Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma-The Great Warframe But....

Demlier

Hello i started this topic because i played chroma checked all the possible builds and i need to say THANKS a lot for think great warframe he's like a walking dead machine with his 3 . I'm a little frustrated with that he's 1st skill is totalyty useless 200 damage per second when most of enemies have great protection vs maybe cold or fire , and when we are using him we are really easy target :P no backflips no sprinting just this slow < cool looking> walk  and 2 his disadvantage is well the second skill maybe not so much but have the same problem no dmg :P the 1st skill and second - if we want to kill somebody with it are good only vs low levels enemies with those who are vulnerable for this element we use . and i think 2 skill maybe dont need anything to change thanks to his cool buffs like HP or Shields , or even reload speed . The biggest problem is this 4 i dont mean anything in damage or anything like that . I mean only this draining energy it's like a dragon...i dont mean the looking but yea this looks like dragon. i mean it's literally burns energy in few seconds . I really just love that warframe but it is a little annoying to look like all the energy which is collected by, for example, all one wave disappears in just a few seconds.

anyway 
THANKS A LOT FOR THIS GREAT WARFRAME :)

1st skill - deny enemy CC to you if you time it right (deny scorpion hooks, grineer heavy ground slams) and a good CC tool as well due to its high status chance (from experience)

2nd skill - not used for damage, but for its buffs to the party, most noticeable with fire and ice. Personally run a low duration, high str build for fire, gives on-demand healing, but slightly unreliable. Also run a high duration ice build, stack with 3rd skill.

4th skill - more CC here

If energy is a problem (eating 5 energy orbs in 2 seconds), remove carrier/prime

1 is bad yes.

2 and 3 are good and can easily be used in conjunction with each other.

4 needs a build with maximised strength and efficiency to not burn through your energy.

Also, please structure your post a little more. Reading it felt like you were just writing down every thought as it came to your mind.

Yea im sorry for that im not such good in english and sorry for that .  Well if u want to use 1st to make enemy panic for 1 sec or max 3 then gl when it's no 100% he will do this - bigger possibility is that u will die trying to use it on for example t4 def wave 20 - u will just get rocket into face and u can say BB no offense :P and eagle yea 1st is bad 2.3 is good specially 3 it's great but 4 well if i ll build max strenght and efficiency then 2 and 3 is more than useless - 6 or maybe even 9 seconds of these skills seems no useful

I also find that Spectral scream suffers in regards to being useful, but p3Z1 stated, the move can still be used to resist knockdowns and such while it can't be relied on for any useful damage or status. I feel that Elemental Ward and Vex Armor are useful as they give Chroma a devastating gun game while being used alongside healers like Oberon and Trinity. Sadly, while I would consider the Effigy to be Chroma's signature move, one to set the warframe apart from his peers like Rhino; the move just drains energy too quickly with too low and slow of damage for the cost. If Effigy used up less energy to maintain or did large damage I would be pleased as punch to use it but honestly I don't feel it has a strong use for Chroma outside of a near gimick and a method of gaining a touch more speed.

Edited by Urlan

Add an arcane grace to the mix (for non-fire builds) combined with a Vaykor Marelok/Scattered Justice Hek and he's damn near impossible to kill in capable hands. I like the fact that he's not a press-4 to gain invulnerability frame either. If you're not careful with your shields, high level enemies will burst you down in seconds. Great frame for levelling weapons in Draco PUGs.

Effigy is very useful for the initial blind. I use it for CC (while activating capsules or reviving), not damage. It could use some DE love though. Scream is garbage. If I'm close enough for knockdowns, it's usually because I'm running melee, in which case I can simply block.

Edited by stoybot

summarizing the chrome is a powerful warframe - but its power does not flow from his one skill but with 2 and 3 while ulti should not be used in the long run because when you run out with form all the energy it can be turned against us. Warframe has lost a lot in my eyes when I realized that it looks like a dragon which is really AWESOMEx999999999 ... but what skills which would allow us to feel like the dragon is just useless by large B <to me> maybe if 1 the ability to focus more on CC than the injury would be more useful. I am thinking of something ala blinding or ordinary skill Excalibur increase the skill of injury to real use of it was on the battlefield - as only a dream.
To me use this skill to avoid knockdown is just silly <no no offen> because we might as well do it quite plain block weapons - which does not cost us any single energy punkta

Thank you all for expressing their opinion.

Maybe that day will not come but I still I have hope, and I'll be waiting when at last I can play Chrome with the knowledge that every skill is useful and can be used without any disappointments.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS GREAT DE WARFRAME I JUST LOVE IT AND I LOOK foward TO SEE HIM LIKE I IMAGINE :)

and fell look like this guy http://7-themes.com/data_images/out/54/6956342-fire-dragon-wallpaper-14772.jpg

Edited by Demlier

I agree with the Spectral Scream range issue and Effiy energy drain issue, but I've gone to level 160+ with Chroma and he still does just fine surviving; had to leave the Survial (was a solo) because enemies became so tanky even multiple Crimson Dervish finishers weren't doing anything. Tankiest mofo out there, but QoL changes to his #1 and #4 would be nice.

Chroma's 2nd ability, as mentioned before, is about buffs.  I actually love using the Lightning and Ice builds, myself.  Both cases I have him stacked for Armor (Steel Fiber and Armored Agility).  I don't remember the exact number, but I think his base armor (before powers) is like 700+.

Cryo - I use this constantly, particularly when I notice my shields are half-or-lower.  With this on, I can hit Vex Armor when I know I'm going to throw myself under heavy fire, and my Chroma can take a significant beating on my health (which I don't have any mods for, so it's only at the base 300(?)).  With 400%+ boost to armor before my shields drop, I get enough time to get to cover and let my sheilds rebuild.  It's saved my life on numerous occasions.

Lightning - Hitting this when jumping into mobs is a life-saver.  If you're taking significant hits, powered up enough, this can take out a lot of low-to-mid-level enemies without you having to even find them.  Does just as well on Infested as on Corpus, especially if you're being swarmed.  Less so on Grineer, but still midly effective.  Also a great way to nail those fliers (i.e. ospreys). Let the Corpus do a little damage to you, and the discharge can easily take out those hard-to-hit buggars.

Effigy - Like Stoybot, I use it for the blind, or even for just a few seconds worth of damage/knockback - particularly when being mobbed by Infested.  I can run into a group, hit Effigy, and just start tearing up enemies while they are momentarily stunned.  I then turn it off before the energy drain is too heavy, but in that time the sentinel has given me enough breathing room to take out any stray enemies.  I also have gotten into the habit of sliding when turning it off so that I'm not vulnerable during casting animation.

I should probably mention I Forma-d him for Energy Siphon, so my energy for spamming Elemental Ward refills decently well....

Im not saying he's not op im just want to say :do u have sometimes feeling that something  it's allmoust perfect and u can't stand  this almoust? yea i have the same here DE gave us such AWESOME REKT warframe but well :P i would feel better when i would know each one skill is useful and no only 2,3 ,4 and the1 st one is just junk abillity to show the animation-yea it's looks like this in my eyes < no sure the enemy will be panic or get shock or slowed etc> dmg is totality underpowered . Even old  good friend rihno when build max strength 1st skil can be used for just blow up enemy into cosmic space . excalibur 1st skill is perfect after remake- it's allways usefull even if enemy are great level 1st skill still is great - dealing really good dmg and even if not kiling enemy it's knocking him down . Even if hydroid don have great damage from his 1st <it's still bigger from chroma> he still granting great CC on the battlefield and here- poor chroma damage hmmm how to say - jUST SUCKS . and status chance - we can't be sure the enemy will get stuned anyway Even my dread with 125% crit dont shooting critical in every shoot so just well... crap . And using this ability to just prevent knock down well it's like YEY im gonna get knockdowned - let's breath fire or ice for 0.5 sec YEY . hen i can just say - get exilus adapter and get in this handspring mod-dont cost energy , gettting conclave rating and also looks cool. If dont just get of your melee and pres PMB. And 4 skill? He is great im not complaining about it great animation great possibilities - but this energy -.- if u want to see in real life how the chroma consumes energy just go to the bathroom get glass fill it with water and then just try to slowly delay her out of the water.  He still has the potential to become an ideal warframe just like rihno or excal. <i thinking so>

Edited by Demlier

And i think it's not only range issue to be honest 1st skill for me is just TOTAL USELESS PIECE of...... reat animation-that looks great cool sound and here we get dissapointed the damage is worse than griner 10 level :P and i have been trying to use this like CC tool on t4 def - 10 wave and what to say...using this abillity is like saying bye bye shields and a bit of HP nothing more and ult? he's great i dont say he need BIG change just this damn energy drain.... why he can't just drain same energy like excal with simple streamline mod...i have in chroma fleeting expertise-and what? still draining energy x2 faster than excal with simply steamline :P Im just wonder why if he is such great damage/tank warframe why he's 1skil need to be total useless - most of warframes can use them almoust everytime cuz it's usefull MAG,excal,rihno ember,equinox, even hydroid who<as many people thinking -needs rework> i can say more and more:ash-really great damage if we take look on bleeding  valkyr EVEN nekros, frost-great for CC enemy total kicked out from fight loki-distraction volt oberon-2 enemies hitted by it just fighting vs themselfs limbo-dont need to say anything nova-just check the damage when this little thing touch enemies...and nyx im not saying he need TOTAL REWORK O.o - Nope -.- just simple little more love for his 1st skill and ulti nothing more :) I hope some of u will agree with it

Everyone knows Spectral Scream is a bad ability.

An un-potato'd basic Braton can do more damage in a couple of bullets than Scream could ever dream of hitting.

The fix is easy too.

Make it a FUS-RO-DA style shout.

Chroma screeches, enemies are proc'd with whatever element he has, then enemies in front of him get ragdoll'd a few meters away.

Voila!

A simple easy fix that keeps the theme and is now useful.

Everyone knows Spectral Scream is a bad ability.

An un-potato'd basic Braton can do more damage in a couple of bullets than Scream could ever dream of hitting.

The fix is easy too.

Make it a FUS-RO-DA style shout.

Chroma screeches, enemies are proc'd with whatever element he has, then enemies in front of him get ragdoll'd a few meters away.

Voila!

A simple easy fix that keeps the theme and is now useful.

Yeah, that would make him pretty awesome.  I find CHroma boring actually.  Not bad, but boring.  His 1 ability renders him just a slow moving target.  I use ice for the slow effect, but yeah, its more placebo then any real worthwhile effect. 

His 2 and 3, I dont exactly even understand, and ive read the wiki.  THey increase his armor, but I try to not lose shielding, if I do, i jump and hide to get shields back.  

And lol, Fus-Ro-Da would work great, fits right into the 3 rank system WF abilities get.  Rank 0, 1, 2 and 3.  Where rank 1, I guess it does like it does now, then 1, you get Fus, 2, Ro, 3, Da, and at 3, it basically does alot of damage.  Would love it.

Yeah, that would make him pretty awesome.  I find CHroma boring actually.  Not bad, but boring.  His 1 ability renders him just a slow moving target.  I use ice for the slow effect, but yeah, its more placebo then any real worthwhile effect. 

His 2 and 3, I dont exactly even understand, and ive read the wiki.  THey increase his armor, but I try to not lose shielding, if I do, i jump and hide to get shields back.  

And lol, Fus-Ro-Da would work great, fits right into the 3 rank system WF abilities get.  Rank 0, 1, 2 and 3.  Where rank 1, I guess it does like it does now, then 1, you get Fus, 2, Ro, 3, Da, and at 3, it basically does alot of damage.  Would love it.

Edited by Demlier

YEA this would be relly great :

And lol, Fus-Ro-Da would work great, fits right into the 3 rank system WF abilities get.  Rank 0, 1, 2 and 3.  Where rank 1, I guess it does like it does now, then 1, you get Fus, 2, Ro, 3, Da, and at 3, it basically does alot of damage. 

whole this thing i think it's really great idea we would get useful abillity that can be used as CC on lower levels and when it's 3 we get good damage dealing skill.

1st skill - deny enemy CC to you if you time it right (deny scorpion hooks, grineer heavy ground slams) and a good CC tool as well due to its high status chance (from experience)

2nd skill - not used for damage, but for its buffs to the party, most noticeable with fire and ice. Personally run a low duration, high str build for fire, gives on-demand healing, but slightly unreliable. Also run a high duration ice build, stack with 3rd skill.

4th skill - more CC here

If energy is a problem (eating 5 energy orbs in 2 seconds), remove carrier/prime

I was wondering about his #2.  I like his electrical thing, gives back shielding.  I do also like the damage reflection. 

I was wondering how  the heck to even use this toon.  I like Chroma, he seems like hes a semi sorta tank type.  But lacks any clear cut, amazing abilities.  He seems like the Shaman in Everquest, kinda a middle ground, support style toon, with decent offense.  

Ive got alot of those vault cards to reduce my duration..but I also want longer duration for that electrical thing, as well as Ice ability improving armor. 

Im really conflicted with Chroma, how to play him, use his skills and the like.

Chroma needs two changes :

Vex Armor's Fury buff needs to add at least some power strength to the damage of Spectral Ward and Spectral Scream.  Both of those abilities are kind of useless.

Spectral Ward needs to be recastable.  Trying to use this ability in close combat is a major pain.

That's all.  You can tune the amount of damage Fury gives to Scream and Ward to balance things.

Effigy drain needs to go down a tad, but my biggest issue right now is that the damn Effigy does not fly back to where I casted it when it gets knocked away by a ring of fire or a slap from an ancient etc.

hate having to recast it just to get it back in the right position ><

Chroma needs two changes :

Vex Armor's Fury buff needs to add at least some power strength to the damage of Spectral Ward and Spectral Scream.  Both of those abilities are kind of useless.

Spectral Ward needs to be recastable.  Trying to use this ability in close combat is a major pain.

That's all.  You can tune the amount of damage Fury gives to Scream and Ward to balance things.

Love the idea of VA Fury adding damage to spectral scream and perhaps spectral ward, that seriously needs to happen.

On the second thing, spectral ward being recastable would be a bit OP with Fire seeing as fire basically is cheap fast healing (which is why I use fire the most) it would be really easy to heal yourself fully relatively cheaply fast.

Know that feeling zonedymo :P and well brainwright imagine being in fight u just get hit and  your shields are down enemy are shooting to u - i dont think if u wan tto survive u want to become slow moving no blocking low range target - and btw even if it would buff the 1st skill anyways the damage would be sucks ^^

Know that feeling zonedymo :P and well brainwright imagine being in fight u just get hit and  your shields are down enemy are shooting to u - i dont think if u wan tto survive u want to become slow moving no blocking low range target - and btw even if it would buff the 1st skill anyways the damage would be sucks ^^

Yah, the point is to let Fury buff Spectral Scream enough to make it viable.

Love the idea of VA Fury adding damage to spectral scream and perhaps spectral ward, that seriously needs to happen.

On the second thing, spectral ward being recastable would be a bit OP with Fire seeing as fire basically is cheap fast healing (which is why I use fire the most) it would be really easy to heal yourself fully relatively cheaply fast.

At 175% efficiency, Spectral Ward costs 12.5 energy.  However, that will only recover 370 health, with a delay of a few seconds. Add Blind Rage to that, and you get 580 health for 32.5 energy.  Not a very great return. 

I can top that just with life steal and a tonbo for a flat fee of 12 energy, no efficiency mods required.

That degree of health regen is almost neglible from a gameplay standpoint.  Team Health Restores far outstrip it.

Not only that, but as mentioned above, it's clunky.  Letting Spectral Ward be recastable lets you pop it before running into a group of enemies, not while you're right in the middle of them.  It doesn't make you invincible, it just lets you engage at will. 

Not that Spectral Ward is really all that great at keeping you alive.  Only the Ice version gets anywhere close.