August 28Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,004 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Umbra Excalibur

Honestly, it depends on what the global build's version looks like. I loved the thought that we'd get a Prime version of Excalibur, but if you remove the bling (including the scarf), then I don't see the point in it (I guess maybe if the stats match China's). Personally, I'd rather see the design look like China's than the stats matching.

Companions

I think the vacuum ability should probably be more innate (Archwing does this anyhow). Carrier's ability would have to change to something else (not just a buff to the innate ability, otherwise people will still use Carrier more than anyone else). Probably something that involves finding items that aren't already on the ground, or possibly opening locked lockers...

Volt

I don't think Volt needs a rework really... Overload could be better (since it's weaker in the recast in the same area), but he's otherwise pretty balanced. Ember is the one who needs more attention.

Volt:

Volt needs Excal overhaul

Make him a true caster so there is no need to use a gun

Maybe make shield interact and make powers stronger?

Or make it an aura similar to how magnetic aura works in guild wars 2 - which could also buff his outgoing power damage

Just my .02 c

For Volt, Shock needs to be able to break enemies out of animation locks.  Fix that, and Shock will be the great CC we've been looking for.

Speed isn't very useful if you're not speedrunning missions or rushing to revive somebody.

Electric Shield is great, but it'd be nice if it would shock enemies that walk through it.  Reflecting enemy fire, instead of just blocking it, would be a great buff to its usability.  Right now, Napalms, Bombards, and similar enemies aren't really affected at all by the shield, which is a huge problem for Volt's survivability.

Overload needs a complete overhaul.  I don't know how it could be made useful in its current form.  The damage is poor, and it's not helped by the fact that it's electric.  The CC is unreliable since it's just a standard Electric proc, which doesn't stun robots and can't break animation locks.  On top of all this, its maximum power can only be used once per area.  A decent Band-Aid fix would be to let Overload break Electric Shields for huge damage, but that takes too much time to set up and too much energy to be really useful.

In regards to Umbra Warframes, please make them skins, or find a way to let us do an in-place upgrade of our frames.  People have put way too much time, effort, and resources into maxing and Forma'ing Prime Warframes to have them become obsolete if an Umbra comes out with better stats.  Additionally, many people will want the Umbra aesthetics, but will be really pissed off at the fact that they have to build, tater, and Forma a whole new frame.

Edited by Telogor

Would you rather companions have diverse abilities or share similar, but valuable, abilities?

The most obvious is Vacuum. something as usefull as that should not be limited to one companion. 

I do want them to have diverse abilities but Vacuum is too strong to keep for one companion.

"RADICAL NEW INSANE "IDEA: make it an utility mod for frames.

In your opinion, which of Volt’s abilities need a rework? (Can pick more than one)

Speed: needs a little longer duration. (a toggle would be epic for speed runs but might be too much)

Umbra frames unlocked after a substantially high amount of experience has been reached is a great idea. It will never happen because it would be something that would take a lot of time to get and people love to cry about anything that takes longer than a few missions (or days) to obtain, but I'd love it if it did happen as it would clearly show that a player has used that warframe for an extended amount of time. Even if someone farmed in this situation, they at least showed some serious dedication if the required xp is high enough so any player who has unlocked one is a player who means business with that frame.

Please don't make Umbra frames purchasable. Just give us one single major warframe change that needs to be earned like damn, is that really too much for these players to handle?

all warframs should be reworked this helps DE seeling skins ....
excal and frost all abilitys work nice and can use in combo radial javalin is a little out of place but well volt have no interaction like that  ember well acelarate  is kinda cool but the rest of the abiltis have bad scaling and the cc is patectic  saryn welll i love the nuke but i only have one ability using the clone too regen hp s0metimes.
 Oberon well the augment fix something but still not the thing we are talking about  not gone talk about limbo the buf should be for all not only for him self coop game ring some bells.

mesa wtf is that u guys remove  or nerf radial javalin because it was macro and then relese a macro aimbot frame realy only have one ability and other frames need a little more combo with abilitys ouverl all...

Next rework well mission types less played and AI toghether with stealth the ai is dumb ( some one already talk about this and is true sometimes u ragdoll a npc and he takes a proc and instant get up that sux and is stupid downed enenmys should take the time too get up not magical puff up)..

sentinels and dogs kats well vacuum is ability very good and hard too replace so not asking too nerf it but too give it too all should be something too think about other thing im asking is why not remove abilitys from companions like u guys did with frames and make new mods that can fix that vacumm problem ??...
IDEA: all sentinels have 2 abilitys one too dmg other for help so make this mods passives from the sentinels and remove them from drop tables so shade can still clock and give the vacum ability as a new mod too shade or too wyrm and get a new passive ability too carrier something like a close range pull of mag ....  maybe similar too wyrm but u guys have so many options Dogs and Kats do something similar remove abilitys each breed have they only passive abilitys and make new mods that can fix  a few problems like guardian and vacumm also the dogs AI is dumb zomg,

umbras should come from quests with old lore explaining why they kill the orokins what realy happen they are the dark primes for something right ... genocide

Edited by venon23

Chesa and other Companions

More diversity means more replay value, thus increasing the game's lifespan.
In the case of Chesa and Carrier, i'd like them to be something like having the same function, but different tradeoffs. The simpler mechanics would be: Carrier has shorter vacuum range, but quickly picks up items in its vicinity. Chesa on the other hand, has greater range but picks items slowly. Since the players are okay with Carrier as it is, Chesa should be buffed in order to achieve that balance.

What’s next?...

Work towards a new and easier trading UI, seriously. Finding what you're looking for is really hard in the trade chat. Sometimes you resort to the forums or other social media, but in the end it would take quite some time to get what you're looking for. 
I have my own proposal here, but sadly only one player replied (perhaps I could revive it or just make a new thread). 
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/496203-trading-proposal-based-on-availability/#entry5549733

RE: COMPANIONS

Vote:  OTHER

I think a mix of diversity and similarity is ideal.  I think there is a fundamental problem with Sentinels and Kubrow in that they do not offer an innate capability, and a capability they can share.

To use Carrier as an example, Carrier is the most widely used Sentinel because of Vacuum, picking up loot so we don't miss anything.  I think, ideally, Vacuum would be a generic precept (along with Crowd Dispersion, Vaporize, and others) and instead have an innate effect to distinguish it.  The innate effect could level up independently, similar to how Warframe abilities now level up.  To limit Precept use, provide Sentinels and Kubrows with something that operates like an Aura/Stance slot, into which Precepts like Vacuum, Crowd Dispersion, Vaporize et cetera would fit.

Likewise with Kubrows.

Imagine Sentinels that could all equip Vacuum.  Imagine Carrier having an innate Vacuum that didn't require the module, so it could also borrow Crowd Dispersion, or increase its innate Vacuum range by equipping Vacuum.  Or maybe Carrier innately does something else, something new? 

TL;DR Version:  Diversify Companions with innate abilities - not equippable modules - and make the current exclusive modules useful to all like Companions for a new module slot comparable to Aura/Stance, but without the capacity bonus points.

I'm with this.

Imo people would consider using other sentinels and not just carrier prime 99% of the time.

Imagine Shade, Wyrm, Helios, Djinn being able to vacuum loot all the while having their innate abilities such as investigator, ghost, fatal attraction & crowd dispersion. Carrier on the other hand can be given a totally unique skill.

Kubrow skills are pretty fine at the moment with the exception of Sunika & Chesa.

Sunika skills are pretty lackluster and almost everything it does can be done by a Sahasa.

Chesa's disarm is good as it is but it's carry ability is incredibly underwhelming. It's just so bad.

You ever heard of a hypeman? Well im here to be a discourage man about Chesa

I already didn't wabt a retiever because I wanted something different amongst the kubrows and knew how poorly his AI would work on multiple terrain.

Funny enough, it was exactly as I predicted, his AI frequently becoming "lost", inconsistently bringing you things you dibt really want or need (or simply forgetting to give you the goods

Instead of attacking, it seens to try to disarm enemies more then leave them. Yes I played around with the protocols and it oboy really caredonce protocols were removed all together.

What makes Carrier supreme is that his vaccum seems to be innate. It doesnt require an animation. Its an on and off switch: when the ability is on, its on and sucks up goods while still being able to shoot.

It brings you many more items in chunks without fail. With chesa only having the advantage of a larger range which isnt saying much when all it does it break crates and give you money inconsistently.

So yes

I do want kubrow specific traits because it makes you want to use kubrows. Id rather have variation in my life than attempt to recreate a seemingly flawless sentinel.

Some kubrow ideas include:

-resuce dogs. They can either carry health or lick your wounds to give you x health back over time

-Iron jaw. Possibly its howls gives out tiny rhino buffs and has the ability to snap the neck on the most threatening enemy within a give proximity.

-bomb/trap dogs: disarm traps and can dig pit falls that enemies take a while to crawl out of

IMHO =  The Volt is fine the way he is right now. I can be top DPS in T3/4 survival missions with my Volt Prime and at the same time give all my team huge buff for bonus electric damage...

There are more warframes like Necros - who is doomed to just stand and click Desecrate power over and over...AND CANT ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME MOST OF TIME (how it was with frost a while ago with his snowglobe).

Or like Zephyr - with new parkour 2.0 her 1st power seems somewhat useless most times ( when you need ascend verticaly - its better to just use bulletjump now).

Or Valkyr with her pathetic ult - compared to reworked excalibur.

Those frames need a bit of thoughts given... NOT VOLT.

Edited by Messor36

please, we all know the chesa kubrow is a MAJOR disappointment. Kubrows are hated by most of the community and everybody knows that, even the developers themselves. kubrows NEED more attention if they will ever be even close to carrier. kubrows need more utility and development regarding their AI system. they take too long to make that attack and jump on an enemy. retrieve ability is useless nobody waits for the loot to arrive in a fast-paced game like this. people love carrier because it grabs loot ON THE MOVE. 

---- So, my suggestion (this has been mentioned before by someone else so credit goes to him If i remember his name i will post it)  

my suggestion : add a vacuum to ALL Companions and come up with something extra for carrier that doesn't make it extremely more useful to the point where NO other companion is used by at least 90% of the players. maybe add an innate ammo mutation for all weapon types for carrier so when using weapons like amprex or synoid gammacor  people don't have to sacrifice a mod slot for the ammo mutation mod they can just use carrier. 

---- you could add anything extra to carrier not just the ammo mutation. just make the vacuum available for all companions OR AT THE VERY LEAST add it to the chesa kubrow this way people can use their kubrows without having to worry about losing loot.

Umbra - I hope Umbra Excalibur would be a new warframe, not a skin.

They can be a part of great lore, expanding the mainstream story of Warframe. 

For those console users, and non-founders, he will be the only 'Upgraded' Excalibur they can get.

Actually I'm little bit concerned about Umbra-frames because they can be a new RNG grindwall,

a new pay-to-get limited edition, a new gap between oldbies and newbies, a new Umbra Access...and so on.

But yes, in my opinion, from now, the new Excalibur is cool.

p.s I wanna get Umbra profile icons with some plats, too.

Interaction - I'll be glad whatever the update is, If that isn't a new relay-like thing. relays are too heavy and laggy.

Companions - The reason why we use Carrier isn't merely a reason.

Kubrows are relatively feeble and weak in traps, often suicides itself.

SO...if you just wanna attach vacuum-like abilities for others, you must consider carefully.

Volt Re-work - Well, he is good for now but I wish he need some buff on Overload,

Especially casting speed and base damage by returning its immobility and slow-effectiveness.

Edited by Chantepleur

Umbra Excal

I don't think community wants another independant warframe on its own. I'd rather it would be a skin, like Proto and Prisma.

Tho, if he's gonna have that ugly scarf (that is on the chinese Umbra) and it's gonna be undetachable - then i'm not excited.

Warframe Social

Really, it depends on the system itself. However, i honestly think this shouldn't be a priority at all. There are far more important things to do - warframe reworks, sniper weapon reworks, trading system rework, bug fixes and QOL additions.

Companion Diversity

Over 2 years, we've recieved many different companions with different skills. I think, that companions should have some sorts of very useful basic skills (like cloak or vacuum or some radial stun), that are available to every companion. In addition, there should be companion-specific skills, that make a certain companion different from others. This creates a good diversity, one could build around basic skills, specific skills or even a combination of both, regardless of the pet itself.

As of now, only Carrier and Shade are useful to me. Others are pretty much gimmicky and unreliable, honestly.

Volt Rework

Shock - good as it is. It provides damage on low-lvls and decent CC at hi-lvls.

Speed - pretty straight forward, so i don't think it needs anything added to it. A solid team buff.

Shield - it has awesome interactions with certain weapons and provides decent defence. Doesn't need any rework i think.

Overload - this one, on the other hand, is pretty lackluster for what it costs. Just a larger Shock. Overload needs faster casting speed and some sort of good CC, that would be viable at hi-lvl missions, or other useful effect. Maybe draining energy from enemies and restoring team's energy. Either way Volt's ultimate shouldn't be static (no pun intended), but needs to be mobile and useful on the move.

Umbra Excal

I don't think community wants another independant warframe on its own. I'd rather it would be a skin, like Proto and Prisma.

Tho, if he's gonna have that ugly scarf (that is on the chinese Umbra) and it's gonna be undetachable - then i'm not excited.

Warframe Social

Really, it depends on the system itself. However, i honestly think this shouldn't be a priority at all. There are far more important things to do - warframe reworks, sniper weapon reworks, trading system rework, bug fixes and QOL additions.

Companion Diversity

Over 2 years, we've recieved many different companions with different skills. I think, that companions should have some sorts of very useful basic skills (like cloak or vacuum or some radial stun), that are available to every companion. In addition, there should be companion-specific skills, that make a certain companion different from others. This creates a good diversity, one could build around basic skills, specific skills or even a combination of both, regardless of the pet itself.

As of now, only Carrier and Shade are useful to me. Others are pretty much gimmicky and unreliable, honestly.

Volt Rework

Shock - good as it is. It provides damage on low-lvls and decent CC at hi-lvls.

Speed - pretty straight forward, so i don't think it needs anything added to it. A solid team buff.

Shield - it has awesome interactions with certain weapons and provides decent defence. Doesn't need any rework i think.

Overload - this one, on the other hand, is pretty lackluster for what it costs. Just a larger Shock. Overload needs faster casting speed and some sort of good CC, that would be viable at hi-lvl missions, or other useful effect. Maybe draining energy from enemies and restoring team's energy. Either way Volt's ultimate shouldn't be static (no pun intended), but needs to be mobile and useful on the move.

lol did you look at the poll the community definitely wants the Excal umbra frame

If it has a different weapon then the name "Excalibur" is pointless lol

yeah, well if it's the same as Excal and Excal Prime it's also pointless....Primes are just more buffed then the regular Frames...and for Primes to get Umbras, with just another buff is really, really pointless

Why can't we have human, humanoid, or android companions?  Well... you know... like another person or something like a person, instead of animals?

With that in mind, Sentinels are obsolete.   Kubrows are the better choice despite maintenance.

I think Sentinels need to become more useful somehow.

Why can't we have human, humanoid, or android companions?  Well... you know... like another person or something like a person, instead of animals?

With that in mind, Sentinels are obsolete.   Kubrows are the better choice despite maintenance.

I think Sentinels need to become more useful somehow.

sentinels obsolete ? then why is nearly everyone I see using carrier prime ?