The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cost Of New Clan Research/items Way Too High!

gamersofpain

I think the new weapon/item cost need to be addressed.  As a rank 20 player and head of an alliance and clan, I must say I love this game.  However there is a new trend in warframe to go from free to play to almost forcing players to buy platinum.  For example, the cost of the new Knux for clan research is massive even for small clans.  This trend to force tenno to either spend massive amounts of unreasonable hours to spend in the game or buy plat is taking away from the enjoyment of the game. We all buy platinum to support the development of the game.  However this new price exploitation has seriously deterred me from enjoying the game.  The past 4 items added to the game have had an outrageous material cost.  Please justify the cost or explain how you'll change this past and future trend.

Shadow clan requiring 60,000 Cryotic (it's very common, but that is a huge amount), and 30 Tellurium.

Shadow clan

Tellurium.

I play Archwing more than most players, and definitely more than intended, but that's more than half my reserve.

Shadow clan requiring 60,000 Cryotic (it's very common, but that is a huge amount), and 30 Tellurium.

Shadow clan

Tellurium.

I play Archwing more than most players, and definitely more than intended, but that's more than half my reserve.

But Uranus submersible tilesets drop Tellurium even if enemies are killed on land. 

I've gotten 5 Tellurium a run as Nekros. 

Shadow clan

Tellurium.

A Shadowclan is for atleast 10 people, upto 30. If everyone chips in that's 1-3 telurium per head. That is entirely reasonable.

I find it somewhat staggering that people are taken back that they cannot single-handedly carry the burden anymore for research costs that were designed to be carried by a large group of players. Like people from Mountain clas who complain about the research cost because they cannot single-handedly carry what should be carried by upto 300 people!

The problem is that clans who have died down and are but a fraction of their former self in terms of activity are stuck with a high researchcost multiplier with no way to downsize their clan to something that more fits their current situation.

Wanna talk about our 1000 Tellurium as a moon clan?

Sure, we're almost 1000 players so it's roughly 1 each, but we all know the active members are usually less than half, plus only half of that half is willing to contribute.

And we're Lone Rangers so we don't force members to contribute...it will take ages *glom

I don't feel that the new requirements are too steep, I feel that the previous requirements were too cheap. I've been able to fund 100% of my research (ghost clan) immediately and without even batting an eye or making the slightest dent in my personal resource reserves.

The Tellurium works out to 1 per member and the cryotic is 2k per member(20 excavators) which isn't too bad in my opinion.

Edited by (XB1)longliner386

I don't feel that the new requirements are too steep, I feel that the previous requirements were too cheap. I've been able to fund 100% of my research (ghost clan) immediately and without even batting an eye or making the slightest dent in my personal resource reserves.

Tell me how over 200k credits (Shadow Clan) for just the research of the bp of a weapon isn't too much

Tell me how over 200k credits (Shadow Clan) for just the research of the bp of a weapon isn't too much

Credits are cheap.

Currently, it is entirely reasonable for a well equipped player to get 1m+ credits/hour.

Edited by Kthal

Credits are cheap.

Currently, it is entirely reasonable for a well equipped player to get 1m+ credits/hour.

wow please tell me your secret! xD

i always run out of credits(especially when involving transmution lol).

usually i run pluto survival DS for a quick 20k ish per 5 minutes.

Guys, I think we should all agree that, objectively, the research requirements are WAY too low anyway. I'm running a solo Clan of the lowest tier and have easily funded everything in about a week or so. 

Compared to everything else, the latest clan-research armaments seem so inflated only because they're realistically priced, Clan-size concerning at least.

Edited by Gale47

Guys, I think we should all agree that, objectively, the research requirements are WAY too low. I'm running a solo Clan of the lowest tier and have easily funded everything in about a week or so. 

The problem is that most clans have been operating under the benevolence of two or three people, who contribute and are responsible for over 90% of a clans' development. As someone already pointed out, the cost for a 1000 member clan equates to 1 per member. Even if a clan only had 50% active member, that's a mere 2 per member. Instead, it's one or two people looking at and complaining to DE about how much farming they will have to do, to amass the full 1000 pieces cost themselves. 

wow please tell me your secret! xD

Trials. 450,000 credits, 20-30 min runs.

Rare/Reinforced containers give boosters. They spawn frequently, and with a 50/50 chance of a Credit or Affinity booster, so with or without perma-boosters, the payout is the same.

450,000 credits/run, with a single run taking 20-30 minutes.

Technically, the Nightmare Trial is marginally faster, as well as giving Nightmare mods, but this is offset by the difficulty, as well as the cost of restores, which you should avoid using more than 1-2 per run.

Edited by Kthal

That is 7500 credits per member. How is that unreasonable?

The requirements per member are rather cheap:

7500 credits, 1 Tellurium, 2000 cryotic, 1000 polymer bundles and 500 plastids.

I will be funding my ghost clans research totally and won't even think twice. I would probably self fund even if I were a shadow, only if I were storm would I have to reconsider. Even though I could fund a storm tier research personally, I don't play AW enough for it to be worth it.

I think the researchcosts are a worse problem for bigger clans. My mountainclan took 3 days to get the research done were at full capacity and kick after like 18days of inactivity. I can only imagine what less active clans must go through.

Another problem is that only like 10-20% of a bigger clan contribute to research so pls think about that when you add new clantech DE.

I have done some daily missions and gathered up to 190k Cryotic... I did quite a good amount of Archwing for just leveling weapons and giggles and got about 150 tellarium... Idk what the problem is here.

Not everyone have the time and dedication to play Warframe to acquire stuff. Thats the problem.