Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All The Syndicates Now Offer Weapons And Decorations...poor Teshin.

Shehriazad

In a game based around farming loot yes putting loot in a different mode would be locking it away even if the other option is fork over cash for it that's still a no go in my eyes. Another option would be the weapon adds no mastery points doesn't take a slot and has crap stats outside of pvp but I doubt you folks want that. Or De puts the weapon in the pvp shop for like 100k credits or something with access being a low mastery rank like 2 or something. also plz forgive me for any typos or random thoughts here lack of sleep is driving this atm.

It's hypocrisy for you to support master rank locking yet be against having items being obtained through PVP. The premise behind mastery rank locks is to have people work for higher tier weapons. Making PVP weapons have crap stats outside of PVP goes against the premise that you were all for in mastery rank locking. The only reason you'd be for one but not the other is that you don't play one of the modes, which is hypocrisy since you support mastery ranking which locks out people who don't want to grind. 

Wouldn't bother me, so long alternative routes for say Mara or Prisma versions were available some time in the future.

Also instead furthering PVE's distaste in PVP, I'd lay off the insults to get better results from the community as a whole in receiving positive backing on an idea. Probably half the reason you're getting such blow back on this very simple request.

Care Bears, Tenno carcasses. This only solidifies the assumption PVP should be kept separate and some side project best forgotten and muzzled, due to the toxic nature of numerous gaming forum communities.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

It's hypocrisy for you to support master rank locking yet be against having items being obtained through PVP. The premise behind mastery rank locks is to have people work for higher tier weapons. Making PVP weapons have crap stats outside of PVP goes against the premise that you were all for in mastery rank locking. The only reason you'd be for one but not the other is that you don't play one of the modes, which is hypocrisy since you support mastery ranking which locks out people who don't want to grind. 

Weapons are tiered in PVE, but are all equal (well, intended to be equal) in PVP.

I support nothing the putting it behind rank 2 is simply because that's for the most part how the system is right now but not only that the other syndicate primaries are locked behind rank 12 why should this weapon be any different at this point? Don't get me wrong I would be fine with the weapon having no other lock on it then credit cost. The mastery system is messed up many a player are aware of this but just like folk in pvp we have to have some kinda rank for some reason gotta show that they spent time doing something.

i'll guess the rapier (revealed a time ago in a devstream) is coming for teshin

*pic*

I'm gonna say nope, because PvP is intended to be optional.

It would either force people to play something they don't like or buy it with plat from other players/the market

It would also be the first non cosmetic item Teshin sells that would be usable outside of PvP

Again...with tradeable special weapons no one is forced to do anything. 

Weapon trading is a very real thing.

And guess what...a lot of people also don't like doing Simaris stuff..but that's their loss. No one forces them to do it. I for one do every part of the game as I see fit..but excluding a faction of players from the possibility of great rewards because other parts of the community don't like it is simply a non-reason. 

Especially considering how Simaris has some untradeable rewards. 

Again... trying to trade for a weapon on the trade channel is a pain. A vast majority of what I see on the trade channel is along the lines of "WTS", with the occasional "WTB", and very little "WTT". Fact is (and this can depend on what weapons are being offered in the trade), people don't like to trade weapons like that. It's all about the plat. An example of this is how I found it very hard to get a 1:1 trade for the Synoid Simulor/Vaykor Hek/Telos Boltor, when all I wanted was the Sancti Tigris.  I didn't want to pay plat because I was saving what I had for the new Valkyr Skin.  If a group of PvP players end up getting a weapon that can only be gotten through PvP, it isn't likely that they are just going to use it to trade for the other weapons that can easily be gotten through rep grinding. They will most likely put a 125-175p price tag on it, and use it as an easy way to make a large profit because they know that the PvE only players will be desperate to get it without having to play PvP.

I also really feel a lot of claims are based backed up on something that doesn't have any facts for them to back up. 

"If there is an exclusive weapon it will cost a ton because no one does PvP"....but then again, all day round I can start a PvP match and almost never have a waiting time queue. So the player numbers cannot be that low. Yet PvE only players claim that no one plays it...and thus that's a fact and PvP weapon rewards can't ever happen because surely they'll always cost 500+ Plat for life. 

Yea...no. 

I clearly remember day 1 of the new Syndicate weapons...people were trying to get 200-500 Plat for them. Now you can get all but 1 for like 30-40 Plat if you're patient enough to haggle a bit.

Sure people would try to charge 500+ Plat on the first day(New Primes costing 1000+ is just as ridiculous...and COMMON)...but I don't see that weapon being any more expensive than maybe 50 plat...because guess what, PvP has the same daily cap...plus you get up to 6 daily missions for Teshin with up to 6K bonus reward per mission.

We are looking at people that can get more than 33K a day from Teshin on average...that means even if only 10% of the playerbase did regular PvP...the market would be sated in 3 weeks tops.

Edit: Also what are people talking about how weapon trading is a pain? I traded myself 4 of the other factions weapons just by using my main factions weapons...yes, I even got a Tigris for a Simulor. I get a vibe that some people demand trade to be some instant gratitude thing...guess what, you might have to spend 5 minutes in trade chat if you actually want to get something without using plat.

Edited by Shehriazad

I also really feel a lot of claims are based backed up on something that doesn't have any facts for them to back up. 

"If there is an exclusive weapon it will cost a ton because no one does PvP"....but then again, all day round I can start a PvP match and almost never have a waiting time queue. So the player numbers cannot be that low. Yet PvE only players claim that no one plays it...and thus that's a fact and PvP weapon rewards can't ever happen because surely they'll always cost 500+ Plat for life. 

Yea...no. 

I clearly remember day 1 of the new Syndicate weapons...people were trying to get 200-500 Plat for them. Now you can get all but 1 for like 30-40 Plat if you're patient enough to haggle a bit.

Sure people would try to charge 500+ Plat on the first day(New Primes costing 1000+ is just as ridiculous...and COMMON)...but I don't see that weapon being any more expensive than maybe 50 plat...because guess what, PvP has the same daily cap...plus you get up to 6 daily missions for Teshin with up to 6K bonus reward per mission.

We are looking at people that can get more than 33K a day from Teshin on average...that means even if only 10% of the playerbase did regular PvP...the market would be sated in 3 weeks tops.

Edit: Also what are people talking about how weapon trading is a pain? I traded myself 4 of the other factions weapons just by using my main factions weapons...yes, I even got a Tigris for a Simulor. I get a vibe that some people demand trade to be some instant gratitude thing...guess what, you might have to spend 5 minutes in trade chat if you actually want to get something without using plat.

agreed on every part

about people claiming trading weapons is bad, that is an outrageous allegation, I got 5 weapons (3 secondaries, 2 primaries) from the other side, and I didnt get Hek yet cuz I don`t care, not because I can`t, Boltor is scheduled with a friend for a penta, so I can say I have that, fact u hate trading, then it is your problem

also, the fact we bear bugs, exploits, noobs, and a lot more S#&$ u find in PVP, we should get something that is for us, I don`t see someone who spams Draco endlessly understanding this, because PVP needs time to master, this type of players just like brain-dead spamming

there are exceptions of course, but most players I have met who do Draco frequently, are just noobs/entitled

Well that's your view of it...and it's totally fine. 

Doesn't change the fact that pvp players also deserve something...

But you really don't. Like, at all.

DE never wanted to add it in the first place. But because of a few beggars they forced it in and now it's taking away their time and manpower from other more important things. 

And guess what? Barely anyone plays it anyway, because it's terrible.

No one should be forced to play PvP. Especially bad PvP. Your "it can be traded" argument is irrelevant to those who aren't lucky enough to have tons of shekels.

To clarify PVE Syndicate standing;

You do two Syndicates at a time, so you get 150% standing at all times.

There are three daily alerts per Syndicate, so six for a typical player.

These alerts tend to a daily total of 12,000 standing per Syndicate, so 24,000 daily.

Medallions are found in most Syndicate missions, but not all. About 2/3 have Medallions totaling an average of 8000 standing, so that's 16,000 standing/day from Medallions alone.

To summarize so far; 24,000 from alerts, 16,000 from Medallions, 20,000 daily cap (MR20 is possible, but not with just obtainable gear). This gives a daily total of 60,000 Standing, and if you are being efficient, that's 90,000/day in two Syndicates.

90,000/day is much higher than the 20,000 from Teshin plus the ~15,000 from challenges. More than twice as much.

On top of that, smart players didn't spend Medallions right away. On the day of release, I was able to buy 16 Syndicate primaries from four factions. Given how many players were able to desaturate the market that quickly, Syndicate primaries dropped extraordinarily quickly.

If a Teshin exclusive weapon were released, given the rarity and the significantly smaller PVP playerbase compared to the PVE playerbase, I would expect plat prices of 4x that seen from the Syndicate primaries, in the realm of 600-800 platinum per piece after the first 12 hours had passed.

That is not to say that Teshin should not sell some things, but they should not be exclusives. I would encourage adding pre-built clantech weapons to his stock, maybe with Catalysts, probably best without. I would not be against giving him a new clantech item on release too, to give the PVP crowd early access to a new item by three days. This would a be a good way to introduce the dual Nikana, plus he could be given the obvious sheathe skin that he is using on them as a true exclusive.

DE never wanted to add it in the first place. But because of a few beggars they forced it in and now it's taking away their time and manpower from other more important things. 

No one should be forced to play PvP. Especially bad PvP. Your "it can be traded" argument is irrelevant to those who aren't lucky enough to have tons of shekels.

then why do Draco spammers deserve access to high weapons (now that it is getting re assigned)?

PVP existed for a long time, and is just as important, and it is not beggars, you might wanna watch it there, and what exactly are these important things? nerfs? jee thnx

tell me the date of the glorious day u went to PVP, pressed accept, and it told u no squads were found, barely anyone plays it? srsly? you people have no idea WTF you are saying, it is not terrible, you don`t like it, fine, but we put up with a lot, we should get something u can`t get by camping Draco endlessly

no one forced you, just like no one forced u to do synthesis for Symaris to get simulor for a few MR points, and also it is not invalid, the most selling Syndicate primary, which was Sancti tigris, the max price for it was 200 5 minutes after release, 2 hours after, it got down to 100, next day 50 was the common price.... Trade will always be a pain, weapons or not, the fact your butt is hurt easily, not our fault to pay for... I am sure you would camp trade for a longass while if u needed plat badly, as u cant get it in any other free way, but since this is obtainable by a free way that u don`t like, better twist it to our own good

PVP is a main part from WF, and a lot of people care about it, go to PVP feedback if u don`t believe that.... and if it wasn`t important, DE wouldn`t have released a 2.0 version with such priority, it was here even before Parkour 2.0, so this means it is a main part, and a lot of people care about it, not just some "Beggars" like you say, and quit releasing statements before ensuring them, that totally ruins your image and breaks down your cause....

Oy...you realize that they have a dedicated PvP team, right? And force? If the PvP community was really THAT small then they would have continued ignoring it...but in fact the pvp community is SO big that PvP was not only introduced...but had a 2.0 revamp made for it to give it dedicated balancing options.

Your post is based on what you think...and not on any facts whatsoever. 

Please try to back up your claims with sensical stuff instead of calling people that do PvP just beggars  or claiming that people are forced to play PvP when it would never be the case.

But somehow I feel like this is a debate I can never win in PvE forums aka general discussions. Because somehow it's totally cool if they add a weapon to the game that you are FORCED to farm for (Simaris) or pay THEIR price...but it would be uncool to give a tradeable weapon to the pvp crowd that would likely drop below the price of the Simulor in a very fast manner. 

Try making some sense, community. Simaris weapon indeed forces you to do something unless you want to pay a hefty plat amount while a tradeable syndicate weapon would allow you to do just that...get a good trade. No one says you have to buy it day 1 at a way overpriced value, eh? Prime sets day 1 can also cost 1000...and then they drop to sub 100 after a few weeks...this would be the same.

P.s. Not to mention in the case of Simaris...if you had done all the other parts for the story unlocks already and a new weapon comes you are pretty much boned...because then all you can do at a reasonable pace is farm the current target...and that might force you to run the same boring mission 5 times a day for 3+ days...but that's none of my business I guess.

Edited by Shehriazad

I personally do not like PVP, but I would certainly support a Syndana or other cosmetic that allows those players to show off their love/skill of PVP in the PVE sections of the games. I wouldn't even mind a Conclave Syndicate weapon as long as it was made tradeable just like the other Syndicate's weapons. This would allow access to everyone even if you don't "support" conclave. I own all Syndicate weapons and the ones I don't support, I traded for so that is definitely a viable route. No forcing anyone to play anything they don't like.

The Sigils certainly should cross over. It's a cosmetic and if a PVP player rather show that off than use Syndicate sigils for rep or the stock sigils from missions, I'd be completely fine with that. 

I personally do not like PVP, but I would certainly support a Syndana or other cosmetic that allows those players to show off their love/skill of PVP in the PVE sections of the games. I wouldn't even mind a Conclave Syndicate weapon as long as it was made tradeable just like the other Syndicate's weapons. This would allow access to everyone even if you don't "support" conclave. I own all Syndicate weapons and the ones I don't support, I traded for so that is definitely a viable route. No forcing anyone to play anything they don't like.

The Sigils certainly should cross over. It's a cosmetic and if a PVP player rather show that off than use Syndicate sigils for rep or the stock sigils from missions, I'd be completely fine with that. 

this sort of sense is missing from community... wish we had a bit more of this

Warframe is currently just another game that only grants the fun cosmetics to those who spend their time PvEing.

I really don't want to feel like a second-class citizen in Warframe so I'll stick to PvE and NOT get addicted to PvP... unless they add a cool syandana or something to at least give the illusion of competition. 

Honestly, PvP just feels so fake and worthless when nothing is on the line.

agreed on every part

about people claiming trading weapons is bad, that is an outrageous allegation, I got 5 weapons (3 secondaries, 2 primaries) from the other side, and I didnt get Hek yet cuz I don`t care, not because I can`t, Boltor is scheduled with a friend for a penta, so I can say I have that, fact u hate trading, then it is your problem

also, the fact we bear bugs, exploits, noobs, and a lot more S#&$ u find in PVP, we should get something that is for us, I don`t see someone who spams Draco endlessly understanding this, because PVP needs time to master, this type of players just like brain-dead spamming

there are exceptions of course, but most players I have met who do Draco frequently, are just noobs/entitled

1) No one here said anything about Draco, that's irrelevant. 

2) It would be different if there was another way to get it, but the problem is that this would make a weapon exclusive to one game mode, and would generally force other people to play it, or go to the trading channel begging.

3) PvP players are not the only ones that face bugs, exploits, and noobs, that's just about everyone in this game.

4) Just because you were able to easily get all of those weapons through trading, doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Edited by oldversions

Why do you want to show off to other people that you play PvP?

See? This is why i do not want PvP in Warframe.

Now im going to have to dirty my PvP Virgin eyes with T-bag sigils and Syandanas.

At best, give them PvP folks some sort of score board that it's on the rails so they can "show off" how good they have done.

1) No one here said anything about Draco, that's irrelevant. 

2) It would be different if there was another way to get it, but the problem is that this would make a weapon exclusive to one game mode, and would generally force other people to play it, or go to the trading channel begging.

3) PvP players are not the only ones that face bugs, exploits, and noobs, that's just about everyone in this game.

4) Just because you were able to easily get all of those weapons through trading, doesn't mean that everyone else does.

1- Draco=PVE, it was just a term

2- just like you are forced to join other syndicates or go trading, same idea

3- yes, but in PVP the competition is real, not just some dumbass AI

4- who said it was easy? i spent over 4 hours on trade to get them, truth is, Trade will always be so, for everything, not just this specific, weapon

and, what are we even fighting about? DE aren`t going to make one thanks to the amount of....... *people* disagreeing for absolutely no reason....

Why do you want to show off to other people that you play PvP?

See? This is why i do not want PvP in Warframe.

Now im going to have to dirty my PvP Virgin eyes with T-bag sigils and Syandanas.

At best, give them PvP folks some sort of score board that it's on the rails so they can "show off" how good they have done.

for me it`s not showing off, it`s because I want a reward for doing what I love, PVP feels like, not rewarding enough, u play PVP just to get better at it, no real reward that helps outside PVP, and this is why I see something like this will be good, not show off or anything

Oy...you realize that they have a dedicated PvP team, right? And force? If the PvP community was really THAT small then they would have continued ignoring it...but in fact the pvp community is SO big that PvP was not only introduced...but had a 2.0 revamp made for it to give it dedicated balancing options.

Your post is based on what you think...and not on any facts whatsoever.

And these people could instead be working on literally anything else instead. Art assets. Programming. Debugging. Etc, instead of a horrendously broken and limiting bottom of the barrel PVP system that no one wants to play. Especially when again, DE never wanted it in the first place. They only did it because people on the forums whined for it. Dark Sector conflicts were the only somewhat fun things we had for PvP because they had purpose behind them. And even then they weren't forced. You're literally asking for DE to hide content behind grinding PVP. It's dumb.

And about your comparison to Simaris; u fkin wot m8?

Choosing to scan stuff to learn more about the game world and having some goodies at the end for it is pretty different from sitting through repetitive PvP nonsense for hours and hours on end. Simaris doesn't ask me to fork over a forma or two potatoes either. How is he even remotely comparable to the conclave loser with a bowl on his head?

Oh right, he isn't at all. Sure Simaris lore is terrible and looks like bad fanfiction, but he's not asking me to waste hours of my time in a terrible game mode as well as well as valuable items just to get his weapon or scanner upgrades or Helios power up. Scanning is something I can just choose to do while I play any form of PVE content. PEEEEEVEEEPEEEE isn't.

PVE players who are crying about it being exclusive to PVP because they hate PVP, obviously play PVE, which is mainly nothing but Void/OD/Draco

The toxicity already emanating from the pvp crowd in this thread who try to advocate in favor of special pvp only weapons is already proof that something like this should never see the light of day. Already we see the  "pvpers" belittling people playing other game modes.

Every single game had its toxicity between players sky rocket the more emphasis was put on pvp. The WF community has already gone down hill we do not need it to hit rock bottom like the communities of other games just to care for some minority.

Cosmetics, sigils all fine and dandy, anything else, no.  

PVP is a main part from WF, and a lot of people care about it, go to PVP feedback if u don`t believe that.... and if it wasn`t important, DE wouldn`t have released a 2.0 version with such priority, it was here even before Parkour 2.0, so this means it is a main part, and a lot of people care about it, not just some "Beggars" like you say, and quit releasing statements before ensuring them, that totally ruins your image and breaks down your cause....

I'm pretty sure a rework of an entire movement system that affects every aspect of how the game plays, including your beloved PEEEVEEEPEEE, is going to take a lot more development time than shoving 8 people in a room so that they can kill eachother or pick up boxes. So yes, it would take longer to release than something that can be made on a saturday morning.

Thank you for sharing your understanding of game development though.