August 28Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,004 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am excited for the Umbra Excal. yes, i do play Excal on a regular, but this idea pave the way for more Umbra like frames in the future. Having said this, you guys shouldn't consider them as primes 2.0. the argument of their being a release of Excal prime was always brushed over and thrown to the side, they made it clear their will be none! This is a different line of clothing so to speak and i for one am looking forward to the rest of this awesome collection. plus give it a shot for lotus sake.

In other business, the Kubrows and the up coming Kavats, (don't slaughter my spelling lol). I do thing diversity to them would be excellent.

Volt, I don't know i said speed cause i think its just blllaaaah, maybe it needs something more, a bit more flare, a damage proc when used, the idea of you just running and ripping up the ground as you go or anyone in your way takes damage while you mow them down. All thoughts.

@Pets and stuff

-Why are there still!!!!! skill mods for those?

-Why is the AI so horrorible

-Pets parkour please

-Command quick menu ???? (console holding it back right...)

-You got the data, fix the most unused pets...

Edited by VoidNomade

This comment is going to be about our companions.

I like the companions, but once i have each one leveled it all goes back the same 1 or 2 kubrow/sentinels and very rarely deviates. I like the Chesa kubrow mainly for his disarm ability as the loot retrieval ability is really weak compared to vacuum.

Loot Retrieval-

Takes a long time as it has to leave to collect it then bring it back.

Kubrow is vulnerable during this time, as it often leaves the players immediate area in order to collect.

Only grabs a small amount.

Vs.

Vacuum-

Carrier is always close.

Collects basically everything within a certain range quickly, and all player needs to do is move closer if loot is a bit out of reach.

Grabs everything that the player can collect.

This and the fact that kubrows in general can often get there navigation/pathing messed up or stunned.

Personally i like the Kubrows more, i feel more 'attached' to them than the sentinels. But the sentinels have a major edge over them as far as utility and survivability are concerned.

Kubrows also seem to take a long time to decide on their next action, eg. just killed a trooper should i head back, attack the trooper right next to me or start heading back and then change my mind, unfortunately it often seems to be the latter. And since that last choice often requires the kubrow to get into the thick of combat, the kubrow will more often than not require a greater level of assistance from the player especially if in higher difficulties.

Honestly i would like if the companions had the ability to use some of other sentinels skills, but that the companions designed for specific abilities are better at it. For example, Carrier equipped with helios scan ability, but it would only be at 75% efficiency or Helios equipped with vacuum that would again be at a lower efficiency. Kubrows could be much the same, they are animals and supposedly highly intelligent ones surely they can be trained to utilise other skills?

Anyway thats my opinion. My main issue is that while i would like to play with different companions, due to a specific ability it is almost always carrier due to practicality instead of the kubrow that i like better.

Umbra Expectations
None. New Cosmetics skins are great way to build revenue and allow players to customize their favorite frames.

Warframe Social
More social interaction will always go a long way in a Multiplayer games. It provides diverse entertainment and allows different play styles the opportunity to engage/interact with one another.

Chesa and other Companions
Companions should provide a specific role that can not be produced by the Tenno. In real world examples K9 units have canines because of the specialized nose they provide. The Carrier is most used because of its ability to help the Tenno by "Back Packing" Loot for them. Other Companions should provide unique set of abilities like buffing protection or scaling damage, maybe allowing a Mass Crowd Control or such. Something specialized that would fill a need like the real world K9. If there is no need then you end up with companions like the deathcube/shade/Djinn/wyrm all of which do little other than mediocre damage which Tenno already rely on powers and weapons for. 

Volt
Needs A Complete overhaul. Offers nothing unique enough to be a viable asset in a part for missions. Also is not a strong enough frame to really solo past low-mid tier content

Edited by arsala

If umbra versions of "prime frames" are coming out, this is pisswash because primes are supposed to be the best and umbra's would either be 1: useless or 2: invalidate primes.

Interaction could be cool, but most of this game is stiff and clunky. Some side-nerfs like no waypoints/pads/gear menu during melee for example, fighting gear/extract-battle menus on large displays 2560x1440 with a hiding/dissapearing tiny mouse cursor... euugh.

This game is missing "in-game" lore, most of the lore is outside the game. Currently the game lives solely off repetition + upgrades. There is no fluidity, no immersion. Many nerfs and accidental (or intentional?) side nerfs are degrading this game slowly (dont think its intentional but none-the-less its been happening) Once players realize the game is only repitition it loses a lot of its initial value and wow factor.

For a long freaking time I've made threads about kubrows having micro-vortex collars that work like carrier... but nooo, now we get chipmunk kubrow - as devs noted is inferior to carrier. My kubrows are in deep freeze since hitting rank30 which is a shame because they're cool, but lack function (aka vacuum) and the stabilizers are a joke. I accidentally bought the kubrow segment not realizing it was a dojo craft (which I funded after market buying it... sigh... because NO INFORMATION is ever given on where our reinforcements actually lie (dojo vs market)) Individually all companions have their function, but vacuum is kind of necessary if you don't want to "miss loot" that can't "normally" or efficiently be grabbed.

My opinion on volts abilities? shield could last longer and volt/ember/frost/saryn should have passive % immunities to their respective elements 70% (frost shield shouldn't be reduced by cold, and he shouldn't be frozen by stuff) ember should have high resistance to flames/fire 70%, volt could gain a buff from electric attacks (since he's a conductor), saryn should have 70% psn dmg reduc considering SHE CARRIES it in herself =/ DE logic makes me miserable? I still like warframe but its got some iffyness that isn't tended to. Foundry rush times, market bundles with content already owned, Dev's asking for feedback on an issue that has problems (waypoints/pads/gear/mission progress not working during melee OR sprint -some were fixed, half arent- all used to work pre-u17)... and no response since then.

Some big kudos to DE finally allowing paid skins on primes and syndicate weapons. Kudos to new content! Nerfs are lame oh and Sunika prime better be more agressive and intelligent than all these "wandering" companion kubrows when it comes to purpose and function- if that was a prime Orokin-era attack dog it probably would have been put down for not performing to par with expected standards. Even sentinels "face" enemies and just sit there while your getting shot sometimes and I'm like... c'mon buddy, I know I potatoed and formaed you 7x to kill all these enemies with me.

None of the things I mentioned would break the game, but rather improve it. DE seems to be lacking in the "QoL" department, considering they called Hydroid nerf a QoL fix... sickening! FOR REAL. There's SO MUCH that could be imrpoved making this game way better but things keep getting nerfed or ignored instead of given life and meeting functional "real" game flow and improvement. We keep getting new content instead of care and refining current features and functions that exist (NOT BALANCE bologna which is more like castration)

There are things DE does good, and there are things DE does not do good. Reddit > forums I see more constructive and less game destructive posts on reddit than these forums.

Edited by Edgarhighman

Just a comment on companions. With the new Diriga sentinel out, I want to keep using permanently but without having to sacrifice Carrier's vacuum.

Maybe a suggestion: Make Vacuum available for all sentinels to equip BUT make Carrier have a longer radius for item pickups just so that it will not lose its luster. OR make all sentinels have an innate vacuum with a range (for example) 3m away. However, Carriers Vacuum mod, adds+7 range. or something like that. :)

Also I think Wyrm and Djinn have to be reworked a bit. They are lacking compared to what Diriga can bring to the table.

For Kubrows, like most people are saying, they should be polished in terms of pathing. Or add a feature wherin the player can set if they should stay near the owner and defend, go far and hunt or, defend allies instead of me. etc.

How about adding questions on the next hot topics about power creep with weapons, the multishot nerf, the necessity of fixing heavy caliber's negative effects to work properly and the possibility of primed chamber ever returning.

The multishot nerf will most probably be on the next CHT.

Warframe Social

It's nice to see that you took the topic with a lot of thought put into it and only mentioned an extremely minor thing to the first part of it, and most people won't read the thread and look at all the things in their, the biggest one being the updated recruiting for clans and missions, where you can use it to search regular, voids or special missions that people are hosting/running.

also what Fifeld suggested with friends 2.0 is an excellent augment for this and would massively help out with the, quite frankly, lacking social interaction that we have.

This^

(Yes it is shameless self promotion :u)

"Would you rather companions have diverse abilities or share similar, but valuable, abilities?" 

A. I prefer diversity.

B. I prefer dull, grey sameness.

C. Other

D. I have no opinions, but love taking opinon polls.

Is at the same time a vague question and a loaded question. Please re-word the question to better communicate what sort of changes the players are actually voting on and ask again.

What we are really voting on is: " Would you rather leave companions as they are or ________" 

Fill in the blank:

A. make chesa a viable alternative to carrier. 

B. mix and match companion abilities so you can make the perfect companion.

C. give all companions/warframes vacuum so people can use companions other than carrier without a huge quality of life penalty

Which? I'm not sure, because, again, the question was vague.

However, I am absolutely certain in seeing that "diversity" is winning the poll, that players voting on the companion part of the poll do not understand that "similar but valuable" means (according to references) an improved chesa, or mix and match companion abilities, or essentially "vacuum for all!" With the question as written, I am not surprised when asked: "Would you like diversity in your companions or dull, grey sameness?" people picked diversity.  There are many other ways the question could have been asked that would have better conveyed the intent. The question could ask: "Do you want your kubrow and sentinel abilities limited by breed/type, or would you like to mix and match their abilities to get the perfect companion?" I imagine "perfect companion," i.e. "similar but valuable" would be winning the poll. Or if specifically about chesa vs carrier, "Would you like chesa to remain woefully inadequate compared to carrier because it creates diversity?" The overwhelming answer would be "no." i.e. "please fix chesa, it's rubbish."  And I'm guessing heaps of people didn't even bother reading the entirety of the reference threads before voting to know this is what the question was really asking because of the all too common "TL;DR." Not to mention being unsure of which, diversity, or similarity, most closely/properly describes their feelings on the topic. This question was written like one of those standardized test questions that's meant to make you agonize over: Of these answers that have been purposely formulated so they could not possibly accurately communicate your feelings on this matter which is the least inaccurate? (Choose carefully, the wrong answer will flag you in the system as a pedophile.) "Ummm... I guess... "A." .... maybe... probably, No, it's "B." I'm sure of it!... wait..."  So I declare the findings of that part of the poll invalid... apparently, I also declare myself a judge with jurisdiction over this matter.

If it's specifically about whether or not buffing chesa's looting ability would make it and carrier too similar, every other kubrow has essentially been a buffed version of the sentinel it competes with. It lost some of the any-sentinel utility abilites like guardian and formerly sanctuary (not anymore) in favor of much better durability and better use of the specialty like cloaking, huras-vs-shade, crowd controlling, raksa-vs-wyrm, shielding, raksa-vs-guardian (or essentially raksa vs guardian equipped wyrm). Chesa, which competes with carrier, is CRAP at looting. And I'm sure if the question was specifically "Is it okay to leave chesa as-is because its poor excuse for looting creates diversity?" You would not be getting "diversity" as the majority vote in the poll.

There are ways to make chesa's looting unique to it without being so woefully inadequate compared to carrier. It could howl and then greedy pull all the loot in the area onto itself, doggily shake it off onto the floor and pant adorably while marking the spot it made a loot pile for you on the mini-map. It could do as just described but direct deposit all the loot into inventory. The difference between the two being chesa's adorable animation, better durability and mobility, plus periodic looting of a massive area vs carrier's constant looting of a smaller area.

Chesa could also simply eat all the loot it comes across and direct deposit to inventory. I suggest: little tendril robot arms going from the collar to near the mouth, any item the kubrow tries to bite, these tendrils zap into inventory. These tendrils could have a little electric looking zap and a flash, potentially based on kubrow armor energy color. Thus chesa uses a little muscle-signal controlled apparatus it has been trained to use for looting. This same mechanism could be what it uses to vanish enemy weapons right out of their hands. (Adorable animation alternative: chesa picks up items then tosses it into the air above/behind it where a tendril pops out of the collar and grabs it. Disarming: chesa wrestles the gun away, does the loot toss, and the tendril vaporizes it. Though these animations need to be quick so as not to terribly slow the looting process) Making the difference between it and carrier that it loots more slowly but does so over a potentially much greater distance, provided it has a large loot detection radius, (this could be based on player's current location, not kubrow location so it doesn't wander waaaay off, or based on kubrow location so it thoroughly cleans an area and then when no loot is detected, returns to master, unless loot is detected, then it cleans and reverts to going to master... but this is probably like trying to program an intelligent roomba) and it would have to keep looting even when you are not doing anything. Presently the kubrow seems to stop looting and idle if you stop attacking/moving, leaving heaps of loot uncollected, carrier never sleeps like that, the kubrow shouldn't either. Additionally, we'd have to have the option (precept priority, kubrow commands, something) of making the kubrow prioritize looting over combat or looting and disarming over attacking or disarming above all. At this point, I'm thinking greedy pull chesa would be the least coding intensive/least difficult to get to function properly.

An alternative to all of this, because I think the greater question here regarding carrier/chesa/companions in general is the quality of life improvement that is vacuum. Give carrier the ability to store a reasonable amount of health/energy/ammo that you came across when you didn't need it to give back to you later when you do need it, making carrier an actual carrier, or essentially a health bar/energy bar/ammo pool extender (an extension that only fills as you come across "bonus" of these things, you don't start the mission with it). Alternatively, make carrier the ultimate mutation mod transforming ammo you don't need into what you do and health/energy based on need, i.e..: with low health and full energy, it turns energy orbs into health, with low energy and full health it turns health orbs into energy. Though this may warrant a name change to "Converter" or something. Turn vacuum into a utility precept that any companion can use (perhaps a prime opportunity to introduce the "exilus" slot on companions). When equipped on kubrows/other non sentinels to come, it uses the magic master-collar link to generate the vacuum effect from the warframe's location rather than try to tackle the coding/quality of life issues inherent to a mobile companion possessing the loot collection aura around it wherever it randomly goes rather than looting the area you have control over from warframe positioning. Chesa then retains it's loot kubrow usefulness by eating any loot it comes across beyond your loot collection radius and direct depositing to inventory (this "realistic" fetch thing just won't cut it) and carrier retains usefulness as a carrier of excess health/energy/ammo you came across but didn't need and now do. Additionally, an exilus type vacuum utility mod could be created for warframes so you can choose to put it on the companion or the warframe just like with the warframe vs companion enemy sense, and could potentially stack for an even greater loot collection radius like detection radii stack.

Companion Diversity vs Similarity: I'm not sure if feedback was wanted on this topic if one selected other in the voting, but I felt it was important to give my opinion on this. I feel like this question isn't really a very valid question since it's a bit too simple in terms of what companions we already have in game. There's plenty of diversity in all of the companions and there's also a lot of similarity between them as well. There are a few selections in terms of stealth, direct combat, support, and utility. The Raksa Kubrow and the Wyrm Sentinel both have very similar abilities, but the way they use those abilities is quite different in terms of their utilization. But something like the Chesa Kubrow and the Carrier Sentinel is a little less distinguishable. They both retrieve loot for the player but the Chesa can disarm enemies and the Carrier can restore shields. And why don't all the other sentinels and kubrows have the ability to retrieve loot? Why can the Raksa restore shields but the Sahasa can't? I feel like having strictly unique abilities for each companion isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like an ability such as 'it collects loot' or 'it gives you shields' isn't really much of a power compared to 'it knocks down all these bad guys in an area around the player' or 'it can make you invisible up until you do something to break the invisibility.'

Volt Feedback: Same thing as the Companion topic, only there wasn't a 'I think he's fine the way he is' option. Which is why I'd like to say that Volt is fine as is. I don't think that there's really any reason to change any of his abilities because they're all generally useful in a number of situations, and they for the most part provide enough utility to the team that he doesn't need much else in his kit. Shock isn't amazing in terms of damage, but it has pretty good CC for being a projectile based 25 cost 1 ability, Speed is actually really useful in terms of moving from point a to point b, has a good cost and duration, and gives a very valuable bonus to teammates both offensively and defensively. Electric Shield is great at defending a point and also gives great bonuses to both crit weapons and just weapons in general. Overload is maybe the only power that could possibly be debated, but even then considering that it's an area of effect stun and can even be modded to give overcharged shields it's still a solid power even at the 100 cost it has.

No more double Primes pls. I think for Excalibur having it as an actual frame would be a nice substitute for Excal Prime but for the other frames just let their 'Umbras' be skins. We don't need more warframes with the same powers... or maybe let us switch between the two easily and keep the same mods/stats?

As long as its not lore-breaking like what DE Steve mentions I'm down with more expressions :D

Just let Vacuum be available for all Sentinels! I don't know how long has it been requested... There were many suggestions for a replacement for Vacuum on Carrier even my own https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/503305-carrier-for-all-sentinels-and-idea-for-replacement/

Volt seems fine but I feel that Overload and Electric Shield could use some modifications. Overload is good but not unique and Electric Shield is just plain odd. How about a globe instead like Snow Globe? Maybe make it mobile around Volt? Idk just throwing suggestions out there.

Companions:

Chesa:

The AI pathing is really bad atm. Also many times i see my chesa running non-stop instead of walking leading to it getting stuck or running in circles because it cant make a proper turn around an obstacle.

Then the way the whole pickup mechanic is working is bad. it does exactly what all other companions do with abilities: it activates them.

For chesa that means: it will run past loot ignoring it because the ability is not triggered.

A fix would be that chesa's retrieve is active all the time. if it runs somewhere and there is loot on its way, it automatically picks it up with small vacuum and keeps it in its mouth while also actively looking for loot on the ground in a certain radius. after a certain amount of time passed or a number of items collected it should return to you and not lose the loot on the way back.

That and not getting stuck on every possible occasion would really improve chesa and make it even a competitor for carrier.

EDIT:

I also think that "Neutralize" is not neccessarily fitting chesa, as it takes too long and hinders its ability to collect loot.

Or change it to be like raksa's howl that will then act like a small radial disarm. But it needs to be executed fast, to not hinder the looting.

Edited by CruelMaiden

A great opportunity to reintegrate the customizable ability system, this time with ALL NEW UMBRA ABILITIES. I'm interested in more of the playability of them rather than the Lore ratio 80% : 20% . New ABILITIES = New ways to play Warframe and an actually reason to choose an umbra over my already forma'd unrelentingly powerful frames.

A great opportunity to reintegrate the customizable ability system, this time with ALL NEW UMBRA ABILITIES. I'm interested in more of the playability of them rather than the Lore ratio 80% : 20% . New ABILITIES = New ways to play Warframe and an actually reason to choose an umbra over my already forma'd unrelentingly powerful frames.

Umbra is already better by its stats. But it'd be nice to get more abilities for every warframe so we could replace some abilities we don't like with them, not tie them to umbra/prime edition.

Edited by -Ksaero-

I think Volt needs a tune up rather then a complete rework, I still have slot on my dedicated warframes for him. I have 2 builds but both sort or revolve around speed because I think that is his bread and butter. So as far as the abilities Overload is just completely underwhelming, its uses are situational at best and many times I go several matches without ever thinking I need to use it. 

Umbra: Umbra vs. Prime = what this words mean.
Prime: from translator -> a state or time of greatest strength, vigor, or success in a person's life.
Umbra: from translator -> the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse.
In short: Prime = light side (lotus) ,, Umbra = Dark side (sentients)

-- Not sure if this first step on warframe plot or just my wish

Warframe Social: Hell yea! And more! Give us power to spray pictures in game/dojo like in Valve games (CS,L4D,etc....)

Companions: Only about Kubrows 
                         - With incubator segment we can rush them with credits so i change them how i like.
                         - Kubrows always sit only in incubator. That is extremly sad. Give them live. You know they can walk around, sleep everywhere, Sniffing around, pressing button and then ordis say "bad kubrow" etc.
                         - Why we can't combine kubrows together and their puppies will have chance (based on RNG) to get 3 ability? I don't talk about imprints combination but about: Kubrow ♂ + kubrow ♀ = Puppy. Game is 17+ Mature so there is no problem. If you ask how to make it? Easy deploy them on Earth (like extractor) and after 72 hours timer we can bring them back. Its fair enought because you can't use them when they are on "mission".
- example: huras + sunika = huras kubrow with Hunt ,stalk and unleashed = Rare, with Lutus skin = Ultra rare, With gold + orange = Ludicrous rare

Volt: He only need bigger shield, and area damage 2/3 reduction (blast from bombards rocket, etc). His shield should be curved on 2/5 circle. Only that he can be good variant for defense and alternative to Frost.

What’s next?... : If umbra is new type of warframes make all types purpose.
    Types - Regular WF - They have access Everywhere = No change
              - Prime WF - They have acces on sol system and void, They are bannished from Orokin Derelict 
                Primes have - better stats: energy, shield, slots 
              - Umbra WF - They have acces on sol system and OD, They are bannished from Void
                Umbras have - better abillity: range, time ballance, Little faster animations (max 8-10%)
Why? We have just forma and less forma wf. This give reason have them for they purpose.
 Also i like see more balance grind between OD and void (Recruit channel is now 95% void, 5% OD). Absolute stealth affinity = If you dont use any ability (for block loki/ash "stealth" players) and no one notice, you will gain 500k affity (fair enough for that hard work) on end reward. Make finisher animations for everyone. And on end keep eye on archwing

Chesa and other Companions

Well, I'm one of the people out there that always uses Carrier Prime 99% of the time now, and when I need to do Scans, Hellios pops out, otherwise, nothing else gets used at all.  The new sentinel may actually be good at attacking, so that might be something I would use for higher tier defense missions.

But the main reason why I use Carrier is not simply because I don't like looking around for ammo, but because I do not want to be troubled to go right on top of an item to pick it up, and when you're doing really high level missions that go for a long period of time, you don't exactly have any time or luck to look around to see if there is any ammo for the gun you're using.

About the only way I'll end up stop using carrier would be the following things:

1) Something really significantly better comes along

2) The pickup range is slightly increased

3) Companions get a precept slot (much like the warframes just got with the new quest line), where they can use another companion's ability, but no where near as effective, like only 25% of the range or 25% as effective.at max rank.

Companions. I don't want to equip vacuum on every one of them. Easy fix would be to enlarge the radius for pick ups for frames. Keep vacuum on carrier. If people still want to stupidly and continuously use him then that is their choice.

Volt- I haven't used him a whole lot. Still trying to get primed version to use. As far as my experience I like all of his abilities. His 4th might need a rework. Only people who care about that though are scrubs

Social- option to join a stalker synd as long as you have a built hate despair and dread. Missions would include hunting fellow Tenno. Negative affects could include not being able to participate in gift of the lotus events as well as being locked out of conclave. And when you invade you have to use hate dread and despair. Rewards could be whatever. Maybe building the frame he uses, unique skins for his weapons, and maybe unique skins for all frames.

I have no opinion on chesa. Haven't built one yet. Me and my random kubbies