Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Animals And Sentinels

Axeroix

I'd hate it, but I can see DE giving in and letting this happen... ugh...

Good grief I hope not!

We don't need to take everything with us when we leave the Liset.  There has to be some kind of balance to our loadouts, a downside to compensate the upside.  In this case - Kubrows do more damage and have higher survivability but are limited on the utility.  Sentinels (Carrier anyway) are high utility with low survivability and damage.

Whats the point in spending so much time on our mods if we're just going to overwhelm the opposition with sheers numbers?  Might as well take an unranked, un modded Loki to just drop Decoy for our pets to maul whatever gets drawn in and never bother playing.

Edited by Noamuth

I'd hate it, but I can see DE giving in and letting this happen... ugh...

What's bad about it?

Right now, doges can't really compete with carrier prime outside of very specific niches (eg stealth doge in spy/rescue and maybe raid, sunika in capture though sunika sucks even there, digger doge in... Uh, survival/defense maybe). The new doge is meant to compete with carrier prime but he's so garbage at it that it's a joke.

If I could use my doges without having to give up the tremendous utility that comes from carrier, I might use doges for more than lulzing about. Certainly for their cost and the difficulty in acquiring them and the ongoing cost in maintaining them, something is wrong if they're reduced to glorified mastery fodder.

And yes, mastery fodder is what they are. Sweeper/prime laser rifle will outdamage them for a much cheaper cost in cores and mods, to say nothing of prime sweeper. Their utility is vastly overshadowed by vacuum except for certain limited niche roles.

Like, I could also get behind giving all doges vacuum because that'd be fine too, but something is seriously wrong with the kubrow system and it needs to be fixed.

@Cpl_Facehugger - Noamuth explained it well. We don't need 2 pets.

As for the Fetch-doge: They really "screwed the pooch" on that one. Having Kubrow that compete head-to-head with Sentinels was a bad idea. The doges and upcoming cats should have unique abilities that suit their species, not different versions of what we already have... It's way too soon to be copying mechanics already.

Scrap Stealth doge, give us Speed boost doge.

Scrap shield recharge doge, give us bullet blocking ninja-doge, or healing-licks doge.

Scrap fetch dog, give us additional drops doge.

I don't think two pets is a good idea. Just an extreme example of way more power creep. And not at all needed either. 

If a companion doesn't seem useful enough to most people to use, maybe that companion needs to be buffed, but letting us bring everything and the kitchen sink on a mission is not the right answer imo.