Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Needs To Be Removed As A Construction Material

Zantestsuken

Couldn't agree more. And maybe lower down from chamber costs. How can a T conector be almost as expensive as a great hall? And after the last update they cut the benches.Why?

to me, the costs are fine, aside from forma of course. On saturn you can farm 1000 nano spores in one run. rubedo drops fine on europa's capture missions.

LOL the benches fix. Ridiculous 

+1 i totally agree, even if RNG would have pitty of us, other clan members will be like "F*** you this is mah forma not urs"

Sharing Free resources Seems legit. Something like forma is not.

A few things I believe (assumptions)

1. DE don't care about small clans, they like large ones, because they hope everyone will pay a little to build the Dojo and they make lots of money

2. People who pay for very high priced stuff simply reinforce DEs decisions in their own minds

3. The game is supposed to be an Open Beta, so why this type of manic pricing....or is it called a Beta just to excuse the problems they are fixing.

I said before and I'll say it again....ALL resource requirements should scale to the size of clan. As the clan grows, rooms should lock down until more resources have been donated. This way it works for large and small clans. So a x new members joins....rooms all lock down until more resources contributed. This way, they don't need to remove Forma, but they should reduce the overall requirement and seriously increase the credit requirements (give us something to do with all those useless credits).

The Duelling rooms should also scale in some way.....it's silly to have a very large clan and 1 duelling room. Either duplicate rooms appear or the cost of crafting extra duelling rooms is reduced. I would also like to see a larger duelling room for team duelling e.g. 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 etc..

Edited by DaveC

I do agree that forma should be removed from dojo build materials. But the sale of forma is ok =), Adding a polarity slot onto a weapon is a big change to the weapon itself and can be viewed as making the weapon into a prime weapon(just about). But coming from a small clan such as the one I am in, Buying forma will prove to be very exspensive to achieve any sort of usable dojo.

tl;dr

I totally agree with forma being removed from dojo building mats.

Ya, for smaller clans, (Because we actually have to spend more money) this is a problem. It's silly to have to pay to have a decent Dojo for your clan to use as a base! 

After more than a week since this topic was opened it has gathered almost 200 replies and 3400 views. It's strange how this topic wich is one of the major on this section hasn't receives any answer by DE. Just keep on rolling guys ;) and of course play WF, because is still worth the time spent on it.

It is rather annoying to have to make the choice between using Forma for upgrading a weapon, or using it to complete a structure. My clan has only three active players, but we all know and play together maximizing our keys and alerts etc. We have no issue with Forma at the moment, We consistently have more Forma blueprints than we can make at a time. Our process is limited to the other resources needed because of our small clan number. If we were able to just spam the build and complete everything in 5 days, well where did the value of the game go. It sucks but it's not really that bad, if it helps you wrap your mind around it think about it from a game resource perspective. You are in space trying to make a fully functional room with lights, life support, etc. and all you need is barely any cash, some spores and ore, with a few golden puzzle pieces. I saw well played Tenno, well played. Also keep in mind, from a game standpoint, we just found the Orokin Void, and all their technology, why should we be expected to be able to mass produce,use, and fully understand what they left in space.

It is rather annoying to have to make the choice between using Forma for upgrading a weapon, or using it to complete a structure. My clan has only three active players, but we all know and play together maximizing our keys and alerts etc. We have no issue with Forma at the moment, We consistently have more Forma blueprints than we can make at a time. Our process is limited to the other resources needed because of our small clan number. If we were able to just spam the build and complete everything in 5 days, well where did the value of the game go. It sucks but it's not really that bad, if it helps you wrap your mind around it think about it from a game resource perspective. You are in space trying to make a fully functional room with lights, life support, etc. and all you need is barely any cash, some spores and ore, with a few golden puzzle pieces. I saw well played Tenno, well played. Also keep in mind, from a game standpoint, we just found the Orokin Void, and all their technology, why should we be expected to be able to mass produce,use, and fully understand what they left in space.

That kind of "lore" is missing a bit from devs, you actually made the dojo seem what it is to me, something to get with time and patience, because its our headquarters, yaknow?

Still the amount of Forma asked for is a bit abusive for small clans. Id be ok to have some of it required on some technology rooms, I myself have gathered 4 Forma since U8 was released without spending a single platinum on key packs, etc. My clan of 3 people has gathered 8 as a total, so if a research lab cost was 5 Forma, we would gladly pay it, its a fair amount along with the take some time to build the dojo. The big issue to me atm is that costing 25 forma for a great hall makes it literally a month till we can get that done, along with the cost itself of the great hall, we are all U7 players, so we dont have that much resources lying around, I myself do have a fair amount of salvage and nano spores, yet 30k of each wont get me that much done, and Im talking about 1 room and the fact that Im gathering since U7... so imagine to get anything else done.

DE don't care about small clans, they like large ones, because they hope everyone will pay a little to build the Dojo and they make lots of money

Doesn't make sense, as they would obviously gain more if everyone was in a small clan, because in big clans, only few players have to pay for forma, the rest can add normal resources.

Well, the problem with Forma isn't that it's sold it's the process that it takes to farm it. Of course most know void keys can be gained in defense missions. So if you get your clan separated into squads and farm those you have a chance of getting keys then when a group of four gets the key they can farm the void four times. I've been to the void three times and seen the Forma once out of those three, which without further study of the void I would interpret as a lucky fluke. Every time a squad of four gets a Forma that's four forma if the squad members even have the resources to build the Forma they found.

So here's the basic problem

Forma[A component needed for every part of the dojo to be built] 

Process: 

Farm defense(Chance of getting a key) -> Farm Void(depending on the amount of keys found in first step, still with only a chance of finding Forma)

-> Build Forma(if members have enough resources each to build the Forma they found)

It's both incredibly tedious and resource intensive, because the members will not only need to pay the resources to build the Forma but also contribute to the construction of the next room being built. So yes, I too agree that they should be removed as a resource or at least the amount required needs to be reduced, because it is possible to get them in game.

Edited by nBow

As a casual player with a small all-friends clan, I agree that Forma should be removed from building materials or, at least, their number considerably reduced.

Considering the price/drop rate of this item, it makes the Dojo rooms overpriced for us as a small casual-players clan. I'm sure we aren't the only ones in this situation.

What if Forma was made a rare verson of the research specific resources? You'd get it for fighting bosses or completing difficult missions with your fellow clan members. It could take a while to farm but for people who don't want to wait you could always purchase it with platinum.

Another idea is that you could choose to substitue Forma with a larger number of its core components (Morphics, Neurodes, Neural Sensors) when starting a build. Getting that many components together would take a lot of time and effort but its something that you could do with teamwork and a little farming. Or you could give players the option to build an "Orokin Lab" that can produce batches of Forma, Catalysts, and Reactors from resources that clan members donate. Maybe make it a more efficient option than producing them in the Foundry. If you produced a Forma for each clan member that helped to contribute to the blueprint you might be able to build more rooms quicker.

What if Forma was made a rare verson of the research specific resources? You'd get it for fighting bosses or completing difficult missions with your fellow clan members. It could take a while to farm but for people who don't want to wait you could always purchase it with platinum.

Another idea is that you could choose to substitue Forma with a larger number of its core components (Morphics, Neurodes, Neural Sensors) when starting a build. Getting that many components together would take a lot of time and effort but its something that you could do with teamwork and a little farming. Or you could give players the option to build an "Orokin Lab" that can produce batches of Forma, Catalysts, and Reactors from resources that clan members donate. Maybe make it a more efficient option than producing them in the Foundry. If you produced a Forma for each clan member that helped to contribute to the blueprint you might be able to build more rooms quicker.

It's a Good idea. Sooner or later the'll have to deal with this topic :)

Well, I'm gonna keep checking up on this, however, I can't stand playing Warframe with the forma for rooms. I mean, I just don't feel that engaged anymore, my effort as a casual gamer is for nothing. So I'll keep myself updated on the matter, but until this is fixed, I'm not playing Warframe.

i really hope they remove it from dojo but given how they basically ignored the outcry during the livestream, i won't get my hopes up. they just kept saying 'reduced resources' and didn't talk about the forma aspect. i don't really care if they increased the other resource costs, but remove the forma. still i'm fine if they just re-think the forma costs to build. there is no freakin way you can tell me that the lights in a hallway require the same output (forma) as it does to power the reactor room. cause i'm sure that my small desk lamp is using the same amount of power as my washer or dryer machines....so if it stays, at least do something about the hallways.