Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Was The Last Time A New Frame Became Your Main Frame?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

My starter frame was Excalibro, but I always wanted a Loki (I started 7 months ago). So when I got a Loki, I have loved him ever since, until now he has my highest playtime. But with the recent Excalibro rework, Excalibro is coming to the point where he can beat my Loki with highest playtime.

But as of now I am making Mirage and the Quanta Cubes of Death my main. It's just so fun to use. I have used many different frames and nothing can beat Loki/Excalibro. Those frames are just good for most of the game types.

Not talking about frames' efficency on the field, I'm talking about the frame you enjoy the most and come back to when you don't have particular tasks to be achieved that would require a different frame.

Rhino Prime pretty much is my main right now, although I also use Mag Prime a lot.  That may just be because they are the highest powered ones I have.  Rhino Prime has been Forma'd twice and Mag Prime Forma'd once and Potatoe'd.

Specifically the new frame?

Mesa.

Before that Limbo, but I ended up exasperated with how clunky I find him to control.

Before that nothing, back to U13 (Hydroid) which is when I started seriously playing.

Edit:

I'm assuming the question doesn't include Primes.

Edited by Chroia

From the beginning of time. It goes. Excavlier(the description was "well balanced" so it was just for me), Rhino("tank" class so i loved the idea and name), Frost(reminded me of my class from an old mmorpg with his ice spike), Loki(needed something to solo the rest of the solar system),10 month hatius, Hydroid(I discovered Ale Storm and had a huge pirate addiction Hydroid was released within the week of my return), 6 month hatius, Limbo(its fun, and different) and im currently running Rhino Prime cus the homie has a wind-up key in his back.

Excal #1 and always will be, but now they've turned him into another rhino with EB so he's parked for now.

Banshee #2 always loved her and how many melee finishers I can pull off with popping her silence consecutively which isn't much but its super challenging.

#3 just goes to Necros, while other spams his 3 and 4, I figured out how to last longer than many just using his 1 and 2.

#4 would have to be Saryn strictly for infested and nothing else.

# 5 would be  slova for all the noobs that I come across daily who has no clue what teamplay or synergy is.

honorable mentions are loki, for spy missions, rhino for roar's team buff and protection, mag just because I can, and Equinox because of the ultimate lazy mode.

Ember is still my most used at 17%

I cleared the whole solar map with her as soon as I got her back in January of '13.

I don't play her much since, and Ember Prime is more of a "main" if we consider such things, but I play any frame I need to in groups/raids, and just level everything to 30 like everybody else and let them sit. I think the only frame I used Exlius on was Trinity, and the only one I forma'd was Excal (for the Aura, back when people complained about Radial Javelin and I was still just using Radial Blind).

Whoops.

I still "identify" most with Ember/Rhino/Excal from the old days, but I actually really like Mirage and Zephyr after playing them a bit. I dunno. I enjoy certain things about each one I've built and played, but if I had to only keep one that I love the most, it would be Ember.

/e: I actually also really feel "Volt" could've been my main, and Mag Prime (which I built about 1 year after Mag, but claimed first, due to lack of warframe slots at the time and whatnot)

Edited by Volume