Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Needed Supra Buff.

Dylshero

I feel like when long awaited buffs like this come through, the devs have a tendency to over-buff it. Stacked with the fact that Supra already has a Syndicate Augment, and it might end up being a new god tier weapon. Not sure how I feel about that. 

It's one of the most hideously expensive weapons in the game. It deserves to be god-tier, considering it's actually harder to get than a Boltor Prime.

Considering how bad it currently is they'd have to go waay overboard to make it OP so I think those concerns are unnecessary. As long as they lift it from "oh my god pls make it stap" trash tier to "eh it's ok i guess?" territory that'd be enough for me.

You cant build a weapon and expect it to be OP (Paris P, Dread, Opticor, Soma, Boltor  ETC) I mean my supra is OP it shreds Ceres like Verdi Mercury..My quanta Reg does 990 damage per BEAM this is the only issue i have with the Warframe players..Its always "whats the damage, which is better, can it kill fast?" But what i find to fix this problem for me is which is Fun or my play style. Supra is my play style. slow paste and high reward.

Please no

Their supra has no recoil, perfect accuracy, and ninja fast reload time.

So no. NO BUFFS FOR CORPUS TECH!

Am i the only person that realizes every weapon that we see as "bad" is good in the enemys hands? Gorgon: Heavy Gunner, Supra: Corpus Tech, Ogris: Bombard Furax: Powerfist.

Am i the only person that realizes every weapon that we see as "bad" is good in the enemys hands? Gorgon: Heavy Gunner, Supra: Corpus Tech, Ogris: Bombard Furax: Powerfist.

Ogris is arguably in a much better place than Supra or Gorgon. It just got powercreeped by the likes of the Tonkor.

Sorry for the double-post, but in case anyone didn't see the Devstream or AM-Bunny's summary of it, here is a snapshot of what's happening with ze beloved pew-pew factory:

1) Clip size is getting doubled

Ammo pool is getting the same treatment

3) Reload speed brought down to 3.0 seconds

4) Unspecified damage increase (TBC)

5) Projectile speed increase - not got an exact figure but apparently it's nearly doubled. Still slower than Boltor P.

Can't wait to unleash a new kind of hell with my six forma-d Supra when this comes around... >:)

Edited by Dualice

They Mentioned the Damage buff is small so it won't be a lot but every little helps and the supras projectile speed is currently 40m/s and the boltor primes is 70m/s so it could be the same as the boltor at 65m/s but we won't know until it comes out on wednesday hopefully

increased Projectile Speed. heh. so forget Weapons being Unique and being different from each other, make them all decently viable by making them extremely similar to each other.

q.q

and ninja fast reload time.

NPC's in Warframe only Reload for Aesthetics. they don't actually need to. :p

besides, Player versions of Weapons and Enemy versions of Weapons are two different things. always have been.

besides, Player versions of Weapons and Enemy versions of Weapons are two different things. always have been.

Nope, they're the same. They just scale differently. We have mods, enemies just scale with levels.

Why do you think so many Corpus weapons are puncture based? Because they fight the grineer

Why do you think so many Grineer weapons are Impact based? Because they fight the corpus

Why do you think Eviscerators were nerfed? Because the Miter has a 50% base proc chance...

Why do you think Elite lancers are so good at procing bleeds? look at the hind, 10% proc chance on a slash based, burst-fire weapon...

Why do you think Detron Crewmen deal so much damage sometimes? because tennos have alloy armor (weak to Radiation)...

There's so many examples of enemies becoming a huge threat right after a patch, like when they buffed the Braton or the Ignis.  

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the reason why all those weapons are so weak, and are kept like that.

It's just a matter of consistency: if we use the enemy weapons and they get buffed, well, enemies benefit from it too. That's part of balance.

I'm already dreading what the Techs will become after the buff

Nope, they're the same. They just scale differently. We have mods, enemies just scale with levels.

This explains why Shield Lancers still fire their Vipers in 3 round burst...

AI uses similar principles as players, like damage type and a few other stats, everything else is up to AI, which explains why Bombards or Napalms can fire at a rate of ~5 rockets per second whenever they please, or Corrupted Crewmen's burst-fire projectile Strun.

This has been explained few times by DE, AI needs to be taught how to use given weapon so they can avoid issues like Eviscerators shooting Miters like they were Bratons.

DE could make players' Supra file buckshot rounds and Techs would still be firing single projectiles.

Edited by Mofixil

increased Projectile Speed. heh. so forget Weapons being Unique and being different from each other, make them all decently viable by making them extremely similar to each other.

q.q

Doesn't the supra have a bunch of other characteristics that define it that aren't painfully slow projectile speed? I'm pretty sure that its the only laser firing, spool-time-having, high puncture damage, large magazine, corpus themed weapon in the game. Making the projectiles move faster than a snail's crawl won't make the weapon less unique at all. If anything it means that this unique weapon will be used more, which will diversify what we get to see other players use in missions.