Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Feel About A Summoner Frame? (Discussion)

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

A frame were each of his/her abilities summons a different entity to do different things (heal , cc, damage, buff teammates) But the summonings would have live for all of the duration of the ability.  & maybe have hp, armor, power, and shields of their own.

Follows you around like a kubrow / sentinel.

Thoughts on this ?

A summoner Frame was one of my earliest ideas and wants: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/231210-warframe-concept-magus-summoner-warframe-supportdamage-hybrid-update-3142015/

I really want it. I'm big on the idea of having minions.

oh shoot ill check it out then !

So a minion controller frame? I wouldn't mind that.

yeah i thought it would be really cool too :)

That would be pretty neat. It would be interesting to see what forms they take as well. Would all four abilities be different forms though? Or could one ability alternate forms for the rest of the three abilities? 

all different forms yeah, id love something that could fly *-*

well if the summons AI not S#&$ enough that would be pretty neat.

Hehe, that's of course up to DE to figure out xD. Although specter AI isn't too horrid, I get what you mean lol

That would be pretty neat. It would be interesting to see what forms they take as well. Would all four abilities be different forms though? Or could one ability alternate forms for the rest of the three abilities? 

all different forms yeah, id love something that could fly *-*

Currently I'm in the boat with three summon forms with each having three abilities. Alot more interesting when each summon has more controllable dynamic.

*Insert Shameless plug*: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/515645-warframe-concept-phantasia-the-oro-memorium/

In other words, should we fix Nekros? Yes. Yes we should.

i dont consider nekros a summoner, he has one ability that is close to this and it just creates enemy units to fight for you.

when the ying yang frame came out eveyone cried " but we already have mirage" and now you can see that they're completely different.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

well if the summons AI not S#&$ enough that would be pretty neat.

This is the main problem with the whole summoning concept. Kubrow AI is dumb as S#&$. Spectres has the same problem, but their perfect aim and scaling makes them pretty darn useful.

You can give the summoner frame the ability to summon a dragon, hell, a Balor Fomorian and it'll probably fly off the planet. 

i dont consider nekros a summoner, he has one ability that is close to this and it just creates enemy units to fight for you

Kind of true. Nekros is a Desecrate bot. Desecrate shouldn't exist, and at worse should be a passive so Nekros can have four abilities that actually affect gameplay. Whether Nekros has some of his abilities reworked to use more summoning, or just has them help Shadows more doesn't matter to me.

There definitely could be other summoner themes though, like a beast master or something like that. But Nekros should count as one IMO.

Kind of true. Nekros is a Desecrate bot. Desecrate shouldn't exist, and at worse should be a passive so Nekros can have four abilities that actually affect gameplay. Whether Nekros has some of his abilities reworked to use more summoning, or just has them help Shadows more doesn't matter to me.

There definitely could be other summoner themes though, like a beast master or something like that. But Nekros should count as one IMO.

Well, necromancy is a type of summoner and although Neckros himself is a poor display of the summoner type, he mostly encompasses the death tone for me.

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS?

1. Greed - [frame] charges his ability, energy starts to drain. Depending on amount drain, summons Guardian Osprey, Guardian Moa or Shock Tech

2. Disease - same as Greed, but summons Charger Eximus, Tar Moa or Ancient Healer

3. War - same as above, but summons Arson Rollers, Hellions or Artic Bombards

4. Tenno - RANDOMLY SUMMONS A FRAME

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS?

1. Greed - [frame] charges his ability, energy starts to drain. Depending on amount drain, summons Guardian Osprey, Guardian Moa or Shock Tech

2. Disease - same as Greed, but summons Charger Eximus, Tar Moa or Ancient Healer

3. War - same as above, but summons Arson Rollers, Hellions or Artic Bombards

4. Tenno - RANDOMLY SUMMONS A FRAME

so... can i use this one when mission failed and have this frame in the team?

DecadesFault.jpg