Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Peoples Opinion On The New Frost.

Void-Shyrok

Loving to not be rooted to the pod and not being a press 3 bot anymore. Now i can just cast the globe and walk off to have some fun, without worrying that much about it. Also i don't know what is the problem that some people here seem to be having with durability, my snow globe last for like forever even under constant heavy gunner fire.

This so much! I think DE is determined to remove all "utility playstyles" from Frames. Not having to babysit the pod is a huge buff to Frost.

i do wish we had a way to dispel globe though. Its become a great offensive ability, but its not wise to cast it anywhere now. If we could use freeze to explode globe, that would add so much synergy to his skillset. Imagine creating a globe, leaping in air and casting freeze on it, causing the globe to explode and deal blast/cold damage to enemies inside and near globe! It doesnt need to be a lot of damage, but it would feel damn cool. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

I kinda like it but would prefer if we could toggle globe on or off.

Is there a bug with timer/health? Glob says 0 and is still up? I wish globe would disappear when health goes to 0.

Love the repel feature when cast

Melee freeze against frost doesnt alsawys work. Is it 100% or some other chance?

Avalanche freeze is great

• 2 weeks later...

Feels good so far. Ice wave covers a large area and basically blankets a room with insta chill proc which is of course great for slowing enemies movement and attack speeds. Avalanche is really nice with the armor reduction and stun, but haven't really noticed how much the shatter damage is though but it's appreciated. Snowglobe is still good as usual. Sometimes it doesn't push enemies away that are close but it will still freeze them, possibly a bug. The passive I thought was dumb but in practice it's actually nice. Not sure of the proc chance but it happens pretty often. Helps to not get snuck up on or swarmed by infested. Not sure if it's intended but also froze a scorpion that hooked me. They froze and I didn't get pulled. Win-win I say. Overall I still love him. Just be smart about placing snowglobe and you can use the rest of his abilities to control areas and reduce the damage your team takes.

wow great improvements. can someone say how it works with the augment Chilling globe? is it like before or are there changes about the augment? do chilling globe freeze still like before or not????

The rework was a breath of fresh air for Frost and has made it much more enjoyable and interesting to to play. The Offensive capability of what was once a pure Defensive ability in Frost Shield is great ~ Run into a pack of mobs and cast shield to send them flying and then detonate it once its full of slowed and frozen foes once more.

As to above ~ Chilling Globe still works as its made to.

Edited by AzureTerra

i like how i imagined and described the snowglobe dispell move almost exactly they way they made it, before they changed it. i had to read my post twice to see if i made it before or after the snow globe dispel addition.

DE definitely listens to the players and forums.

Edited by Hypernaut1

He's definitely in a much better position than he was before. Spamming Freeze on a chokepoint to create slowfields is pretty fun and the skill itself is a lot more useful in general, Ice Wave hitting all enemies in a massive cone makes it feel like it's worth the energy spent, not having to worry about duration on snowglobe and even pushing enemies away is a nice improvement, and Avalanche finally has some CC that can even hurt other nearby enemies upon killing a frozen target.

Overall I'd say they hit all the right marks, he feels a lot more versatile and capable at being both a good offensive and defensive force.

i have 2 questions. 1. does his abilities cost more energy or are they still the same energy cost like before?

2. if snowglobe is gone weaker than before what have they changed that it has become weaker like everyone say?

thx for your replies and sorry for repeating for the 1st questions

I like the tweaks on him, but not a fan how weak it feels now.

Maximized Steel Fiber, Armored Agility, and Arcane Aurora Helmet increases the base health to 6,160 (3500 + 5*532).

These Wikia numbers are old, right?

How exactly did they change to Globe strength?

@SweetSlaanesh, the old SG was also effected by armor and strength and it's duration was increased by casting it again inside the Globe. And did that invulnerability time stay at 4 sec or did they increase it?

Edited by OneMember

i have 2 questions. 1. does his abilities cost more energy or are they still the same energy cost like before?

2. if snowglobe is gone weaker than before what have they changed that it has become weaker like everyone say?

thx for your replies and sorry for repeating for the 1st questions

It hasn't gotten weaker. It has the potential to be astronomically more durable since it scales based on armor and additional casts as well as the initial invulnerability period where it further increases the base health if enemies shoot it.

Basically, people are full of poo.

Edited by SweetSlaanesh

It's better than ever. Now you don't have to keep popping Snow Globes every 30 seconds and waste all your energy just with it. You can even destroy a misplaced Snow Globe by using Freeze to destroy it and ragdoll enemies away.

Ice Wave is really good now as well. DE did a great job on this rework.

Frost is currently my favorite frame. He feels very balanced and not overly reliant on any single ability, while they all feel useful. Not having to babysit a duration based globe has really freed him up to play the field and explore his other abilities.

I feel that other frames like Vauban and Nekros could use similar tweeks.

Edited by Ryme