Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Vault Is Unnecessary, And There Are So Many Better Solutions.

Valafor

As of now unless I miscounted, there are a total of 98 unique items inside the void (all blueprints, and blueprint parts). Of these 98, 75 of them drop in 2  or more places, 3 of which drop in 3 places. If we made each item drop in only one place, and we assume that the current capacity is max, considering they need to remove sets of weapons and frames, we would have 39 open slots. Assuming all future prime accesses in the future use the maximum number of items per wave (12, 4 parts per frame, 4 parts per weapon/archwing/companion), we could still have 3 more Prime Accesses and shove in a melee weapon that costs 3 parts. 

But wait, it gets better. If we remove all the crap like uncommon fusion core bundles, keys, and Orokin Cells, now we get  ton more open slots. Also if we remove forma from rotations B and C and simply put it into A, now we have even MORE slots. And get ready for the big bombshell, Tower I Defense rotation A, if it has no cores or keys or other miscellaneous crap dropping there, has only ONE item in its entire drop table; forma blueprint.

So no wonder how we have so much loot dilution! The solution is obvious. More evenly distribute your loot, remove things like keys and any fusion core pack that is less than Rare, credit bundles and Orokin Cell bundles. If we do that, we could possibly fit another 4 Prime accesses. And I haven't even started on about the Derelict, which could hold even more Prime Access bundles!

So how can anyone dare to even say the Prime Vault is a necessary evil, or that the loot tables aren't broken and it is just "bad RNG". I am not one for conspiracy theories, but it seems to me that this is just some cheap ploy to get more people to spend money on Prime Access by making the tables so diluted or spend platinum on trading (which by the way, for all the people who are going to tell me they didn't spend a dime for platinum in this game, maybe you didn't, but someone else did to get that platinum into the trade market) to get these now-gone Prime frames. 

Edited by Valafor

Wanting people to spend platinum in the game isn't a conspiracy theory lol, that's called marketing and I'm pretty sure it's the reason behind this.

There is a difference between marketing and lying to our face, claiming it is to fix loot dilution for a cheap cash grab.

To add to your subject, they could add all of those stuff from the prime vault to the derelict so that way every prime item can be obtainable

Already added c:

loot table ARE broken, but you still can have bad RNG. It may take you 100 tries to get what another guy gets in 1.

Do i tihnk the tables are full of crap? yes.

does DE know thte tables are full of crap? Yes

have they changed it? Not really

will they? probably not

whats wrong with spending money on the game? last i checked companies need revenue to pay employees to make a product.

loot table ARE broken, but you still can have bad RNG. It may take you 100 tries to get what another guy gets in 1.

Do i tihnk the tables are full of crap? yes.

does DE know thte tables are full of crap? Yes

have they changed it? Not really

will they? probably not

whats wrong with spending money on the game? last i checked companies need revenue to pay employees to make a product.

The problem with that is that there are people like me who already spent money to support DE and can't afford anymore. Not all of us are made of money. There's no consideration for us, DE just updates with the assumption none of us spent any money ever and/or just simply don't care and want even more from us. Besides I doubt they're hurting for money, it's just greed at this point.

@OP though, yeah this has been brought up before and I doubt DE is going back on this plan of theirs at this point. 

What is so broken about loot tables honestly?

I have gotten 95% of all prime gear I own rather easily. There are a few items that have been hard to get, but rng dictates that you will have SOME bad luck every now and then.

Well considering how most Rotation A drop tables are empty or contain only a handful of items and most of the crap is shoveled into a Rotation C...

Also note, the vault exists because according to DE, it is supposedly the fix to the broken tables.

Edited by Valafor

There is a difference between marketing and lying to our face, claiming it is to fix loot dilution for a cheap cash grab.

Why would any company just straight up tell you to your face "we do it because we want money" that is bad PR and makes a company look selfish and greedy.  I am completely fine with there decision on the "prime vault"

I was opposed to prime items dropping at multiple places from the start. The decision behind it was apparently so that we have more options to seek them but all I see is dillution.

I think all prime parts should just drop on one location and should have an equal dropchance. Not 7% for one and 0.67% for the other. I don't see why they shouldn't have equal droprates. I'm gonna keep farming for what I want no matter what. But if you make it harder it gets less fun and just feels like a waste of time.

No, the solution is not as obvious as it may seem (they cannot just make all the nice things easily available like you propose). But it doesn't matter anyways, they'll be breaking the void down and redistributing its rewards in the near future.

Well considering how most Rotation A drop tables are empty or contain only a handful of items and most of the crap is shoveled into a Rotation C...

Also note, the vault exists because according to DE, it is supposedly the fix to the broken tables.

It is not "the fix", it's a temporary solution to prevent drop table dilution from getting even worse as new content gets added. They won't "fix" their drop tables because they are going to be scrapped anyway.

Edited by Artarrwen

It's plainly obvious the only reason they swap parts in/out and have things like forma and cores in such abundance in the drop tables is to artificially inflate platinum price of other stuff. They had a devstream a while back when they diluted the tables with cells and such and they sidestepped the issue constantly and when asked outright they changed the subject. It's not a surprise nor is it a big secret. Nor can I blame them, though it's a pain in the butt to spend ten billion years farming cores to max out the high end mods. I've been playing 1000+ hrs but I still don't have every mod maxed out.

, but it seems to me that this is just some cheap ploy to get more people to spend money on Prime Access by making the tables so diluted or spend platinum on trading (which by the way, for all the people who are going to tell me they didn't spend a dime for platinum in this game, maybe you didn't, but someone else did to get that platinum into the trade market) to get these now-gone Prime frames. 

You got my vote

Blowing up the Void doesn't necessarily improve the loot table. If anything It will be bundled with junks.

Like R5 core pack, once it is "blow" out of the Void. Its drop chance gets worse and worse both in the Void and the starchart. And I have too many Power Throw and Steady Hand from farming core.

Yeah, keep your hope up. But I doubt any change from blowing up the Void. The loot table is going to stay diluted.

What is so broken about loot tables honestly?

I have gotten 95% of all prime gear I own rather easily. There are a few items that have been hard to get, but rng dictates that you will have SOME bad luck every now and then.

True randomness would leave the chance at getting 4 straight Forma in T4 at 1/4096 (roughly, depending on the specific mission). Too bad that happens to almost everyone.

And yet, as I said in my post on this subject ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/483163-stop-pretending-the-prime-vault-isnt-a-cash-grab/#entry5390230 ), the problem isn't that the drops are weighted, as DE has to make money and we all get that. It's not even the vault itself although there were better ways of adding value to the old parts in my opinion. The problem is that they lied about their reasoning.

Anyone with a brain knows it's for marketing reasons and not drop table dilution.

Fixing dilution would just require the removal of orokin cells, keys, credit caches, etc from the tables.

Not to mention that T1-T3 Interception still don't even exist for some reason.

True randomness would leave the chance at getting 4 straight Forma in T4 at 1/4096 (roughly, depending on the specific mission). Too bad that happens to almost everyone.

And yet, as I said in my post on this subject ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/483163-stop-pretending-the-prime-vault-isnt-a-cash-grab/#entry5390230 ), the problem isn't that the drops are weighted, as DE has to make money and we all get that. It's not even the vault itself although there were better ways of adding value to the old parts in my opinion. The problem is that they lied about their reasoning.

ive gotten all prime parts on occasion too. It swings both ways.

also- if every run had 'great" drops, then it wouldn't really be all that great. There isnt really much to do in this game but gamble on getting the rarest of rare prime parts. Its not suppose to be easy to get. Parts are only as valuable as their difficulty to drop. Same goes with resources. This is the nature of the game. Its the MAIN reason why people play for so long- to get rewards. If those rewards come easy, then no one really has motivation to play now do they?

Edited by Hypernaut1

ive gotten all prime parts on occasion too. It swings both ways.

also- if every run had 'great" drops, then it wouldn't really be all that great. There isnt really much to do in this game but gamble on getting the rarest of rare prime parts. Its not suppose to be easy to get. Parts are only as valuable as their difficulty to drop. Same goes with resources. This is the nature of the game. Its the MAIN reason why people play for so long- to get rewards. If those rewards come easy, then no one really has motivation to play now do they?

Did you read a single word of my second paragraph?

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered