and explained. This, believe it or not raised my confidence back to where it was before. I'd even gone as far as to show people around the Relays myself, on foot. Explaining each room as I walked to it with said person. Thanks, Devoid. Stay classy, my friend.

And in the words of Alter Bridge, as expressed before...

We have our misfortunes,The darkest of days. We must endure and keep strong. Just look to the morning,The promise awaits. And know that this life must go on.

Truth. A big plus is not being an enormous jerk. I'll freely admit I've been rather... argument-prone... in the past. I've gotten my fair share of warning points some time ago as well. I think a huge thing they are looking for isn't just being friendly, but also being able to own up to your own mistakes.

Grats \(^.^)/