Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Opinions On The Upcoming Cavats / Kavats (Catbrows) - De Staff Please Read This For The Sake Of Everyone

_Medo_

1 - No, I think they are ugly

2 - No

3 - No and No

4 - They are the same size like Kubrows, it was already shown in devstreams.

5 - We will see

7 - You nee Kubrow eggs for the too and you need to scan the feral Kavats to get DNA sequences

8 - see 1

Thanks for sharing =) 

7- do you think they will be hard to obtain ? like for example farming the kubrow eggs now ? (which is a complete pain imo) 

You will need a kubrow egg to get them and scans to imprint on the kubrow egg.

That's good... Slaughtering hundreds of wild animals ,just to steal an egg from them seems just wrong ...stomatologically wrong.

But we still have to butcher wild kubrows get their eggs,in order to breed cats?

We desperately need some sort of ePETA

Edited by _Je_Suis_Charlie_

I wont fully answers your questions because my opinion on catbrows is "just why?" i see no reason for them exist, especially when you consider how bad kubrows A.I is.

Wake me up when we get ridable MOA or flying version of desert skate wich we can use to surf in the air.

then you're gonna sleep for a 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

time 

I'm disappointed in a few things... The main one though is very obvious to me - the name.

Seriously? Seriously...? Out of all the names suggested in that massive thread, Kavat stood out the most?

How coincidental it happens to sound like Cat too... Hmm. Originality right there.

Also rather annoyed that they're looking to bring out a new companion yet they still haven't fixed the terrible AI and pathing of Kubrows which will most be likely be the same used for Kavat's. Will they be fixed come U18? Maybe, but they certainly should've been fixed sooner than that. However, I'm expecting yet another drop and then flop move.

Edited by Naith

1- are you excited for them ?

-No.

2- do we know when will they be released ? any expectations if we don't know a specific date ?

-No.

-17.5 or 18.0

3- do you think they will be more useful than kubrows ? more useful than sentinels ? 

-With present content?  No... But I think they are going to invent new hurdles that this new asset manages to help players get past.

4- do you think they will be normal sized small cats or huge beasts like kubrows ?

- Kubrow-ish sized.

5- do you think their genetics / imprinting / breeding will be tough and almost completely RNG dependent like kubrows ? and what is your opinion if their genetic will actually be this way. ---

- Without question, sadly.

- My opinion is that the entire companion category is predatory as hek...

Applying stasis sickness to charge players to gain access to items housed in a slot the player purchased is wrong.

Creating RNG to fur pattern, height, and weight without allowing for modification options to each is wrong.

Placing a credit based disposal process for unwanted results given the reliance on rng.

What's more the last Kubrow type and two of the 3 armor sets introduced are poor. - Bugged skills, tons clipping and poorly fitting items.

Given the current trend, Kavats aren't going to be worth anything but complaints.

6- Also , do you think the genetics will be almost completely hidden from us like kubrow genetics were ? what I mean is will they reveal the genetics completely or let us explore them like we "kinda" did with kubrows ?

- It's part of how DE makes money... Definitely.

7- do you think they will be hard to obtain ? like for example farming the kubrow eggs now ? (which is a complete pain imo) 

- The components will be a minor headache to acquire... But the desired results will be PITA to achieve.

8- what do you think of the designs shown on the devstream ? for me they are "meh" but with different colors and possibly patterns they could looks amazing of course.

- Did not like them... looked like a cross between a snake, cat, and a peacock to me.

I respect that the artist put a lot of work into it and respect his design and intent... That said, I'm a cat person and have no plans to touch this item   at all.

1 - yes

2 - U18 at least

3 - Sentinels die to easy. Kubrows are too aggressive to stealth runs. If I'm right in thinking these guys will be THE stealth companion, they'll be great for Spy and future Stealth-mission updates (looking at you Deception).

4 - Nothing in Warframe is normal sized. I don't expect them to be AS big as kubrows but CERTAINLY not as small as regular kats. I'm thinking slightly bigger than average bobcat sized.

5 - oh yeah, that's just the nature of the pet system.

6 - Not sure what you mean here, but if it's like "why wont they tell us what the things are before they hatch" then I don't think that'll change.

7 - The way the talked about scanning seems like it will be more of a "reach this limit on how many scans you did to be able to breed a Kavat"  - but since we're having to farm Kubrow eggs for them anyway I don't see that mattering to horribly much.

8 - I'm a man who doesn't like tiger stripe kubrows, I can't possible answer this without drawing ire.

That's good... Slaughtering hundreds of wild animals ,just to steal an egg from them seems just wrong ...stomatologically wrong.

But we still have to butcher wild kubrows get their eggs,in order to breed cats?

We desperately need some sort of ePETA

In the future mankind has evolved enough to realize PETA and PETA-like groups are batS#&$ insane terrorists that are better off gone. Corpus and Grineer organize witch-hunts to wipe them out for the good of Origin.

Edited by Morec0

1- Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the Kavat. On one hand, I'm a cat lover, so I'm happy to see a feline version of the Kubrows. On the other hand, I completely hate the Kubrows, the RNG behind getting one you want, and the horrible excuse for a credit sink they come with. I'll most likely either stick with my Wyrm Prime or replace him with the new Grineer sentinel we'll be getting.

2- I'd imagine they'll be released sometime around Update 18, maybe a little after 17.5. For now, let's just agree to say "they'll be released when they're pretty much ready."

3- If they're just a feline counterpart to the Kubrows, they'll probably be just as annoying and make me want to put my Sentinel back on once my Kavat hits 30.

4- I think they'll be the same height as Kubrows, though their physical builds may differ.

5- If it's another type of Kubrow, why wouldn't it share the same RNG? Honestly, I'm against this kind of system for breeding pets in this game. If I want a tall, skinny, stealthy Kavat, I don't want to hatch a different type that'll pretty much make me waste an egg. Give us a way to better the chances of hatching certain breeds and builds, and at least keep the fur patterns random if you want to keep some form of RNG in the system.

6- I missed the release of the Kubrows, so I don't know what the deal was with Kubrow genetics, so I can't really answer this question. If you're referring to things like height and physique, I have a feeling we're comfortable enough with Kubrow genetics to know what to expect.

7- How hard they are to obtain all depends on how much DNA is needed to infuse a Kubrow egg with Kavat DNA, which could lead to them being harder to obtain since you still have to deal with the RNG of finding an egg to begin with.

8- For me, this is why I'm mostly disappointed with the Kavat. While the Grineer variant is hideous, I really like the design of the feral Kavat, and I'm looking forward to seeing updates for the Tenno bred variants, but I don't want another credit sink that'll constantly be losing health because I didn't give it medicine.

Also, I'm not looking forward to more ridiculous stealth penalties that'll come with them. First the Drahk master that knows where you are since his pack can smell you from fifteen rooms away, and now a Grineer that can see through cloaking due to invisible cats? Warframe is becoming less about stealth and more about run-and-gun with each new animal-like creature introduced.

I'm disappointed in a few things... The main one though is very obvious to me - the name.

Seriously? Seriously...? Out of all the names suggested in that massive thread, Kavat stood out the most?

How coincidental it happens to sound like Cat too... Hmm. Originality right there.

Also rather annoyed that they're looking to bring out a new companion yet they still haven't fixed the terrible AI and pathing of Kubrows which will most be likely be the same used for Kavat's. Will they be fixed come U18? Maybe, but they certainly should've been fixed sooner than that. However, I'm expecting yet another drop and then flop move.

1- are you excited for them ?

-No.

2- do we know when will they be released ? any expectations if we don't know a specific date ?

-No.

-17.5 or 18.0

3- do you think they will be more useful than kubrows ? more useful than sentinels ? 

-With present content?  No... But I think they are going to invent new hurdles that this new asset manages to help players get past.

4- do you think they will be normal sized small cats or huge beasts like kubrows ?

- Kubrow-ish sized.

5- do you think their genetics / imprinting / breeding will be tough and almost completely RNG dependent like kubrows ? and what is your opinion if their genetic will actually be this way. ---

- Without question, sadly.

- My opinion is that the entire companion category is predatory as hek...

Applying stasis sickness to charge players to gain access to items housed in a slot the player purchased is wrong.

Creating RNG to fur pattern, height, and weight without allowing for modification options to each is wrong.

Placing a credit based disposal process for unwanted results given the reliance on rng.

What's more the last Kubrow type and two of the 3 armor sets introduced are poor. - Bugged skills, tons clipping and poorly fitting items.

Given the current trend, Kavats aren't going to be worth anything but complaints.

6- Also , do you think the genetics will be almost completely hidden from us like kubrow genetics were ? what I mean is will they reveal the genetics completely or let us explore them like we "kinda" did with kubrows ?

- It's part of how DE makes money... Definitely.

- The components will be a minor headache to acquire... But the desired results will be PITA to achieve.

8- what do you think of the designs shown on the devstream ? for me they are "meh" but with different colors and possibly patterns they could looks amazing of course.

- Did not like them... looked like a cross between a snake, cat, and a peacock to me.

I respect that the artist put a lot of work into it and respect his design and intent... That said, I'm a cat person and have no plans to touch this item   at all.

thanks for sharing padre

and naith you got a good point i also hope they fix the AI systems soon... especially that attack it takes forever to happen.

1 - yes

2 - U18 at least

3 - Sentinels die to easy. Kubrows are too aggressive to stealth runs. If I'm right in thinking these guys will be THE stealth companion, they'll be great for Spy and future Stealth-mission updates (looking at you Deception).

4 - Nothing in Warframe is normal sized. I don't expect them to be AS big as kubrows but CERTAINLY not as small as regular kats. I'm thinking slightly bigger than average bobcat sized.

5 - oh yeah, that's just the nature of the pet system.

6 - Not sure what you mean here, but if it's like "why wont they tell us what the things are before they hatch" then I don't think that'll change.

7 - The way the talked about scanning seems like it will be more of a "reach this limit on how many scans you did to be able to breed a Kavat"  - but since we're having to farm Kubrow eggs for them anyway I don't see that mattering to horribly much.

8 - I'm a man who doesn't like tiger stripe kubrows, I can't possible answer this without drawing ire.

In the future mankind has evolved enough to realize PETA and PETA-like groups are batS#&$ insane terrorists that are better off gone. Corpus and Grineer organize witch-hunts to wipe them out for the good of Origin.

thanks for sharing

Prediction: There will be frustration in trying to find them to scan. There will be time walls designed to drain your platinum, and "starter kits" dangling within reach. There will be hype and let downs, and a lot of angry people on the forums.

I hope they for once consider putting real effort to make the players happy, not just for the damn plat and money. it would be a total waste to release mastery fodder.

Moderate excitement, like any new content I guess. I'm not expecting them to be amazing, but I hope they are. I'd love for their genetics to be nice and random like dogs, but the eggs (or dna scans I believe it was? which sounds way better) to get them being less rng. Chances are I'll still use Helios over them unless they have more utility than sentinels, though.

I'm completely of the belief DE won't share anything about the genetics, because they usually don't share any in depth information about any new things in general, honestly. 

1- Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the Kavat. On one hand, I'm a cat lover, so I'm happy to see a feline version of the Kubrows. On the other hand, I completely hate the Kubrows, the RNG behind getting one you want, and the horrible excuse for a credit sink they come with. I'll most likely either stick with my Wyrm Prime or replace him with the new Grineer sentinel we'll be getting.

2- I'd imagine they'll be released sometime around Update 18, maybe a little after 17.5. For now, let's just agree to say "they'll be released when they're pretty much ready."

3- If they're just a feline counterpart to the Kubrows, they'll probably be just as annoying and make me want to put my Sentinel back on once my Kavat hits 30.

4- I think they'll be the same height as Kubrows, though their physical builds may differ.

5- If it's another type of Kubrow, why wouldn't it share the same RNG? Honestly, I'm against this kind of system for breeding pets in this game. If I want a tall, skinny, stealthy Kavat, I don't want to hatch a different type that'll pretty much make me waste an egg. Give us a way to better the chances of hatching certain breeds and builds, and at least keep the fur patterns random if you want to keep some form of RNG in the system.

6- I missed the release of the Kubrows, so I don't know what the deal was with Kubrow genetics, so I can't really answer this question. If you're referring to things like height and physique, I have a feeling we're comfortable enough with Kubrow genetics to know what to expect.

7- How hard they are to obtain all depends on how much DNA is needed to infuse a Kubrow egg with Kavat DNA, which could lead to them being harder to obtain since you still have to deal with the RNG of finding an egg to begin with.

8- For me, this is why I'm mostly disappointed with the Kavat. While the Grineer variant is hideous, I really like the design of the feral Kavat, and I'm looking forward to seeing updates for the Tenno bred variants, but I don't want another credit sink that'll constantly be losing health because I didn't give it medicine.

Also, I'm not looking forward to more ridiculous stealth penalties that'll come with them. First the Drahk master that knows where you are since his pack can smell you from fifteen rooms away, and now a Grineer that can see through cloaking due to invisible cats? Warframe is becoming less about stealth and more about run-and-gun with each new animal-like creature introduced.

thanks for sharing I hope they dont need like 50 scans or something to get the type you want. and i hope the grineer units have a small range of detection so maybe we could sneak around them without having them see us.. so this way loki players wont get mad

Moderate excitement, like any new content I guess. I'm not expecting them to be amazing, but I hope they are. I'd love for their genetics to be nice and random like dogs, but the eggs (or dna scans I believe it was? which sounds way better) to get them being less rng. Chances are I'll still use Helios over them unless they have more utility than sentinels, though.

I'm completely of the belief DE won't share anything about the genetics, because they usually don't share any in depth information about any new things in general, honestly. 

I hope the scans make the rng less of a pain.. maybe at least with scanning you could get the breed / build you want and then colors and patterns are left to rng or like kubrows, taken from other imprints maybe?

I hope the scans make the rng less of a pain.. maybe at least with scanning you could get the breed / build you want and then colors and patterns are left to rng or like kubrows, taken from other imprints maybe?

Hmm... I kinda want the build to be randomized, but I 10000000% agree on breed. I'd sort of forgotten about that entirely honestly, but here I am still unable to get Chesa having hatched 20 eggs so far with the sole purpose of getting a Chesa. RNG on which type you get is the most god awful thing, on top of not being able to know instantly what you're gonna get, and start again. 

But yeah, I like the idea of all visual things be rerolling as long as getting the egg is a bit less rng. 

I am not really interested in catbrows.

Why? The same reason I don't find kubrows very appealing.

- they require maintenance

- they have crappy artificial intelligence

- they don't have Vacuum

As for the last point - as long as other companions won't have Vacuum just like Carrier, they will be overshadowed [most of the time].

1- are you excited for them ? NO

2- do we know when will they be released ? any expectations if we don't know a specific date ? U18

3- do you think they will be more useful than kubrows? Probably powercreeped a bit    more useful than sentinels ? Definitely not

4- do you think they will be normal sized small cats or huge beasts like kubrows ? I guess a bit smaller

5- do you think their genetics / imprinting / breeding will be tough and almost completely RNG dependent like kubrows ? Yes and what is your opinion if their genetic will actually be this way. --- It will suck just like Kubrows

6- Also , do you think the genetics will be almost completely hidden from us like kubrow genetics were ? what I mean is will they reveal the genetics completely or let us explore them like we "kinda" did with kubrows ? I guess same as Kubrows

7- do you think they will be hard to obtain ? like for example farming the kubrow eggs now ? (which is a complete pain imo) You will need a Kubrow egg to breed them so they will be a pita.

8- what do you think of the designs shown on the devstream ? for me they are "meh" but with different colors and possibly patterns they could looks amazing of course. I am not particularly fond of cats but the design is ok.

I hope they see this and realize how much pets need a rework in terms of abilities / AI or else as you guys said they will be mastery fodder. I don't get the point of working on them if they plan to release mastery fodder. why take the time / pay the people working at the office (designers ... etc) when you are going to release a pet that will be played with by most people for 1 void / draco run then thrown away *sigh*

DE don't sit around and work on things they expect no one to use, I'm sure. Players are judgy is all - and not exactly adventurous by nature. Most things in this game - guns, swords, companions - are used for 1/2 Draco runs then abandoned. Sorry but that's on the rabid mentality players - not DE.

As to pets - most negativity centred on them is unreasonable - that's all it is. Kneejerk reaction to RNG and absolutely minuscule maintenance at the end of the day. There is nothing DE can do to change that perception whatsoever - because it's based in pure overreaction.

AI pathing is the only valid complaint - however it applies to Kubrows, enemies and Sentinels. People love overlooking how ludicrously bad a Sentinels aiming logic is - pretty sure they're all symptoms of the same bad code.

As to the cats - meh - we'll see - personally I only use Kubrows. If half of the breeds are essentially useless - and most of the Sentinels are worse - I'm not expecting big things from Kavats.

I just hope we get some real upgrade to gene foundry, im tired waiting for 2 logins to get a mature kub....

We have an upgrade - I'm sure you'll get it soon.

Switching kubs from stasis is quick and easy now ... Maturing still takes 2 resets I believe but since switching is easier you're not locked into just waiting.