Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Let's Talk About Time...

Trylobyte

It's a strange irony that a game focused on high-speed space ninjas running around being awesome is getting slower and slower, but that's the trend I'm seeing lately, and as someone who doesn't like heavy grinding Update 17 is making me sadder than usual.  The new frame requires me to grind out not four but eight untradable blueprints, making the RNG all that much more infuriating, and it takes almost twice as long to build too - A week for one frame!  Can't wait for THAT to go Prime...  It requires fighting a revamped boss who spends a lot of time going into an invulnerable, untargetable position, which makes him take more time to fight (though he's not as bad as Lech Kril and his randomly-indestructible backpack - Fix that please?).  That's fine, since the boss is pretty fun and I only need to get all those prints once.  But then we have the other new content.  The kubrow requires me to either buy imprints to raise the chances of getting him or breed randomly for a few days and hope it's the right one (~20% chance); if not I have to sign him off to Space Mom and get another one to try again for another few days.  All to get something that is inferior to the Carrier I already own, but vital in the search for mastery experience. 

And then there's the granddaddy of all time-sinks, the Exilus.  Sure, you can build one...  if you have the time and patience to farm up 50K standing (which takes 3 days only if you're at one of the highest mastery levels; most will need 4-5) with the most frustrating, time-consuming syndicate in the game (Simaris) for a one-use blueprint.  This will also cost you an argon crystal (which expire over time and can't be stockpiled) and 2 formas (easy enough to get, but take a day to build and are used for nearly everything).  This may necessitate more runs to get the rare resources required for either the formas or the argon crystal.  Then after you get all this, it's another day to actually build the adapter.  Which you can't rush, since just rushing the formas costs more plat than straight buying the adapter.  All for one slot on one frame...  and I regularly use five.  I hope I can fit all that in alongside all the Void runs I already need to do to shop at the Void Trader!

As someone who doesn't play Warframe a lot due to having a job, this large and seemingly increasing time demand worries me.  I love the end-game content as much as the next guy, but if I'm going to get all this awesome new stuff I either need to step up my playtime or start paying over cash.  That's a bad feeling...  very much the same reason I don't play games like Clash of Clans.  We're veering into the territory where I feel like I need to either dedicate all my free time to the game to advance or start paying (more) money, and that's never a comfortable place for a gamer. 

Come on DE, help me resolve this dissonance.  Stop making everything take forever.

... patience?

You can't have it all immediately the update just came out.

I personally will just farm exillus adapters and forma. and go get that damn Chesa if an egg happens to drop.

In all i think it'll take 1 week to get a frame up to exilus standards.

If it didn't take forever, everyone would have it. I don't think that's the point of Exilus.

Edited by _Rue_

With Equinox, you literally have 8 abilities. You're playing 2 Warframes at once. Why should you be able to get a double Warframe as easily as, say, Rhino or Mag? It just wouldn't make any sense to let you get something like that so easily.

It might be more frustrating, yes, but it's for the sake of balance.

Edited by Camelslayer

Exilus adapters cost the same as forma and potatoes anyway. If you're running the void enough to have plenty of forma, then you could more than likely pawn off your spare prime parts to account for it. That, or the time required to acquire enough syndicate standing would be sufficient in releveling your frame, something you'll need to do if you even intend to add an additional utility mod in the first place.

So far, this has been the easiest acquisition of all new weapons and frames in an update. The new quest isn't locking anything away for anyone, so it isn't necessary, and warframe parts are dropping like any other warframe in the past. The time it takes to build is fairly irrelevant, especially if you can't even play Warframe that much due to a job.

bruh it took me 4 hours to finsih up the natah -AND MORE-

Because you were lucky enough for the quest to start for you. I've played WAYY more than 4h since the update and no quest for me. It's all RNG... as usual.

And then there's the granddaddy of all time-sinks, the Exilus.  Sure, you can build one...  if you have the time and patience to farm up 50K standing (which takes 3 days only if you're at one of the highest mastery levels; most will need 4-5) with the most frustrating, time-consuming syndicate in the game (Simaris) for a one-use blueprint.

Two things about that part:

1) Simaris is the least time-consuming syndicate in the game..

2) Is the Exilus Adapter really still obtainable from him? Thought it was temporary before the Natah quest release >_>

With Equinox, you literally have 8 abilities. You're playing 2 Warframes at once. Why should you be able to get a double Warframe as easily as, say, Rhino or Mag? It just wouldn't make any sense to let you get something like that so easily.

I do understand your point but please, at least don't make the build time for aspects 72 hours on top of the other 72 hours to build the frame itself. It just feels stupid to me to wait for that long, two different frames at once be damned.

Patience goes a long way in making the game fun. I'm taking my time, going through the content slowly and enjoying it. 0 stress on my part and I've got Equinox, Natah completed and half of the new equipment possibly within my sights within a few weeks. Power farming really burns you out and makes the game not nearly as fun as it can be. Just some advice from an ex tryhard who's trying to love the game again.

As someone who doesn't play Warframe a lot due to having a job, this large and seemingly increasing time demand worries me.  I love the end-game content as much as the next guy, but if I'm going to get all this awesome new stuff I either need to step up my playtime or start paying over cash.  That's a bad feeling...  very much the same reason I don't play games like Clash of Clans.  We're veering into the territory where I feel like I need to either dedicate all my free time to the game to advance or start paying (more) money, and that's never a comfortable place for a gamer. 

Don't play the job card, I have a job, wife, and kid, and still find time to get things I want in WF. It does require patience though, which it seems you have none.

Also, you can easily buy the new slot for a couple Prime parts or mods, it's not that bad. The slots arent even that amazing, neither is the kubrow, and MR has lost its luster with Draco farming. Also, maybe you should pay, it is a FREE game with NO ADS... I try to pluck a fiver from my bank account when I can, its a cup of coffee, or pack of smokes, not a big deal. DE works hard on this game..

"Im mad because i cant have all new content without any effort"

I might be wrong, but that what i undertood

Also, if you dont want to wait buy it with plats, its simple

This was pretty much it. QQ I didnt login to find all the new content automatically unlocked in my inbox

Gripes about movement are legit I guess. It's a bit slower but more than that I feel like the controls on bullet dash need to be tweaked. Specifically aiming down making me go up (if I want to go up ill aim up..)

lets talk about time

I run 8 hrs yesterday 2 sessions of 4 hrs and that thing dint come out. x 2 for sats and sundays so is 16 hrs.

i dont mind hard quest but it must be definite ( the quest is there you can take me marry go round 5-6 planets i am fine with it, even 10 planets also ok, one each.

but not something by random. Thats totally unacceptable especially if it is part of the storyline.

if random encounter like zanuka, stalker or gustarg 3. OK is just farming not even in the main story

in every game, the story must continue not to be jammed up because it must be random encounter.

if anything I would think this was the perfect set up for OP. He sounds like he has maybe enough time for one-two hours of gameplay, which is more than enough to kill Tyl Regor, get some bps, build them, get some syndicate points, then log off until he can do it again. You don't have to "wait" for your BPs to finish building because when you get back from work, they're all done! 

Unless the problem is that you have no patience for this, in which case nothing will really solve your problem.

and in the end you get a frame that is no stronger (if not a little less so at the moment) than any other frame. don't act as if this is some superior highly specialized mega frame, it is just another frame with another gimmick, so using that as an excuse for an increased difficulty in obtaining it is utter crap. there is no balance in making frames more difficult than others on whim like the last few frames have been, they aren't vastly superior to the rest in any such way that would warrant a more difficult process of obtaining. 

if anything I would think this was the perfect set up for OP. He sounds like he has maybe enough time for one-two hours of gameplay, which is more than enough to kill Tyl Regor, get some bps, build them, get some syndicate points, then log off until he can do it again. You don't have to "wait" for your BPs to finish building because when you get back from work, they're all done! 

Unless the problem is that you have no patience for this, in which case nothing will really solve your problem.

The RNG becomes a big problem with that.  To put it in perspective, I decided tonight I'd like Panthera.  I had four of the five Miter parts already, missing only the barrel.  Three and a half hours later and I just got it.  I've gotten every single other drop 3-7 times (except Trinity Systems, also absent).  I've even leveled a Warframe from 20 to 30 and gained all my daily standings off that mission.  When it came to the Equinox I had a chunk of time on the weekend and a group of friends to run with; even blowing through Tyl Regor in a few minutes it took us a good 4-5 hours to get the parts (Night Helmet was the holdout).  Did get lucky and found the Oculyst while running him, though.  If I'd been with random groups I could see it taking a good deal longer.

As for Cephalon Simaris, he does tend to take the longest for me, especially if I've been keeping up with scanning synthesis targets - Each target is ~3500 standing, so all 10 synthesis targets won't get you a blueprint (and they're single use).  One Draco run can get me almost all my daily standing for a normal syndicate but for him I'm going to have to stealth a couple missions and scan everything.

A lot of you are getting me wrong.  I don't expect everything to get given to me.  I'm actually somewhat fine with things as they stand now (though I think the Exilus is a bit silly).  But I'm getting distressed with the fact that it seems getting things done in Warframe is taking longer and longer and I'd rather not see this become a long-term trend..  I know the forums aren't the best place to post this sort of thing since forums tend to be where the game's most dedicated players are (and thus the people who spend the most time playing it) but it's a point I think is worth mentioning.

and in the end you get a frame that is no stronger (if not a little less so at the moment) than any other frame. don't act as if this is some superior highly specialized mega frame, it is just another frame with another gimmick, so using that as an excuse for an increased difficulty in obtaining it is utter crap. there is no balance in making frames more difficult than others on whim like the last few frames have been, they aren't vastly superior to the rest in any such way that would warrant a more difficult process of obtaining. 

First off, there's no excuse for you being rude about it.

Two, quit putting words in my mouth. I never said it was a super frame.

All I'm saying is I understand why they did what they did. I'm not 100% on board with it either but I get it.

Edited by Camelslayer

Yes, let's talk about time.

It took 4 months (from when U16 was released) for U17 to come out.  If players could acquire/blow through 4 months worth of content in a week it would be...problematic.

This is true.

I believe what OP is talking about is that he feels that the content should be more meaningful rather than arbitrarily and artificially elongated to last more time.

On point, yeah it's a bit early to be complaining about how difficult it is to get the new toys.  As others have already stated, you're not meant to blow through everything in a week.

Exilus though, these things have a weird cost considering you can buy them from the market for 20P.  You can farm 20 plat worth of prime stuff in the void, sell it, and buy an Exilus with a fraction of the grind that it takes to earn one.  I can't see myself actually making these things when it's so easy to buy them.

'It's a strange irony that a game focused on high-speed space ninjas running around being awesome is getting slower and slower'

I am still trying to understand the very first line.

I mean, someone please make me understand exactly how 'High-Speed Space Ninjas' are related to obtaining the said-ninja slowly(aka, time-wall).

Anyway, there are literally 5 or 6 problems in U17, that people can complain about. And Equinox farm is not one of them. Ask around and you will see that most players got Equinox within 20 runs. And the time-wall you are complaining about is actually better than Mesa.

I am glad that DE has decided to stop with the 'Key' BS, because I haven't played Mutalist Alad V and Lephantis for ages because of that key thing.

Whereas, every now and then, I go to other Boss nodes and play.

What I personally don't like in U17 are-

1. Bullet Jump feels slower than Frontflip. Personal opinion though.

2. Natah quest should not have been RNG based. Though I got the quest the 8th time I was running Regor for Equinox.

3. Exilus(or whatever the utility slot is called) is way too expensive for what it does. This one is the worst addition in U17. For 2 Forma and 50k Simaris standing, I should atleast be given the option to polarise the utility slot when I unlock it.

4. Sharkwing is glitchy and slower than Archwing. Hate that.

5. Incubator Upgrade should have been a normal upgrade. Though I don't really care because waiting 3 days is not long for me.

One thing everyone should consider is that if you get everything that the major update brings, on the very first day, what will you do for the next 2 months?

I , for one, will sure be bored. I would rather wait a week for a frame and enjoy it then, than get it very first day and keep it to the shelf.