Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eliminating The Copter - Bad Or Good?

Snake

Imagine trying to go through a laser grid without coppering. Gonna be so annoying and slow the whole game down. Too many trade off's and for what? No stamina and sticking to walls. Maybe if they increase the speed of every single warframe in the game. This will never happen.

Has anybody heard any word officially on possible copter and nurff?

Tell me what your thoughts? Looking for some positive reasons why they would remove this if there are any. Balancing is a complete BS answer. If you balance everything there's no reason or way to get better.

With the way the levels are designed and the fast pace of the game how does parkour 2.0 make things better?

Floating around the map looks quite fun but current game content and scaling for higher levels with parkour 2.0 looks problematic more so then useful. Looks like showing off and it'll easily get you killed in higher level content.

I've seen a few posts already where people are planning on leaving the game if they remove it.

With many new amazing new game titles coming out, is this a step in the right direction or a step behind?

Edited by 5nak3Doctor

Imagine trying to go through a laser grid without coppering. Gonna be so annoying and slow the whole game down. Too many trade off's and for what? No stamina and sticking to walls. Maybe if they increase the speed of every single warframe in the game. This will never happen.

Has anybody heard any word officially on possible copter and nurff?

Tell me what your thoughts? Looking for some positive reasons why they would remove this if there are any. Balancing is a complete BS answer. If you balance everything there's no reason or way to get better.

With the way the levels are designed and the fast pace of the game how does parkour 2.0 make things better?

Floating around the map looks quite fun but current game content and scaling for higher levels with parkour 2.0 looks problematic more so then useful. Looks like showing off and it'll easily get you killed in higher level content.

I've seen a few posts already where people are planning on leaving the game if they remove it.

With many new amazing new game titles coming out, is this a step in the right direction or a step behind?

Honestly, I think the only reason they want to remove it is because of all the player who complain about it in pvp. This game should be focus on coop and pve, this is the reason why im playing warframe. DE supposedly promise that pvp wont affect pve and yet...after a few hotfix/change/ect...I have trouble to believe that now =/

Edited by Ninjamander

"Tell me what your thoughts"

I prefer how you cant run up a wall with no fatigue now.

Also, I believe that those laser doors are meant to stop you if you don't kill the cams.

Another thing is you do have something like coptering now that works for ANY weapon you want, look up waframe bullet just on steves twitter.

That could be used in the same way.

Those are my thoughs.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

Honestly, I think the only reason they want to remove it is because of all the player who complain about it in pvp. This game should be focus on coop and pve, this is the reason why im playing warframe. DE supposedly promise that pvp wont affect pve and yet...after a few hotfix/chanfe/ect...I have trouble to believe that now =/

Except that PvE players complained about it too because they can't use it properly. :v

Coptering is being replaced with bullet twist/flip. Sadly it appears nothing is really changin at all.Itt will be the same distance regardless of wepon. What was once Shift+Cntrl+E will now be Shift+Cntrl+Space. Still will be ridiculously spammed constantly. Still will hurt your hands.

Edited by weezedog

Tbh, those people that are saying they're leaving the game just because of that, please do so, if you're going to leave this game over such a small change, then please go right ahead, save us the trouble.

So far, parkour 2.0 seems incredibly... useless. The wall hopping we've seen feels extremely floaty, and seems to be a great way to get shot. That enemy stunning thing? Severely nonviable, this is a game where enemies constantly swarm, knocking down a single enemy will most likely just manage to throw you into a crowd of enemies that are very eager to leave you as a cold, dead corpse. The wall-clinging? Why? Just why? Enemies lose accuracy depending on how fast you're moving, so why on earth would I stand still, on an elevated position, where the enemies can aim-bot me instantaneously without any warning, from far more angles than as if I were on the ground. The bullet-jump? Just another copter/aerial attack, to be spammed without stop.

Still waiting for aerial attacks to be what they were supposed to be. ACTUAL attacks in mid-air, because we all know, for the most part, that aerial attacks currently, are very poor in actual combat, having the tiniest hitbox, only on the very beginning of the animation. Most of the time, you will just phase right through the enemy you're trying to hit, while that enemy takes no damage what-so-ever, even if you very clearly hit it with your weapon.

It could be bad if they remove it and suddenly:

A) We cannot access places we could access previously with coptering.

B) They take away stamina but impede us in other ways.

C) They do not "normalize" the movement speed of all frames so we do not have some that cannot keep up - and nothing to counter it.

Personally I think they should leave coptering alone and ADD Parkour upgrades to it. But after seeing the hatred they have for coptering on the devstream I doubt they will listen to the fanbase - its the DE way, like they have some personal opinion about something and they are going to do it no matter how unpopular it is.

The removal of coptering is good. It's not about balance either. There's nowhere in the game that you can't get to without coptering, other than outside of the map. On the flip side of that, almost every single parkour challenge or area can be completely passed through with coptering. It's the first step towards making movement reward skillful play. 

its the DE way, like they have some personal opinion about something and they are going to do it no matter how unpopular it is.

That's called "being a game dev". The players aren't in charge of the game, even with the influence we have.

Steve seems pretty excited about it. I love coptering. But I'll reserve my judgement on the new system until I've been hands on with it for a while. In the meantime I'll enjoy the old system while it's still here.

Steve seems pretty excited about it. I love coptering. But I'll reserve my judgement on the new system until I've been hands on with it for a while. In the meantime I'll enjoy the old system while it's still here.

^Pretty much this

I don't MIND speed in games. Actually I like it. The problem for me is that coptering in Warframe was an exploit and often caused glitches or crashes. Sure, you can cross a map in one swipe of your Tipedo, but then you fall out of the map and have to burn a revive or abort the mission. What good does THAT do?

My problems with rusher trolls/idiots have nothing to do with coptering.

I am going to wait and see, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Kalenath

Coptering and directional air melee break Warframe's movement system. There's no reason I could ever possibly want to use any parkour moves available to me when I can jump and press melee for ten times the travel distance. Directional air melee wrecks the game far more than coptering does, and if it's not nerfed as well, the removal of coptering will have been completely pointless.

Directional air melee killed Super Jump, and severely de-values almost every other mobility skill in the game. Directional air melee is the reason PvP can never possibly be taken seriously, because I can literally fly over to the enemy spawnpoint within 3 seconds of respawning. Directional air melee even fails at the thing it was intended for, hitting airborne targets with melee weapons, because the hitbox is so atrociously tiny that you always end up smashing your face into the airborne enemy you were trying to hit without actually damaging it. Directional air melee gave every warframe a nerfed version of Tail Wind, and if DE wants Warframe's movement system to stop being so broken, trashing directional air melee is where they should start.

I'm looking forward to a game in which you can't fly in PvP, and mobility-based warframes have some actual value.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Whats the DE Steve twitter post for the bullet thing?

https://vine.co/v/enFVbw3e5nx

This is the vine he posted showcasing the "bullet jump".

https://vine.co/v/enQr6mw5b1K

This is the vine he posted showcasing the synergy between the new "double jump" and "bullet jump".

https://vine.co/v/evhJPDwAjxJ

Bonus: "AimGliding" as he calls it.

Edited by Nitresco

This is the vine he posted showcasing the synergy between the new "double jump" and "bullet jump".

Thank XD-- Watched and now I need to change underwear. This looks bad A$$! Aim Gliding FTW!

Edited by 5nak3Doctor

I don't mind the removal of coptering and aerial movement, it never made much sense to me or appeal as mechanic to fly through an hallway (and even more) in 0.5 seconds swinging a weapon or the constant spinning movement.

Most likely i'll embrace whatever movement system DE is working on, re-learning how to move in the map to me would be part of the fun.

PS: By the way, about the laser grid -- you can just roll through it.

Edited by 3lackrose

Tbh, those people that are saying they're leaving the game just because of that, please do so, if you're going to leave this game over such a small change, then please go right ahead, save us the trouble.

So far, parkour 2.0 seems incredibly... useless. The wall hopping we've seen feels extremely floaty, and seems to be a great way to get shot. That enemy stunning thing? Severely nonviable, this is a game where enemies constantly swarm, knocking down a single enemy will most likely just manage to throw you into a crowd of enemies that are very eager to leave you as a cold, dead corpse. The wall-clinging? Why? Just why? Enemies lose accuracy depending on how fast you're moving, so why on earth would I stand still, on an elevated position, where the enemies can aim-bot me instantaneously without any warning, from far more angles than as if I were on the ground. The bullet-jump? Just another copter/aerial attack, to be spammed without stop.

Still waiting for aerial attacks to be what they were supposed to be. ACTUAL attacks in mid-air, because we all know, for the most part, that aerial attacks currently, are very poor in actual combat, having the tiniest hitbox, only on the very beginning of the animation. Most of the time, you will just phase right through the enemy you're trying to hit, while that enemy takes no damage what-so-ever, even if you very clearly hit it with your weapon.

"The wall-clinging? Why? Just why? Enemies lose accuracy depending on how fast you're moving, so why on earth would I stand still, on an elevated position, where the enemies can aim-bot me instantaneously without any warning, from far more angles than as if I were on the ground."

Actually, I was happy that a ninja could finally do this as even though it is a choice now it can be a very good one for two reasons.

#1 parkour: You now have the time to consider a jump, take a screen shot or just look awesome.

#2 You and maybe other ninjas play stealth style can no watch enemies go beneath you, fall behind them and take them out, hence the looking awesome.

Here is another thing you (at least I) gain accuracy standing still.

Now think about the fact the gave you the OPTION to wall cling. The wall running its self makes no sense. But when you wall cling as a ninja I think of this:

http://orig00.deviantart.net/8a22/f/2012/007/a/6/naruto_motivational_by_demon_slayer13-d4lktrw.png

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140621104411/naruto/images/c/c3/Tree_Climbing.png

]\'[

The dive looks terrible. The double jump seems pointless. The bullet jump seems to have potential for horizontal movement, but not vert movement, which is a huge issue.