The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not At All Hyped For The Brawler Frame (My Opinion)

XtheMATTx

First of all he is Fugly. He looks like the headless horseman got himself fused with a piece of bacon.

Second: I can already foresee that there is nothing original they can do with this frame. There is already a brawler type skill that valkyr has. 

So unless his fists shoot balls of energy out of em this frame will be comeplete mastery fodder for me.

Third: This frame just doesnt feel like it belongs in the world of warframe. It just feels like it will feel out of place. 

So that is just my opinion, If i had it my way i would have DE scrap this brawler frame and take more time to make another more original frame, rather than rush a Fugly bacon-monster.

Yet limbo, a jester, a pirate, a cowboy, a cat, and a goat all belong in the game too. Also Valkyr is a berserker, not a brawler. There is a difference. Brawlers are meant to exclusively use their fists, so his powers are probably going to be fighting stances. Berserkers are like barbarians and are built around rage modes and intimidation. Brawlers are based around martial arts.

You can have an opinion. But try to base I around actual experience whether it be actual time playing, or watching it in action. Before you go making baseless judgments.

You are a little strange (my opinion).  Most people who aren't interested in something spend their time checking out things that they ARE interested in/excited about, yet you've commented on all of the Brawler frame topics...Do you just really have something against this Bacon man that you have no idea about besides the fact that he looks delicious??

First of all he is Fugly. He looks like the headless horseman got himself fused with a piece of bacon.

Second: I can already foresee that there is nothing original they can do with this frame. There is already a brawler type skill that valkyr has. 

So unless his fists shoot balls of energy out of em this frame will be comeplete mastery fodder for me.

Third: This frame just doesnt feel like it belongs in the world of warframe. It just feels like it will feel out of place. 

So that is just my opinion, If i had it my way i would have DE scrap this brawler frame and take more time to make another more original frame, rather than rush a Fugly bacon-monster.

They've changed the Upper Body and the Head, You would know if you watched the devstream before creating this thread

"All I've seen is a single piece of concept art. Whatever, whole frame is terrible."

We don't even know if that's how the final art will look, could still see a lot of changes. 

The only thing we know about his abilities is that the first one will have "a unique mechanic" according to Scott, that the frame is a brawler, and that they don't want to do something incredibly complicated this time like Chroma/Equinox, which was, again according to Scott "brain breaking" to program. 

Why hate over that already? I don't understand. I feel like we hardly even know enough to speculate, much less form an informed opinion on the new frame. 

I wouldn't say I am hyped, but I am intrigued, and curious to know more. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I think you've learned as much about it as any of us has. Which is very little outside of 'he's a brawler,' and 'his skills have synergy.' At this point it's so early in development it's officially a

Schrödinger's cat in regards to wether it's good or bad.

Sorry, I don't really watch many devstreams or keep up with warframe news, but do we typically get a lot more info on a frame before it is released? 

I really hope DE decides to put in a melee counter ability for the frame that can't be dispelled by Stalker. So if he tries to slash dash you and you cast the ability, you counter the attack and Bruce Lee kick him across the battle field, possibly injuring any enemies in the way. Heck, it would be great if it works on all melee attacks for both enemies and bosses/assassins and probably have different moves used depending on how you are attacked.

E.G.

- Pounce from Manic, leaper, explosive infested = Judo throw with damage equal to how far from the ground he is thrown.

- Hammer swing from a certain invulnerable boss = dodges the hammer, does a few punches to mid section, then jumps up and rips out a tube batman style.

-Enemies tries to reel you in with a grapple line = you catch the line then pull the enemy towards you (if smaller than Ancient)for a haymaker or you swing them around like a ball and chain, hitting all foes in range (if Ancient size).

In fact, I can already see a counter for both melee attacks and ranged attacks as a skill, imagine throwing miter blades back at enemies after catching them? Possibly summoning a mini energy shield with chi and reflecting a beam weapon at either the enemy or at close enemies within reflection range? Or (my favorite), catching the Halikar of a Drahk Master and forcing him to have to go and pick it up!

God I hope the fist energy shooty thing happens. PLEASE DE ; o;~as for the rest of that I will go withhh this------v

Yet limbo, a jester, a pirate, a cowboy, a cat, and a goat all belong in the game too. Also Valkyr is a berserker, not a brawler. There is a difference. Brawlers are meant to exclusively use their fists, so his powers are probably going to be fighting stances. Berserkers are like barbarians and are built around rage modes and intimidation. Brawlers are based around martial arts.

You can have an opinion. But try to base I around actual experience whether it be actual time playing, or watching it in action. Before you go making baseless judgments.

And raise you this ----v

"All I've seen is a single piece of concept art. Whatever, whole frame is terrible."