Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Velocitus Even A Viable Weapon?

Ibro156

Is a gun with 1800 damage per shot viable, yeah, right...

Thing has like 3000DPS base when not charging and completely obliterates pretty much every enemy unit in Archwing while charged.

Whaaaaaaaat? Velocitus is the best imo. I dropped a few forma on it and it demolishes everything.

Yah but it has time travel. Which inst good.

Great fun for going for extreme snipes.

It can one shot just about everything at the moment with full charge.

Kinda clumsy to use though, since there is that small delay before firing, as with all charging weapons that can prematurely fire.

But yeah, it's pretty much the go to Archwing primary besides Imperator Vandal, but that's event exclusive.

Yah but it has time travel. Which inst good.

lrn2compensate

From the top of my head, the longest OHK I got with Velocitus was like... Dreg almost 6000m away? And it really took like 2 seconds to get there, this thing has like 500m/s projectile velocity (scaled to 2000m/s in Archwing).

I have all the current weapons for Archwing; In my experience Velocitus is probably the second most viable, but not quite as well rounded as the Imperator which I ultimately prefer using above the handful of other available options. As Archwing is a very swarm heavy experience you'll be leaning on your melee weapon a lot more to clean up "trash" enemies, while Velocitus will be a good answer to larger enemies like the Gox, Ogma, and the Balor Fomorians. 

Sniping the smaller, constantly moving enemies in Archwing is very difficult, but can be learned if you're patient with it. How useful you find that is very much up to you; I personally use my Velocitus more like a shotgun than a sniper. 

Whaaaaaaaat? Velocitus is the best imo. I dropped a few forma on it and it demolishes everything.

Great fun for going for extreme snipes.

It can one shot just about everything at the moment with full charge.

Kinda clumsy to use though, since there is that small delay before firing, as with all charging weapons that can prematurely fire.

But yeah, it's pretty much the go to Archwing primary besides Imperator Vandal, but that's event exclusive.

velocitus with imperator vandal are the best

"Viable" ? That thing is a MONSTER, it's overkill.

with 14,000 damage i'd say yes

None of the archwing weapons are viable except this one. Dual Decurion? Piece of @$$. Corvas? @$$.

Corvas sucks but Dual Decos kill stuff quickly with multiple Forma.

Crit based like Velo but auto fire, small mag size is the biggest drawback.