The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jaw Sword Vs. Prisma Skana Vs Dual Cleaver On Excalibur?

tinyranitar

Question

Well, Excalibur's new ultimate is very fun, and as far as I see it, any Syndicate Melee with damage augments works well on him. There are three of them but I'm not really sure what to use.

Jaw Sword:

Pros:

Highest damage out of all three

Have V polarity

Truth Proc heals and increase stamina for further blocking with Excal ultimate > Not much defensive

Truth Proc wreck infested

Cons:

Needs to forma for Crimson Dervish

Slow attack speed

Prisma Skana:

Pros:

Fast

Purity Proc is Corrosive, wrecks most Grineer

High Crit chance for Berserker lover

Heals and max HP> Can tank a little more

Cons:

Low damage

No inherent polarity slot hence have to forma twice for maximization

Dual Cleavers:

Pros:

Have V polarity

VERY good crit stats

Justice heals and increase armor > Tanky

Justice opens enemies for finisher > No blind needed when you need Life Strike Channeling Finishers.

Cons:

Slow?

Stance sucks so gotta forma

What is your preference? Using Prisma Skana right now cuz PBR

16 answers to this question

i can only sugest you Prisma skana with the skana augment

even without EB you ll be able to CC with iron Phoenix combo allowing ragdoll at the end of it

Excal dont need crimson dervish as blind allow him to make finishers at will

or way better if you love free energy and crazt statut chance+speed boost :D (oh my ; my Prime excal is in love with mire)

The Mire with red veil augment can reach +50% statut

and the combo knock down at close range allowing ground finisher and some inate poison stuff

the jump slam atk got a pretty descent aoe as well

Edited by Tsoe

Well, Exalted Blade only inherits the mods of your melee weapons, not the damage or any other stat from the weapon. The Jaw Sword is my go-to weapon for Exalted Blade builds against infested thanks to the gas damage, while I want the Dual Cleaver mod for the other factions.

Things such as crit stats and base damage do NOT affect Exalted Blade.

Only the mods affect it. As the Syndicate mods all add 100% base damage, all mods are basically the same.

So, unless you are planning on running an Excalibur who doesn't use Exalted Blade but uses conventional melee instead, all of the weapons are exactly the same.

I use the Prisma Skana.

Your weapon's stats DO NOT affect Exalted Blade's damage. OLNY the mods. Your weapon's choice has litteraly ZERO influence. So pick whichever you want. It makes absolutely no difference.

The reason why these listed weapons are the best choices is simply because they have their own Syndicate mod, which gives them an edge over the others, since said mods also affect E. Blade's damage. So go ham, pick your personal favourite among these!

Edited by Marthrym

I like Mire, personally, since its proc gives some extra energy to keep Exalted Blade fed, especially if you're using other abilities as well.

But of the ones you listed, I'd go Prisma Skana. Corrosive damage proc is generally more useful than Gas or Blast.

I reckon the best might be Mire. Radial Viral status is pretty amazing, Energy restore should be more useful than Health restore given you should have Lifestrike, and extra movement speed doesn't exactly hurt either.

But failing that, I guess Prisma Skana for the Corrosive, or Dual Cleavers for a little more armour.

Your weapon's stats DO NOT affect Exalted Blade's damage. OLNY the mods. Your weapon's choice has litteraly ZERO influence. So pick whichever you want. It makes absolutely no difference.

The reason why these listed weapons are the best choices is simply because they have their own Syndicate mod, which gives them an edge over the others, since said mods also affect E. Blade's damage. So go ham, pick your personal favourite among these!

Well, Cleaver stats are good for Proc-ing berserker

Prisma Dual Cleaver is out so that instead, if not Prisma Skana cause aesthetics. Get Prisma Daedalus, Prisma Yamako, Prisma Excalibur and bam Prisma Warframe! Otherwise still Prisma Dual Cleaver cause it's good without EB and better with EB.

Yeah, I was starting to get tired of dual Cleavers cause they really throw off my prime swag style on my excalibur, but now, with prisma dual cleavers, I can look fancy AND use a pair of giant butcher knives!

Edited by Gelkor