Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eliminating The Copter - Bad Or Good?

Snake

It is a great change coptering looks dumb, and it functions in a weird way. The new parkour will be great, also double jump is used to change jump directions in an easy way, it will be useful asfk just wait and see. Also removing coptering is just unpopular among rushers, people who actually like to enjoy the game dislike coptering huehuehue.

But i do hope movement speed increases by at least 0.2 across all frames.

It is a great change coptering looks dumb, and it functions in a weird way. The new parkour will be great, also double jump is used to change jump directions in an easy way, it will be useful asfk just wait and see. Also removing coptering is just unpopular among rushers, people who actually like to enjoy the game dislike coptering huehuehue.

But i do hope movement speed increases by at least 0.2 across all frames.

Yeah. Current normal sprint speed (1.0) is about 7m/s.   Thats ok for humans. Yet kinda slow for Tenno. Maybe its just ingame model size makes it look slow...Coz 7m/s looks faster irl.

"The wall-clinging? Why? Just why? Enemies lose accuracy depending on how fast you're moving, so why on earth would I stand still, on an elevated position, where the enemies can aim-bot me instantaneously without any warning, from far more angles than as if I were on the ground."

Actually, I was happy that a ninja could finally do this as even though it is a choice now it can be a very good one for two reasons.

#1 parkour: You now have the time to consider a jump, take a screen shot or just look awesome.

#2 You and maybe other ninjas play stealth style can no watch enemies go beneath you, fall behind them and take them out, hence the looking awesome.

Here is another thing you (at least I) gain accuracy standing still.

Now think about the fact the gave you the OPTION to wall cling. The wall running its self makes no sense. But when you wall cling as a ninja I think of this:

http://orig00.deviantart.net/8a22/f/2012/007/a/6/naruto_motivational_by_demon_slayer13-d4lktrw.png

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140621104411/naruto/images/c/c3/Tree_Climbing.png

]\'[

1. Is a valid point, still isn't a viable thing to use if you're actually in a combat scenario

2. Well, I honestly doubt that being a thing, mainly because of how broken stealth is in this game, an enemy would probably just walk in your general direction and immediately notice you're there, and thus, starts shooting you, so then his friends come along because of their 'hive-mind' AI knowing exactly where you are.

Accuracy is not affected by movement, movement only affects your own skill at aiming.

Good, really really good.
Balance.

And no, coptering and parkour 2.0 cant exist together.

Coptering never was hard to do.

Leave aways the purpose of melee weapons, people plays melee for copter, people who dont do copter its leave in the dust.
Atack speed is not like movement speed.

Movement its limited because your melee.

You have no control with coptering until "splash on a wall" or the imaginary momentum stops...
No enviroment interaction.

New movement system.
Constrol.
Balance.
New movements.
Building speed.
Movement warframe based, not weapon.
Who choose different melee have the same movement system.
enviroment interaction.
Works with current tilesets.
And more... (things that we dont know)

Actually now I am using the jump + melee for hopping over a distance to speed myself up.
More than coptering, since the command input requires is less for jump + melee.

Which for coptering it might deserve a range nerf, doing coptering in rapid succession in
an attempt to kill a cluster of enemies
especially around a pod in defense mission, can be difficult given the distance it covers.

though the combination of adding a copter at the end of a jump + melee leap can extend the range greatly...

Being able to double jump might solve that since it is possible to perform a leap midair... 

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

1. Is a valid point, still isn't a viable thing to use if you're actually in a combat scenario

2. Well, I honestly doubt that being a thing, mainly because of how broken stealth is in this game, an enemy would probably just walk in your general direction and immediately notice you're there, and thus, starts shooting you, so then his friends come along because of their 'hive-mind' AI knowing exactly where you are.

Accuracy is not affected by movement, movement only affects your own skill at aiming.

#1 may not be good for MID combat, but consider a spy mission.

#2 I agree about how the stealth is broken, but they should just fix the stealth then.

Also, I said I gain accuracy, as a player.

This also give my secondary more purpose and play since I use only bows (been playing stealth style on this "ninja" game for a while now ha ha.)

]\'[

Another one of these. Requesting a "Coptering Change/Removal Doom Megathread".

On topic: It's a good change, this game will finally have parkour. Can't say if it will be good parkour because I haven't played it, but looks promising. People react with panic because coptering is a crutch that allows for semi-teleportation. And people hate when someone takes away their crutches. It's much easier to complain than try to adapt. 

After release of Parkour 2.0 we need full-stealth missions. Mission is over when enemies find you. Maybe with energy drain (because we don't want only Loki) or some kind of detectors which work even if you are invicible (not only lasers). Of course a lot of exp and mods as a reward.

Mission is over when enemies find you.

Insta-failing as soon as an enemy spots you makes for terrible stealth. Ideally, you should be able to take down an alerted enemy before any alarms are sounded, and in a worst case scenario where alarms are sounded, you should still have a chance to fight, although doing so should be incredibly difficult. Spy 2.0 pulls this off perfectly, where you get big bonuses if you don't screw up, but if you do, you can still salvage the mission.

Insta-failing as soon as an enemy spots you makes for terrible stealth. Ideally, you should be able to take down an alerted enemy before any alarms are sounded, and in a worst case scenario where alarms are sounded, you should still have a chance to fight, although doing so should be incredibly difficult. Spy 2.0 pulls this off perfectly, where you get big bonuses if you don't screw up, but if you do, you can still salvage the mission.

We need Multi Fear Takedowns. Just sayin'. 

Edited by tisdfogg

The new aerial parkour moves look very promising. I already incorporate Aim/Block as an important part of camera control in parkour 1.0. But I'm concerned about losing the burst of momentum from slide attacks. I like using aerial slide attacks to position myself in quick scything motions around my targets and to reflexively change direction in mid-air. Slide Attacks in the Dev Stream seem to be nearly stationary with no momentum whatsoever. I don't want to jettison myself across the room with one attack, often times too much distance makes it hard to zero in on the enemy. But even for heavy weapons a quick slide attack can be just the thing to position yourself into a flying guillotine maneuver.

Can we have a limiter or throttling to the distance traveled by slide attacks, while still retaining being able to use slide attacks for quick short lunges in any direction? Otherwise it looks like I'll have to hover and waft onto my opponents if I want to scythe. Let us keep the responsive melee lunge that slide attacks provide. The gliding and wafting looks great for incorporating gunplay into parkour 2.0. But it looks like Melee is getting the short end of the change.

Edited by Ryjeon

After release of Parkour 2.0 we need full-stealth missions. Mission is over when enemies find you. Maybe with energy drain (because we don't want only Loki) or some kind of detectors which work even if you are invicible (not only lasers). Of course a lot of exp and mods as a reward.

any map change to make for a great place for the parkour update sounds good to me.

I just wonder how they are going change the maps accordingly, can't wait to see.

Maybe rounded in grineer walls (like in orokin areas) we you can run a bit on the wall and jump of sling shot style.

Or more complicated refined areas for moving. Maybe even more reasons to use wall cling.

]\'[

but not vert movement, which is a huge issue.

https://vine.co/v/evtTA1g9F30 I'm not sure if this answers that but yeah. It appears to work the same as an Air Melee, the direction you aim = fly towards it. Doesn't propel us as far? Maybe, but at least it doesn't make the game look EVEN MORE broken or unfinished..

As for the topic question:

Personally, I have no issue with what coptering does. What I do have an issue with, however, is:

- At first it was an unintended glitch.

- They decided to keep it due to popular demand.

- Once they decided to keep it, they MUST have tweaked it and made it smoother.

- Instead, DE just left it as it is and the most used way to move around in this game is thru a broken, horrid glitch with no proper animation or fluid momentum whatsoever. It looks very half assed for something they decided to keep in their game for such a long time.

So to answer the question: Removing copter is good or bad? For all I care about they could have kept coptering //IF// they've made proper animations and adjustments.

(no, before somebody made of salt cries at me, I am not asking for "COPTER NERF", I am asking for smoother momentum, we  are space ninjas, why can't we have proper control over our maneuvers [copter]? What we have now is just a horrid dash with no control that can leave u stuck against walls or something in the environment.)

With that said- I like the way the bulletjump looks, it looks INTENDED to be in the game, the momentum is smooth and appears to be easily controlable.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

Honestly, I think the removal of coptering will allow people to use other weapons that were deemed "bad" in the past due to their weak coptering ability (looking at you, Magistar). I won't judge the new parkour until it's come out though. If it's good, then good. If not, then we can provide constructive criticism. 

Honestly, I think the removal of coptering will allow people to use other weapons that were deemed "bad" in the past due to their weak coptering ability (looking at you, Magistar). I won't judge the new parkour until it's come out though. If it's good, then good. If not, then we can provide constructive criticism. 

Let's be honest here, no one will use the Magistar, because of it's stats, it was NERFED with the Heavy weapon BUFFS ( XD LOL ).

As for using other weapons.. maybe.. I believe most of the people who cling to defending coptering only used melee for that one reason, with that said- I believe a lot of people will just be using Dragon Nikanas/Scindo Primes of sort, not more variety in Melee.

Why? Because the issue with melee has nothing to do with coptering or parkour. The issue with melee needs to be addressed separately. Therefore it doesn't change anything if they remove copter or not, I see people defending copter using the argument that "hurr durr at least we use other weapons instead of using the meta-stats ones!" *is using meta-copter melee* but let's face it- the only thing that does is point out that melee needs revisioning, not that copter needs to stay or go.

And yes I agree, people are playing the doom card way too soon.

Edited by (PS4)Dan_Aria

The bullet air dash thing or whatever is much better than coptering and allows for more control without limiting your melee. It covers a pretty substantial distance as well, maybe only outdone by the Tipedo, but people shouldn't be forced to only use that for mobility. Check out Mogamu's video on Parkour 2.0 preview, where he shows how much better the new system is than coptering. 

The Melee movement system with Copter, Wall-vault, and Aerial Melee is just so quick and responsive. The new moves look like a welcome addition. But I don't think it's superior to what we have now as a Melee player. Two years in and I'm stilling developing and honing my technique. I see notable improvement constantly as my timing and keycombos get better. Sure, it's overtuned and the distance is too much on the abusive weapons. But when you have comfortable timing it plays like an extension of yourself. Scything through a crowd from target to target, and springing to the walls in a quick flicked motions feels right.

The new system looks like giving wings to a tiger. And then cutting off the tiger's feet so it can appreciate the wings. But its movement as a tiger was agile and satisfying in it's own right. I'd like to keep the current melee movement tools, even if they're restricted to melee stance and have their distance propelled throttled down. Melee needs universal gap closers and slide-attacks satisfy this while making use of the melee weapon. How is "Bullet-Jump" more appropriate than a Sliding Slash for a horizontal burst of movement when you have a melee weapon equipped?

Edited by Ryjeon

I'm happy with what I'm seeing overall.

Well... The bunny hopping will take some getting used to...

Absent that, as a player who was obliged to copter because I use slower frames, I will be glad to see it go provided a system takes it place that's worth while. I was glad of the copter because It meant I needed to butt-slide less but it limited my melee choices

If the new system gives us:

Less Butt-slide...

Less Copter...

More Tileset options...

Full melee choices without loss of movement speed...

And still gives me decent movement and exploration capability out of the box.

...I'm sold on it.

It does not. That's about half the vertical distance we need.

Eh, /need/ for what? as far as I know it's not like we're really climbing such great heights anyway o-o besides, a lot of the tilesets don't have that much height to begin with and don't have much reason to get us to climb THAT high. Also: other parkour stuff and no stamina are there to add to it, if u really /NEED/ to get up to a spot u just have to make use of those.

^ This looks nice. But why do I feel like all of DE are using that cape to make us jealous?

^ This looks nice. But why do I feel like all of DE are using that cape to make us jealous?

I think it's because Steve is killing two birds with one stone, he's testing and tweaking the new movement system while trying to test and tweak the cloth physics.  The cape in that most recent image is responding much more "cloth like" than any previous image.

Edited by Gelkor