Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Once The Game Gets Out Of Beta

crimsonspartan1

Question

i have a few questions which i would like to be answered about when the game gets out of beta and when the full version is released:

1.) progress: what will happen to all the progress we made? will we have to restart from the very beginning again when the full version is released?

2.) will there still be hotfixes? (i know there will be updates because everyone likes new stuff once in a while)

3.) this may seem alittle stupid but will you actually have to pay for the full version of the game?

17 answers to this question

This game will come out of beta long after the apocalypse has arrived and we are all dead. Then it might be out of beta or might be another few decades in beta

meh good enough explaination XD (about when the game gets out of beta that is)

Edited by crimsonspartan1

1. As far as I know, they've said they won't reset progress once Warframe comes out of Beta.

2. Most likely

3. I doubt they would change from free to play, to pay to play. They would lose quite a few players if they did that.

thanks for the info, the other explainations where good but not really much detail :P

i have a few questions which i would like to be answered about when the game gets out of beta and when the full version is released:

1.) progress: what will happen to all the progress we made? will we have to restart from the very beginning again when the full version is released?

2.) will there still be hotfixes? (i know there will be updates because everyone likes new stuff once in a while)

3.) this may seem alittle stupid but will you actually have to pay for the full version of the game?

1. Restarts only happen if it's CBT and ABT (closed/alpha beta testing) this is OBT(Open beta testing).

2. There should be, they did say they'll continue to update the game even on release. 

3. This game will be F2P always. 

Edited by Vesiga

As the Internet has facilitated rapid and inexpensive distribution of software, companies have begun to take a looser approach to use of the word "beta". There have been articles talking about the recent phenomenon of a beta version often staying for years and being used as if it were in production level, disparagingly called "perpetual beta". This article have noted that Gmail and Google News, for example, had been in beta for a long period of time and were not expected to drop the beta status despite the fact that they were widely used; however, Google News did leave beta, followed by Google Apps, including Gmail. The purpose of this technique is to allow a developer to delay offering full support and responsibility for remaining issues. In the context of Web 2.0, people even talk of perpetual betas to signify that some software is meant to stay in beta state. Also, "beta" is sometimes used to indicate something more like a release candidate, or as a form of time-limited demo, or marketing technique.

So to sum it up, most likely this is why DE and other game companies will stay in Beta for some undefined time. Is a smart loop hole that the game industries uses to develop games and still maintain revenue for that development work, marketing, with out the legal headaches of a release product.

Edited: Horrible grammar mistakes >,<

Edited by 0zryel

Honestly I think we need a new term for warframe , beta doesn't really apply.

Warframe seems to be a living game , not a beta.

It grows and expands constantly ,

I enjoy the fact that there will always be more frames / weapons an goodies added.

The game as it is ... So much more then a complete 70$ new title that you'll beat in a couple weeks and never play again ,

As long as DE keeps doing what they are there is no end in sight for warframe.

So let's see if we can find a better term them "beta" when we're talking about warframe.

1) DE has no plans to reset any of our progress. They understand that doing so would likely mean a death of their community, I believe.

2) Maybe, probably. It likely won't change much than what it is right now, just not huge things like Parkour 2.0 every other month.

3) I doubt it. It's a F2P game marketed as F2P with no vocalized intention to change that.

Moved to Players Helping Players.

1) While DE will not wipe your progress. The resulting explosion of our Sun will have wiped out all life and signs of existance, resulting in the loss of your progress, as the planet that the servers holding your player data is located on, is obliterated.

2) As there will be no more DE or planet populated with persons capable of programming code left, it is unlikely there will be further bug fix patches at that time.

3) No, the game is free to play. If you had to pay, it wouldn't be free any more.