Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Make 'natural Talent' Exilus?

Burosan

There are several support and tactical frames that benefit nicely from natural talent.

Natural talent could fall into the category of exilus where it isnt such a strong mod but one that works well on a few warframes providing a casting speed bonus, that could be likened to a movement speed buff.

Frames like Trinity, Mirage, Nekros, Hydroid and Oberon can use to great benefit a full complement of 8 mods to get there abilities right but are then hampered by there casting time. It is of less importance that they have rush or other mobility mods but simply have that faster cast time to be effective and not bait and burden on their team.

Are there others that would like to see this?

Its a small thing that would make the life of the above ability caster frames marginally better and not overpower them.

The reasoning given for it not being included was that the exilus slot is intended to be for mods that do not improve powers or survivability. Natural Talent modifies abilities, so it was left out.

I would say that Natural Talent is much closer to being a movement mod than an ability mod anyway. It really should be included.

For your Min-Maxer's the "Natural Talent" mod would pretty much be mandatory since it and increase the number of casts you can do by shortening the cast time.

Shorter Cast time = More Casts = More Damage

Thus it would be a +damage mod witch means it is not utility anymore.

ability usage amount is limited by energy reserve and energy drops and casting speed.

The reasoning given for it not being included was that the exilus slot is intended to be for mods that do not improve powers or survivability. Natural Talent modifies abilities, so it was left out.

I would say that Natural Talent is much closer to being a movement mod than an ability mod anyway. It really should be included.

Handspring. Main reason i was dying in the void was knockback, now i can stay there for a hour at with or without allied.

While natural talent can help boosting the power cast it dosent really help to domage since the main domage power that can have some use to it, are duration base and or cast and forget.

I would wish to add undying will too

Handspring. Main reason i was dying in the void was knockback, now i can stay there for a hour at with or without allied.

While natural talent can help boosting the power cast it dosent really help to domage since the main domage power that can have some use to it, are duration base and or cast and forget.

I would wish to add undying will too

none of the parkour mods add damage nor does handspring natural talent definitely fits as being utility.

Do I really need to explain why it would not work? Natural Talent is not used for utility as much as it is used for min-maxing builds. None of the current exilus mods are used for min-maxing your "OP" builds, that is the trait all exilus mods need to continue to share.

<sarcasm> While you are at it, why not make all the mods exilus-eligible? Because why not, the community wants it, right? </sarcasm>

Do I really need to explain why it would not work? Natural Talent is not used for utility as much as it is used for min-maxing builds. None of the current exilus mods are used for min-maxing your "OP" builds, that is the trait all exilus mods need to continue to share.

<sarcasm> While you are at it, why not make all the mods exilus-eligible? Because why not, the community wants it, right? </sarcasm>

Handspring and Rush to some extend are a great deal to min-max builds. Befor I would skip Prime Continuity and use Constitution for that extrya knock down recovery, now I use Handspring and P.Continuity.

Argumenting it affects powers and is therefor not a utility is understandable, but debatable.

Personally I fear befor we get some of the old mods turned into Exilus, some other mods, like Hndspring, will be banned.

Would u like to talk specifics on how it might be abused?

I think it is much needed for the support caster frames, like Nekros. He needs his efficiency to desecrate, he needs some range to catch bodies, benefits greatly from having power strength on his shadow army and might even do well to have his shield of shadows up to compensate for his 15 armour along with quick thinking a primed flow. But you've already run out of mod space by at least 2 and somewhere in all that, he kind of needs natural talent, because casting his desecrate regularly opens him up to be vulnerable, casting his army of shadows takes ages leaving him vulnerable. Its not too much fun running around after your frontline teammates killing things with their tanky armour and damage mitigating abilities with 15 armour and pausing for a sec to desecrate or more for a shadow army. Here u have your team mates bullet jumping and rushing while poor old Nekros is standing on the ground stutter stepping. Nekros needs this, along with other frames to keep them more mobile. Hardly to do game breaking maximized play as far as I can see.

Edited by Burosan