Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Vacuum On Any Sentinal.

HunterKurza

If you could add Carrier's vacuum precept onto ANY sentinal, what would you add it to? The recent discussion of such has been quite a hot topic and I think the community should weigh in on it. As well as this, what do you think should happen to Carrier to compensate?

Personally I would love to have vacuum on my Wyrm Prime. IMO, it is the best looking sentinal in the game and I think being able to put vacuum on it would complete this for me. In regards to Carrier, I think they should add a mod for Carrier called "Hord" which allows the Sentinal to carrier extra ammo, energy, health, whatever that gets distributed when you run out of the respective section.

What do you think? Post below :D

If you could add Carrier's vacuum precept onto ANY sentinal, what would you add it to? The recent discussion of such has been quite a hot topic and I think the community should weigh in on it. As well as this, what do you think should happen to Carrier to compensate?

Personally I would love to have vacuum on my Wyrm Prime. IMO, it is the best looking sentinal in the game and I think being able to put vacuum on it would complete this for me. In regards to Carrier, I think they should add a mod for Carrier called "Hord" which allows the Sentinal to carrier extra ammo, energy, health, whatever that gets distributed when you run out of the respective section.

I like the horde idea. 

The other way to go towards making other sentinels a more viable choice would be a massive rework of all the other sentinels.  Reworking carrier and just giving all sentinels vacuum as a precept options is a much more elegant solution imo.

I like the horde idea. 

The other way to go towards making other sentinels a more viable choice would be a massive rework of all the other sentinels.  Reworking carrier and just giving all sentinels vacuum as a precept options is a much more elegant solution imo.

That and it is simpler and could be done before U17.5 quite easily. It would be alot less work on the devs to just give Vacuum to all sentinals which is the root cause of the problem, rather than trying to bring all sentinals to par with Carrier. You can bring them on par by giving them the one and only reason we use Vacuum for and then just giving Carrier additional space

I've heard the Diriga is pretty useful so I'd probably slap it on there. 

I actually really like your idea which would go well with the name "Carrier". He picks up stuff even if you currently don't need it and releases it should you for example take damage to your health or need energy, etc.

Devstream 59

Question from players: "According statistic Carrier sentinel is used 2 times more than rest of sentinels combined."

DE: "Oh, thats intended, real pro players still use different kinds of sentinels, carrier is for casuals, no changes required."

Me: Woot?! Do you even... but... why... nevermind, I am disappointed and accept that there ll be no options besides carrier sentinel. No sense in bringing this question again if Devs outright drop our strongest arguments.

Edited by -MNT-Erlking

Devstream 59

Question: "According statistic Carrier sentinel is used 2 times more than rest of sentinels combined."

DE: "Oh, thats intended, real pro players still use different kinds of sentinels, carrier is for casuals, no changes required."

Me: Woot?! Do you even... but... why... nevermind, I am disappointed and accept that there ll be no options besides carrier sentinel. No sense in bringing this question again if Devs outright drop our strongest arguments.

I kind of agree with them. Im pretty good at this game, I rarely find a need for vacuum unless im farming rare resources or playing with Ash.

Its definitely NOT a mandatory sentinel, no more than Boltor P. And Rhino are mandatory.

Im glad that the devs realize that too

Edited by Hypernaut1

I kind of agree with them. Im pretty good at this game, I rarely find a need for vacuum unless im farming rare resources or playing with Ash.

Its definitely NOT a mandatory sentinel, no more than Boltor P. And Rhino are mandatory.

Sorry, but I disagree. Point is that you CAN use other sentinels, but there is almost no reason to.

I would compare it to Fleeting expertise, you ok if haven't got it and there are tricky builds that works without it, but overall since you got it, you never going back.

Im glad that the devs realize that too

In endless mission, unless you're using a Quanta, you'll always have to look for ammo and that's when loot acquisition becomes fundamental.

Apparently, for DE, more than half of the players in this game are casuals and Carrier is just fine. Yeah, yesterday's devstream was just sad.

Edited by PapaFragolino

In endless mission, unless you're using a Quanta, you'll always have to look for ammo and that's when loot acquisition becomes fundamental.

Apparently, for DE, more than half of the players in this game are casuals and Carrier is just fine. Yeah, yesterday's devstream was just sad.

I grab enough ammo on my own. This is more an issue of people afraid to step out of their comfort zone. DE should not cater to that.

It truly doesnt hold me back at all in any significant way when I run to grab my drops. This is what many veteran players that weaned themselves off of carrier realize.

Vaccum range isnt GP status, so I still need to run in the general direction of far away drops anyway.

Once you realize how easy it is to just grab your own drops, then vacuum doesnt feel as necessary. My Huras/shade is far more valuable to me, my sahasa that actually MAKES drops is just as valuable, my helios with his augment is just as valuable and im liking the new sentinel so far.

The only time I find vacuum invaluable is when im playing with Ash and it sucks up energy when he uses bladestorm.or when im farming neurodes, but with the new highlight on rare resources I dont rely on vacuum as much.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I grab enough ammo on my own. This is more an issue of people afraid to step out of their comfort zone. DE should not cater to that.

It truly doesnt hold me back at all in any significant way when I run to grab my drops. This is what many veteran players that weaned themselves off of carrier realize.

Vaccum range isnt GP status, so I still need to run in the general direction of far away drops anyway.

Once you realize how easy it is to just grab your own drops, then vacuum doesnt feel as necessary. My Huras/shade is far more valuable to me, my sahasa that actually MAKES drops is just as valuable, my helios with his augment is just as valuable and im liking the new sentinel so far.

The only time I find vacuum invaluable is when im playing with Ash and it sucks up energy when he uses bladestorm.or when im farming neurodes, but with the new highlight on rare resources I dont rely on vacuum as much.

Sorry but if I'm surrounded by bombards and nullifiers it's not me being casual or lazy if I can't look for the tiny &#! ammo drop I need, especially in Defense missions you can't just jump around in search for ammo leaving the pod unprotected.

Loot acquisition shouldn't have been locked behind companions in the first place, it's the usual bandaid solution you would expect from DE.

Don't see how running side to side to pick up stuff is stepping out of your comfort zone,to me that's just boring .

Don't see how running side to side to pick up stuff is stepping out of your comfort zone,to me that's just boring .

Boring? I gather my loot effortlessly, thus I am able to use other companions. The effort needed to grab loot is grossly EXAGGERATED and DE knows this.

im not saying I always grab as much loot as carrier users, but I still do really well. I barely noticed a drop in my efficiency without vacuum.

IMO, my Sahasa comes in handy more often than vacuum when doing non endless missions.

If you prefer to use carrier, there is no problem with that- but it us in no way mandatory. No more mandatory than having a Huras cloak me while I revive teammates. No more mandatory than a sahasa creating drops for when no enemies are around.

As a new playern carrier was awesome. Now that I have some experience- I kill fast enough, move fast enough and overall play good enough to where running out of ammo, hp, energy, doednt happen as often.

At the point where enemies are soaking up entire ammo pools, im not killing them fast enough to make tons of ammo drop for carrier to be that much more useful.

Before that point, I'm good and powerful enough to not waste ammo or need hp, energy, resources. So when is carrier necessary again? Before I kill them easily enough to not waste ammo or after when they dont die fast enough for ammo drops to matter?

Edited by Hypernaut1

Vaccum as a general precept is an old idea, but still a great idea.

Which Sentinel would I use it on? Umm... all of them?

If you mean, which Sentinel would you use the most after that? Most likely Helios, due to its scanning ability (which is another mod I think should've been a general precept as well, since it adds QoL, similar to Vacuum, rather than being a combat-power like all the other Sentinels possess. The Simaris-precept slightly alleviates that a bit though, so it's KIND of a moot point by now).

What ability could then be the Carrier's replacement ability?

Some kind of combat-ability niche that isn't filled yet. Maybe a minor healing ability?