The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Bringing Prime Access Accessories.

So last week we had a bit of an uproar when Baro Ki Teer brought the Prova Vandal and Machete Wraith in his bi-weekly stock. These old weapons used to be rewards for events, and some people believed they should stay that way. Personally I think it was a good idea, as I never got the Machete Wraith in the past.

So speaking of things I never got in the past, I'm now proposing the idea that I said in the title.

I'm sure a lot of people would be very happy to see things like the Targis Prime Armour set return, but I want to know the thoughts of the people who bought the accessories, thinking they would be exclusive.

Please keep this civil,

Jimjoebob.

EDIT: So from what I can see in the comments within the first 5 minutes of posting this, it seems that the idea is viewed as pretty negative, which is what I thought would happen. Eh, a man can dream at least.

Edited by Jimjoebob27

They need to be kept exclusive, ive bought targis during the prime access, and if they came out in baros inventory, not only would it make me feel like ive wasted 50$, but it would also ruin the rarity and prestige of the armor. Definitly a game killer for me.

The Gradivus Dilemma was way back in 2013, so. I'm surprised, but not too surprised. The event BADGE, however, is still unique. I sport my Sacrifice badge on most frames, actually.

I think Founder items will be different, however. That represents a bigger investment of straight up hard cash, not just player time, unlike event items. Baro sporting those would be a bit bad for business, much less against the intention of the Founder program.

If anything, they might alter how the Founder program works.

However, I could see Baro bringing over rare Chinese server-side items/very close imitations to us, rather than Founder stuff.

The Prime Access FAQ clearly states that Accessories are exclusive to Prime Access.  The only way they could possibly return would be recycled in another Prime Access.  It has also been stated that there are currently no plans to recycle any of them.

Prime Accessories, no. However, some sort of variation on them would be acceptable, such as a retextured/reskinned, unprimed accessory. 

sort of what they did with the yamako....made a prime varaint and that friday baro came out they gave us a prisma variant

I'm sure a lot of people would be very happy to see things like the Targis Prime Armour set return, but I want to know the thoughts of the people who bought the accessories, thinking they would be exclusive.

Why in the world would it ever be okay for Baro to sell items that people spent 50 bucks on?

It's as (un)likely as Excalibur Prime being made available in a similar fashion. It makes the 'only time to buy' bit feckless if they don't stick to it. 

That said, if this game ever becomes an unprofitable graveyard, it'll probably become extremely pay to win and anything would be possible.

So ... At least not for the next 4 - 5 years.

So last week we had a bit of an uproar when Baro Ki Teer brought the Prova Vandal and Machete Wraith in his bi-weekly stock. These old weapons used to be rewards for events, and some people believed they should stay that way. Personally I think it was a good idea, as I never got the Machete Wraith in the past.

So speaking of things I never got in the past, I'm now proposing the idea that I said in the title.

Please keep this civil,

Jimjoebob.

EDIT: So from what I can see in the comments within the first 5 minutes of posting this, it seems that the idea is viewed as pretty negative, which is what I thought would happen. Eh, a man can dream at least.

Please read the FAQ on the Prime Access page before making pointless threads, here is a quote:

Will the Exclusive items be available in-game after a new pack is available?

No. The Exclusive items in Prime Access are Exclusive to the Prime Access Program. You may see them rotated within the Program but they will not be made available in-game

There is you answer, no need to make pointless threads. 

Edited by Jeetza