Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here Is What Will Happen Once Coptering Is Removed:

Cerenax

These kind of threads should be closed without hesitation. You have absolutely no proof of how parkour 2.0 will be ingame. You had a mere glimpse on an unfinished version executed by a person, who doesn't have the time to really get used to it.

JUST. WAIT. UNTILL. ITS. INGAME.

(interesting, that all those posts are from copter-users, who obv. can't play the game without it anymore)

well just instead of crying, try to learn how to play and enjoy the game without the need of abusing a mechanics bug (since it was never intended), and thats about it.

And the time without it is non-existant for any frame build to rush and someone who knows how to move fast

bottom line, just deal with it

Once parkour 2.0 is released I feel fairly certain people will learn a new way to exploit it that will be as fast, if not faster, and smoother than coptering. Thinking that coptering being removed is tge end of the game is a bit childish yeah?

You are underestimating the skills of the leveldesigners.

If coptering is taken out, and it will be, directional melee, slides and parkour will take its place.

The devs allready spoke of redesigning the levels to allow, and encourage parkour to move around.

Think of it like Spider Man. He leaps from place to place, then hops along the walls, roofs and jumps to the next wall.

It will take some time to master I am sure.

But I am glad to see the spinning axes go, it have never looked good anyway.

2 - It will become harder to revive players in far away rooms in survival missions and thus the boring strategy that is camping will become even more common than it already is.

To be fair, even if the group is camping, if someone runs off and dies that's entirely their fault.

everybody does coptering those who says they don't are blatant liars. that said if bunny hopping was better and are just as fast as the movement we have now we would've gotten the update.

Everyone has coptered at some point. Some players take it too far and act like a meth head or crack addict being denied their fix by making these threads + verbally attacking devs. They could at least wait until we see a polished version of movement 2.0, which would likely include base movement/sprint speed buffs on all Warframes and etc.

no pressing of E and moving = turtle/snail speed which I doubt you like to do, but oh you like to aim and shoot ? I guess youll fall in the other category as an exploiter eh?  standing to get a kill.

oh now I get it no e mashing, no exploiting you just press 4 to win.. now you see how ridiculous your statement is.. lmao at this silliness.

Well excuse me for liking a mod that made mag actually useful to the team for once! Jerk.

Mods that discourage FUN in a video game are RARELY a good thing.

I love how people are all saying 'DOOM! DOOOM! DOOOOOOOOOOM!' without even seeing the actual situation. Talk about making assumptions.

We haven't SEEN the new system in practice. We don't even really know if coptering will be gone or not. People read what they want to read and assume the rest. Facts and actual information need not apply when angst and opinions rule.

I remember Geoff and Steve saying at one point that coptering would be changed (see what I did there? Bad word 'change' I know...) to an actual GAME MECHANIC as opposed to an EXPLOIT. But who cares about that?

Opinions are all we have at the moment and I am reserving mine until I see the actual in-game example.

Edited by Kalenath

i just have one question, aerial attacks will be removed too? because if not it wouldnt make much difference then

I'm pretty sure neither aerial attacks nor slide attacks will be "removed", but they will rather be tweaked so you don't get insane momentum from them. You can still use them for attacking, but not for flying anymore.

Playing the game as a whole will get a lot more boring.

I sure as hell wouldn't bother grinding those nightmare mods if I had to go extremely slow. Coptering allows for at least one portion of the endless grind to be less ridiculous.

And for people saying that equipping armored agility and rush will compensate for it or something, it won't. A ceramic dagger beats a full speed volt any day.