Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augments - Wasting Mod Slots

ArbitorSupreme

this has been brought up many times before (even in the devstreams) and DE is looking in to it and it'll most likely get an augment slot so your frame can take the benefit of the augment without sacrificing your precious slots

Edited by Miss_Fluffybutt

Some aren't a waste. I would be open to anything that provides more versatility but it's not necessary to get the slots. I like having to think and decide which mods go and which stay. Also, if there is a augment slot there may only be one augment allowed per frame. there are some like nekros that having multiple are very beneficial. 

this has been brought up many times before (even in the devstreams) and DE is looking in to it and it'll most likely get an augment slot so your frame can take the benefit of the augment without sacrificing your precious slots

I actually remember in a devstream that they weren't doing dedicated augment slots but still was lookinh into a way of saving mod space

Some aren't a waste. I would be open to anything that provides more versatility but it's not necessary to get the slots. I like having to think and decide which mods go and which stay. Also, if there is a augment slot there may only be one augment allowed per frame. there are some like nekros that having multiple are very beneficial. 

i would love to see an unique Augment slot, but make it so you can use augments on normal slots too! that would be perfect since for example (like you said with Nekros) Hydroid Benefits from both Pilfering Swarm and Curative Undertow, having an extra Augment slot would and using 1 augment mod on normal slots would mean that you have +1 free mod slot

I think it is good the way it is now, you need to plan and sacrifice something in order to gain another thing from augments.

The problem is that builds are already very tight and most augments are not worth using over anything we are already using. The rare few that are worth using (e.g. Greedy Pull) get nerfed into uselessness and, again, fall into the not worth using over what we are already using tier.

We are already limited by power, slots, polarities, and corrupted mods anyway.

I believe augments should have a seperate spot when your placing them on warframes, instead of taking up the 8 slots. 

- Maybe an augment should be considered a aura

- Maybe it should still consume power and there can be one at a time on a frame.

Augments are wasting our mod slots because when all skills were given, 2 mod slots were removed. SIGH DE SIGH. Please return them as stated in Many pages of many threads =/

as always, some people are blind and "it's fine now, i just don't use Augments because they aren't worth it".

or, since most Augments are mediocre and situationally very niche, you don't need to choose between that and something that's extremely useful.

then those Augments can be viable instead of trash.

They are not talking about it anymore, they dont talk about charge attacks to melee and they stopped talking about Focus system and it has been forgotten. So yeah you can say Bye bye for charge meele attacks and additional slot for augments.

I think one to two new augment slots would be good. However, to fight an immediate power increase across the frames, the augments would still require their energy, and would need to forma the "augment slots" to the old ability polarity to halve the energy cost. This would allow people to use augments without killing valuable builds (This AND that instead of this OR that), while also requiring dedication, since builds will cost more energy now.

I think it is fine as it is. It requires you to think about things and prioritize functions. I'll admit, my builds are pretty simple and such, but I never feel too pressed for room. There are not that many decent aug mods to begin with, many either have useless/lack-luster effects or require builds that go against the grain of the frame. To me, this extra slot argument is only viable if many aug mods were viable to begin with, that they have enough utility to warrant the physical effort of moving your mouse to place it in a slot. I'm a simple guy, I don't need much to run my builds. Frankly I can't find many aug mods worth having an internal discussion over. Sure there may be mods that I'd like to put on just for heck of it, but I have 2 extra loadouts to $&*^ around with.

Edited by Insizer

I think it is good the way it is now, you need to plan and sacrifice something in order to gain another thing from augments.

I see your point but to behonest alot of the mods ive come across arent well made and cause you sacrfice an important mod slot that would help the augment but wouldnt becauce there would not be enough space for it.

Edited by ArbitorSupreme

augment mods....... NEED TO GO TO ABILITY...... i feel you should e able to mod each ability for each ability affecting mod you have accounting for it

suck as you could mod each ability they way you wanna mod it (MAY CAUSE COPY BUILDS FOR EACH ABILITY THO)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

also each ability should be able to SELF SLOT 1-2 augments to make it not mandatory for each ability to have each in every field of usage...

I think they will maybe going to add augment slots to every ability after all abilities get 2 augments, so you will need oto chose ne from two augments on every ability. 

I hope they add this as well, to add variety into power usage and specialize into different play styles.

Agreed.

Oh really. So I should sacrifice a mod slot and have a blatant loss in efficiency just for the fun of being able to use an augment? In order to justify this approach, we would need mass buffs for most augments across the board. In fact, we do either way.