Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voice Overs For The Tenno?

rawr1254

I understand that all the enemies, Ordis, Void Trader, Lotus, etc. have voice over. Is there any chance there would be any voiceover for the tenno? That could give us more of a feel of who our Tenno are. I know for instance in Marvel Heroes(Sorry if Im not allowed to mention that :D) if certain characters are near each other they will initiate a sort of banter/conversation with each other. I know they're the silent Tenno and all but it would be nice.

So we can unmask them but they are eternally mute :[

Uh... we've never seen the face of any Tenno. And we likely never will according to DE.

There's a lotta fanart about the various Tenno and what that artist thinks they look like under the mask, but none of that is canon.

Mate

alot of us are going to say this so F*** it

The tenno lore goes that the tenno took an oath to never speak their voices like in the way of old 

meaning no @(*()$ way in hell not even with valkyrs toture she didnt say a word tenno got a strong will to do so 

meaning no tenno ever will and will not speak..but tenno communicate by some sort of technological images in their head to talk to one another

Fan art is pretty much the actions of the community going 'what goes here?' and running with it. The Tenno are, beyond their culture, mostly blank slates. This is useful though as that means the player, as people as mentioned, can project a character onto a Tenno, a narrative around why they use x y z weapon combination along with which Warframe. It's these that end up making into fan art stuff; making a few OCs out of shared tools, in a way.

Closest you're going to get is particular Warframes having some slight vocalising for their powers, and so far that's down to Rhino, Zephyr and Valkyr which mainly reinforces their theme. Even then, Warframes are not the Tenno using them so different thing entirely but it's still slight for the same reason. A bit of vocal grunting is easily woven into varying character narratives.

And that's where the real sticker comes in. The Tenno individual uses the collection of Warframes you possess. So whatever 'Voice' they might have for one frame might seem like a really great fit for that one frame, but would be just 'wrong' depending who you ask for another. Further, voiced lines not only get old eventually, but can also make a very definitive statement of what a given character is like.

There's just no way that the amount of voice options would ever suit everyone. Sure, if you were playing an established character like the various units in Fire Emblem Awakening, Skye from Sanctum or the like, then backing them up with their spoken dialogue is easy; it's character reinforcement. When there are no established (Named, Background, Encountered) Tenno characters to work with (that aren't dead) it's safer to leave your directions open as you don't have anything to reinforce. Compare to all our quite well defined allies and enemies; they speak and we understand them very simply from that.

Can't exactly picture Hek or Tyl Regor any differently than how they are, purely because of their vocalisation and word choice. 

Mate

alot of us are going to say this so F*** it

The tenno lore goes that the tenno took an oath to never speak their voices like in the way of old 

meaning no @(*()$ way in hell not even with valkyrs toture she didnt say a word tenno got a strong will to do so 

meaning no tenno ever will and will not speak..but tenno communicate by some sort of technological images in their head to talk to one another

Source?

Go look at the lore mate its there i S#&$ you not this isnt my own personal thing it really does say that about the lore

What lore? The official lore? The lore on the wiki? Can you link me to the source??

What lore? The official lore? The lore on the wiki? Can you link me to the source??

I've heard that Purchase World's game has different lore, but it has nothing to do with ours. I think that's where herodude is getting it from.

Edited by DeadSirius

i am going to jump off a bridge now....they changed it......

*sigh* before they changed it in the media section and story or faction and you clicked tenno it would say what tenno are and who they are and crap and that they made an oath never to speak....ffs......do beleive me mate ive been playing since closed beta and i have been following the lore perfectly to even to start my own good theorys

• 2 weeks later...

i am going to jump off a bridge now....they changed it......

*sigh* before they changed it in the media section and story or faction and you clicked tenno it would say what tenno are and who they are and crap and that they made an oath never to speak....ffs......do beleive me mate ive been playing since closed beta and i have been following the lore perfectly to even to start my own good theorys

yep they do that now and then, same with Nyx prime, when Nyx prime access was just released, it mentioned that lotus research into the orokin technology allowed her to make the prime armour for Nyx..... about a week later that part was gone

• 2 weeks later...

Tenno are gore eating energy beasts incased in restrictive armor that allow them to control their sht.   They were humans before and act accordingly.

Thats how i see em.

And no...I dont want em to be voiced. And i dont want to see what's "inside" their frame. Coz frame is their body now.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...