Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If All Sentinels Had Vacuum, Would Your Companion Choice Change?

ZinGrin

I've been thinking lately if all sentinels got vacuum, what companion would I use instead?  Would Carrier's new ability be worth it to keep using? 

So, lets say all sentinels (maybe kubrows) got a built in modless vacuum ability.

1. What is your current companion of choice?  If you switched to another, what would it be?  (Include weapon if relevant)

2. What would carrier's new ability be that would make you want to use or keep using Carrier?

Now I use Carrier 99% of time. If vacuum will be shared between all sentinels, I will swtch to Cube for general use, Wyrm against infected. Carrier - maybe, depends on new trait.

Carrier must carry something useful, maybe +20% ammo reserve for guns or extended energy pool.

Edited by Shozanakh

I've been thinking lately if all sentinels got vacuum, what companion would I use instead?  Would Carrier's new ability be worth it to keep using? 

So, lets say all sentinels (maybe kubrows) got a built in modless vacuum ability.

1. What is your current companion of choice?  If you switched to another, what would it be?  (Include weapon if relevant)

2. What would carrier's new ability be that would make you want to use or keep using Carrier?

That would make me stop using companion.

I hate the idea of giving all sentinels vacuum, It just feels cheap to me for everything to have that ability. It should be something special like it is now. The others just need buffs/ability reworks that would entice players to leave carrier behind and I think dirigawas a step in the right direction before the nerf. It did need to be nerfed but not as bad as it was.

I hate the idea of giving all sentinels vacuum, It just feels cheap to me for everything to have that ability. It should be something special like it is now. The others just need buffs/ability reworks that would entice players to leave carrier behind and I think dirigawas a step in the right direction before the nerf. It did need to be nerfed but not as bad as it was.

Besides, All Sentinels need something to set them apart. Now if only DE would make any other sentine actually useful, and not just mastery fodder, then maybe I might use something other than my Phoenix Carrier/Carrier Prime.

I do like a Sunika Kubrow though. Watching it tackle and one-shot heavy units with no trouble at all feels empowering.

-snip-

Vacuum simply isn't an issue for me because I haven't forgotten how to pick up loot by walking over it.

Agreed. Although, I'm not gonna lie...for most of my early warframe days I did use carrier just for the purpose of vacuum...mostly because when runnin' in matches I'd fall behind. But after a year, I'd stick with my Huras Kubrow any day. 

Thinking more about it as days pass from the last dev stream...Honestly, placing vacuum on other sentinels would be like releasing a band-aid mod. I think that all the sentinels should be looked at! Buffed up in needed areas, possibly redesigned a bit or polished up. If they all have the ability to the one same thing.....we're still going to go for which one is strongest support. Which still seems like people are going to go for the carrier. Sentinels are there for support, not there to do the job for you. 

That would ruin the purpose of Carrier for waht it was made for. Every sentinel have been built for a specific purpose, may it be pure damage such as Dethcube, or for collecting resources like Carrier, or perhaps stunlock enemies that Diriga can do.

If you give all sentinels vacuum, not only would that show how lazy The Tenno have become, but also makes Carrier worthless to get.

The whole idea and attraction of Carrier was about the vacuum. Giving all sentinels vacuum, and Carrier looses its purpose, and it becomes just a shotgun drone.

Edited by Cebius

Yea, probably diriga if its acurrazy get fixed, and also would migrate to doges( if the chessa abiliti is good enoug), probabli the stealh one, but sunikas are also fun.

I dont know wat would keep me using carrier, but it should be prety good comparing to other things( stunlock and cloack)

Given that "Animal Instinct" functions like vacuum to me, I find myself using Helios, diriga, and shade. Helios for utility, diriga for offensive cc, and shade for survivability. Though I do use different weapons on them such as a high status vulklok for shade, sweeper for helios, and deth rifle for diriga which all seem to function effectively.

Edited by Dracorean