Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Convince Someone To Play This Game

Deidaku

I say if your really wanting someone too try out a game then tell them all the reasons you love this game to start with, after all if your brothers and get along pretty well you might possibly have some very common interests. Tell him all of this....

1. How he gets his own ship customizable and also were he can build weapons and travel to other planets.

2. How he can go through waves of enemies fending them off with god like abilities the Tenno possess.

3. Show him how many different Tenno their are and how interesting each one can really fit almost any personality and they are continuing on making more frames every massive update if not more now.

4. Tell him how the art style for the game is amazing and the Lore really is interesting and how the developers are working on it even further.

5.Show him Umbra Excal coming soon from their more recent move too china and how badass he looks.

6. Show him the relays and how you can interact with your fellow Tenno, on a side note also show him how you can make your very own Dojo.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY show him that Warframe is a ever evolving game with developers who listen to their fans, weapons/warframes being developed daily and monthly, and most importantly its nearly almost all completely free of charge. Other games can say that but Warframes one of the few that actually makes you feel like you wanna give them your money because you enjoy the game so much.

If that wont convince him then again show him how badass Prime frames are and Umbra Excal coming up soon, if that doesn't do it then your out of luck I hate to say.

Edited by Monybags33

Offer to start over with him (play your big Tenno when alone) and stick to all the cool stuff - fun guns, movement, clearing the star chart, etc.

By the time he boils Warframe down to a science of #4 spam, boltor prime, and running back to back to back to back to back to back endless missions towards the hour mark each time, he'll be wrapped around DE's little finger.  Like most players.  Then you can look back with him after 900 hours and together realize he spent nearly 860 of those in T4 void.

...Know what, unless he's the type to like repetitive grinding or loves loading up DOOM just to run it again, Warframe probably isn't the best game for people to get into just yet.  Especially since things are supposed to get reworked hopefully by U18.

Step 3: Tell him farming exp is a bad idea. Also tell him, never do any endless mission types because it's too alike Draco..

I agree with the "farming exp", I disagree with "all endless missions are like Draco". Interception is problematic, Defense could use work, and I'd like to see Survival change somehow- but they are a lot better than interception...

I made a video 4 days ago specifically for this purpose:

Unlike the other videos, it's just straight gameplay, and only shows the cool bits of Warframe: Insane weapon selection, sweet melee combos, ulting rooms of people, space-ninja-running across every level.

Like others have said before me, just ask if he wants to try it. The only thing he would be spending on it is his time. Don't try to trick him into it or force him to play because that could strain your relationship / bond you have. Depending on how your brother deals with nagging, that would either get him to play it (just to shut you up) or it would get him to be turned off from the game (because you wouldn't shut up about it .)

Trying to get him to avoid the negatives of the game would be an extremely hard situation unless you go strict  on the situation (Invites only, you turn off Region for him, etc.) because without experience the negatives of a game, you only get half the game. Remove the kid gloves and just tell him the truth about Warframe, the good and bad. I assume your brother is a smart guy who would listen to you and others possibly "gush" all about a game, highlighting all the good parts, only to ask at the end "So what is the downside?" in order to get the real info they are looking for.

No trailers.

Just show normal gameplay.

Let him try it for himself.

Do not interfere when he plays it and if he asks something try to give a simple answer.

If he doesn't like it DO NOT PESTER HIM about it best way to keep people out of a game is to pester them to play it.

Edited by Ziegrif