Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader Is An Abandoned Idea

Speedingbus

Seriously DE your idea of a void trader was great until a little more than  a month you decided you didn't like it anymore so you set it to endless prime disappointment. I think you should just make him permanent and let him sell all the things he has sold in past. I am fine with DE adding new cosmetics every two weeks but lets face it the primed mod part they completely dropped it for the most part.

Also even if the next void trader has primed intensify or what ever mod you want how many more months will we wait to see if he has new primed mod again or even better if you happen to miss the new primed mod your going to be waiting months just to see it again.

Edited by Speedingbus

Urgh, no.

The concept is great. It works great. The economy is great. 

If you missed it, you can always pay Digital Extremes and get a few thousand platinum, then you buy the mod from a player who has it without having to wait months to see it again.

Win-win situation. If you don't have the money to get platinum... well, YOU REALLY don't even need that mod to play the game. Primed mods are merely a way to overpower things, the basic mods work just fine. 

Seriously DE your idea of a void trader was great until a little more than a month you decided you didn't like it anymore so you set it to endless prime disappointment. I think you should just make him permanent and let him sell all the things he has sold in past. I am fine with DE adding new cosmetics every two weeks but lets face it the primed mod part they completely dropped it for the most part.

Also lets face it even if the next void trader has primed intensify or what ever mod you want how many more months will we wait to see if he has new primed mod again or even better if you happen to miss the new primed mod your going to be waiting months just to see it again.

Let's face it, it wouldn't be fair to the people that waited for what they wanted specifically. also, let's face it the event mods would be too easy to get if they get available at the same time and it would be fair to the people that did the event at the time that it came out

I'm fine with the concept as long as nothing he sells or has sold in the past is ever deemed 'necessary'. I already don't like it when a build tells me i need primed flow instead of the normal flow. I missed the sale and dont want to spend 50$ in plat to get it. Cosmetics are fine and rare mods are fine, but I don't need the game telling me I'm not good enough because I missed a sale. 

Edited by ManicMuffin

I personally liked his cosmetic items last visit. :) I was waiting for that chest piece for so long to fix Chroma's sunken chest. XD 

It is pretty sad though having Event/Rare Mods of so much importance unobtainable forever/for insanely long time unless u pay 500p or something crazy. I have all of them so it doesn't hurt me much and it's not like I'm going to profit off them because I need them and I'd never sell them. Exclusive weapons I can understand but not mods.

hm, it's General Discussion.

drastic presumptions with no basis? check.

condescending attitude towards Digital Extremes? check.

assuming that effective randomness means the universe is working against you? check.

more drastic presumptions with no basis? check.

complaining that there isn't new Statcrepe every 5 minutes? check.

yep, i'm in General Discussion.

Primed Mods shuffle around. if you aren't interesting in buying any of them from other Players, you'll see what you're looking for at some point.

and while some of them are definitely Power Creep - there are some others that i'm glad we have, like Primed Reach. a powerful Mod, that actually has enough Range bonus to affect Melee Weapons with low Range. Reach was good for ones with high Range in the first place, but not for ones with low Range (the ones you wanted to put more Range on).

and then some that are basically a joke, like Primed Fast Hands.

I think players became of the expectation that Baro was supposed to bring Primed Power Creep with each visit. Its best that it is not that way.

This. It was a mistake to make him bring a new primed mod every week after he came out, made players spoiled, 

I'm fine with the concept as long as nothing he sells or has sold in the past is ever deemed 'necessary'. I already don't like it when a build tells me i need primed flow instead of the normal flow. I missed the sale and dont want to spend 50$ in plat to get it. Cosmetics are fine and rare mods are fine, but I don't need the game telling me I'm not good enough because I missed a sale. 

The only things I wish he didn't sell were prisma weapons/sentinel now I guess because Mastery. Yes, Mastery isn't necessary technically (for now) but I wanna level up more.  

I think he is doing fine, bringing a good combination of cosmetics, primed mods and the occasional weapon. I do wish they would change some of the earlier gear to fit the current naming conventions.The Prime Eos pieces should really be renamed to Prisma and have their default colors changed.

hm, it's General Discussion.

drastic presumptions with no basis? check.

condescending attitude towards Digital Extremes? check.

assuming that effective randomness means the universe is working against you? check.

more drastic presumptions with no basis? check.

complaining that there isn't new Statcrepe every 5 minutes? check.

yep, i'm in General Discussion.

Primed Mods shuffle around. if you aren't interesting in buying any of them from other Players, you'll see what you're looking for at some point.

and while some of them are definitely Power Creep - there are some others that i'm glad we have, like Primed Reach. a powerful Mod, that actually has enough Range bonus to affect Melee Weapons with low Range. Reach was good for ones with high Range in the first place, but not for ones with low Range (the ones you wanted to put more Range on).

and then some that are basically a joke, like Primed Fast Hands.

I wasn't being condescending the void trader is a good idea and how am I being remotely drastic. What new recent primed mod has remotely made my veteran self log on and spend ducats? Its been months of rehashing okish/awful primed mods and Jolt. How long do we need to wait till we get something even new let alone whether its worth spending ducats? 

While I definitely would like more useful prime mods such as stretch, streamline, intensify etc (yeah yeah power creep blah blah blah yawn) I must admit the cosmetics are welcome and extremely generous. The Devs sell those things, they're their livelihood, so giving them away is no small thing in my book.

Yes it's easy to dwell on Baros negatives but I think we sometimes under appreciate what he does bring.

Urgh, no.

The concept is great. It works great. The economy is great. 

If you missed it, you can always pay Digital Extremes and get a few thousand platinum, then you buy the mod from a player who has it without having to wait months to see it again.

Win-win situation. If you don't have the money to get platinum... well, YOU REALLY don't even need that mod to play the game. Primed mods are merely a way to overpower things, the basic mods work just fine. 

Basically this. It's decent business model from them and it's not game breaking if you don't have the mods because the normal versions work almost as well.

My only slight concern is how they plan to deal with the economy side of this. From now until a years time mods like Primed Continuity will continue to increase in value if they are not reintroduced and gradually as people quit or become inactive, less will be in circulation therefore driving the price up (basic supply / demand principle.) On the other hand if they stick this mod on the trader next week it will instantly crash in value and destabilize the economy. It's an interesting conundrum for DE to solve. One solution potentially could be to have it obtainable in other ways (albeit at a tiny %, like 0.0001 or something.)

I've seen various posts advertising for buying Primed Chamber for 30k+ plats. Obviously this is not a VT mod but it's interesting that one item already has such a huge value. (£600+) if you consider the raw cost of buying plat from DE.

I'm not against the VT at all but I would personally prefer he sold a lot more cosmetic / fun items rather than actual "power" items like primed mods. I'm interested to see how DE progress with this idea and how they manage the economy.

It's only an abandoned idea for people who have a false sense of entitlement.

It's always going to be a cry-fest if you don't get what you want, like a spoiled child.

DE fanboy much? The problem isn't that void trader isn't giving me X primed mod the problem is he's adding nothing new. Dear god I expect the Void Trader to actually give us what DE told us he would do.

DE fanboy much? The problem isn't that void trader isn't giving me X primed mod the problem is he's adding nothing new. Dear god I expect the Void Trader to actually give us what DE told us he would do.

Oh look the typical response from people who hate DE but for some reason still play this game and frequent the forums...

Anyways, you do realize DE is still human right? How much can they add when the traders appears every 2 weeks, plus weapons/sentinels coming out every so often, plus working on balancing, plus working on new content, plus working on new accessories...you see where I'm going with this?  

I don't care about DE so much as a company other than it has Warframe, which I assume you like as well considering you're actually shedding tears over small things in it.

I'm also pretty sure he's given us something new almost every single time he's come? Or am I wrong in that? Or are you complaining because he hasn't given you anything "new" that you like? 

Oh look the typical response from people who hate DE but for some reason still play this game and frequent the forums...

Anyways, you do realize DE is still human right? How much can they add when the traders appears every 2 weeks, plus weapons/sentinels coming out every so often, plus working on balancing, plus working on new content, plus working on new accessories...you see where I'm going with this?  

He doesn't seem to hate DE! Negative feedback is as important as telling them that they're doing a good job you know. Sometimes negative feedback is even more important for improvements...

When I draw something, I like it when someone say "you could have done this instead of (...)", while the others just say "Good job! :D" .