Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #59 Overview

AM-Bunny

I hope that Sniper weapons get innate punch-through in the rework.

I'm not too sure about the multishot nerf, while I'm happy that DE are finally stepping down on necessities disguised as mods, I think making multi shot cost extra ammo sounds like it would hurt a lot of weapons that eat through ammo and weapons that have a small magazine. Another thing that bothers me is what's going to happen if multistrike get released as a mod, melee weapons don't cost ammo and we do not want Stamina returning.

Personally, I think it would have been better if they made it so multishot divides the damage between the original and extra projectile just like weapons with innate multishot such as: Akjagara, Brakk, Detron and every shotgun.

I guess we'll have to wait until this nerf comes and I really hope weapons with innate multishot are unaffected by the changes.

Edited by IronWolfKnight

did they say anything about ...

... sunika prime ? )))))))))

Nada, and thanks for the nightmares X_X

I hope that Sniper weapons get innate punch-through in the rework.

It's possible, still a lot of time between now and then. The interactive UI elements have me excited - I was afraid they'd cut corners like usual and just do some damage and crit buffs and call it a day. This news makes me think they're really going to devote some thought into making snipers what they need to be.

The multishot being a bug sounds more like it was initially. It was left in for two years and seems to have played an important part surrounding weapon and content balance. I dont think the devs meant that they always viewed it as bugged and only ever balanced around the idea that it was working as originally intented.

I believe what they mean is that multishots current function was born from a bug, and they intent to eventually bring it back to the originally planned design.

Not sure if i'd agree to much with that seeing as it would do the same thing as a Fire-rate mod. Burn through ammo faster to get more burst dps. And the way damage mods have scaled with eachother, multishot included, has shaped how content and weapons have been balanced. And i fear that after it works as intented it will divide the landscape into two groups. Weapons that can get away with using multishot, and weapons that are not viable.

I think at this point it would be better to accept that this is how multishot works, rather than trying to dig through two years of content updates and completely rebalance the content and weapons.

rhino, saryn and trinity skins will be in the u17.5 or u18?

Confirmed not 17.5

They won't all release at once, so we may see one or two by U18 though

Corpus Cape.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I want it sooooo bad ;A;

Looking at it... it has the same texture as Alad V's jacket. I guess I never realized he was wearing credits. Must be all the rage in Corpus fashion.

Wow. That is a terrible way to deal with the mandatory multishot. What makes it any different from fire rate mods then? Just faster, is all. Pistols will get a hell of a hit out of this.

So we go from the extreme from making it a mandatory mod to the other extreme of doubling the ammo consumption on all weapons to get the same amount of damage.

Good one, DE. Good one.

Also, Glen's comment about Vacuum in the beginning of the stream made me stop watching immediately. "Pros will choose not to use it over something else" is basically what he said. So I, a MR 15 member with over 1000 hrs in the game am likely not a pro because I use carrier to have one less thing to focus on (energy and ammo return) in the giant clusterfuck of things the game throws out on a minute by minute basis?

Adds to the reasons why I quit two weeks ago.

Edited by R34LM

Wow. That is a terrible way to deal with the mandatory multishot. What makes it any different from fire rate mods then? Just faster, is all. Pistols will get a hell of a hit out of this.

So we go from the extreme from making it a mandatory mod to the other extreme of doubling the ammo consumption on all weapons to get the same amount of damage.

Good one, DE. Good one.

Also, Glen's comment about Vacuum in the beginning of the stream made me stop watching immediately. "Pros will choose not to use it over something else" is basically what he said. So I, a MR 15 member with over 1000 hrs in the game am likely not a pro because I use carrier to have one less thing to focus on (energy and ammo return) in the giant clusterfuck of things the game throws out on a minute by minute basis?

Adds to the reasons why I quit two weeks ago.

Pretty much all of this. Goddamn DE what are you doing...

That's just Glen XD

You can tell he spends too much time in Dark Souls telling casuls to git gud. I agree that his input is worth very little - I never look forward to seeing him on the streams.

Also, added nunchaku gifs to OP

kJIzVqH.gifsFWIHdm.gifLVO9XhA.gifQxPPRZw.gifpNzcLrN.gif

I really hope the Good weapons aren't going to be made MR15

I know DE gives with one hand and takes with another, something with potential and really fun to use being locked behind and already massive grind is insane, MR12 for sindicate weapons is already way to high.

Don't get me wrong, i do work towards some goals and i try to make them as fun as possible, when that ends i go to have fun in warframe, helping users and doing random missions.

If i start to get objectives that requires me to lvl up warframes i already own or weapons i don't need, then the grind will be felt and i can tell you that it isn't fun.

MR 8 is nice and anything beyond that should be considered a bonus, not a requirement.

Only if they make it so he spawns every time you hear the roar. Because for me he's extremely shy. He'll roar, but never spawn.

well, that is true, or maybe the parts can be dropped with the new mission of archwing

who knows what is the DE have prepared