Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All The Syndicates Now Offer Weapons And Decorations...poor Teshin.

Shehriazad

I do love seeing in Warframe and so many other MMOs how the PvE community berates the neglected PvP communiy for desiring attention. Try looking at things from someone else's point of view now and then.

Same thing happens in pvp focused games, but much worse. Pvp players berate and harass pve players for wanting pve only servers, safe zones and other pve things  because it changes the game they love.

I don't see anything wrong with cosmetics and/or skins that can be worn in both PvE and PvP, nothing wrong with a bit of flaunting IMO. I'm not so sure about entirely new weapons though, unless they were PvP only (and even then it would have to be pretty fine tuned so that it's neither too weak nor to strong for a PvP setting).

-snip-

Don't you dare try to blame the toxicity in the community on PVPers. We all know it was very much alive without it in the form of mastery rank epeen, meta-squad pushers, extremely self-entitled players, and people that don't want DE to balance/fix broken parts of the game.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Same thing happens in pvp focused games, but much worse. Pvp players berate and harass pve players for wanting pve only servers, safe zones and other pve things  because it changes the game they love.

I don't see how adding a Teshin-themed syandana (based on a character that wouldn't exist without PvP) somehow changes the game I love.

I don't see how adding a Teshin-themed syandana (based on a character that wouldn't exist without PvP) somehow changes the game I love.

There are two arguments here:

Giving Teshin an exclusive cosmetic or a few cosmetics, as well as upgrading the current ones to be usable in PVE missions, minus any rep gain. Everyone here agrees that these should be a thing.

Giving Teshin an exclusive weapon... Making a weapon a PVP exclusive... That's where the fighting is at. I have said it several times, but I am fine with giving Teshin a weapon, as long as it is obtainable via a PVE route, ideally a slow but non-RNG method like through clantech.

One big point in this debate; Mastery Rank is definitely a PVE metric. Giving Teshin a unique weapon would be locking some Mastery Affinity behind PVP, locking a purely PVE feature behind a purely PVP grindwall.

Edited by Kthal

because PVP needs time to master,

Yeah sure fellow the meta and win the game the team with the most of the meta always win and that is IF you get a full team.

I try the PVP here and it suck here's why:

unbalance team 4 against 1 woa much balance

One hit weapon everywere

Pers to pers type match

map that can fit in my pocket literally

Power that are unavoidable.

there's no skill there's just a bunch of people running around shooting at each other hoping to kill the other guy faster than he could.

So in resume, No tactic, no skill, no brain, just like the rest of the game.

Now, on the main topic if the pvp player want a new shiny thing to show off make it un-treadable and conclave use only and no mastery in it. So people don't complain (ya all will anyway) that they have to play in the conclave to get new useless or shiny new toy

Yeah sure fellow the meta and win the game the team with the most of the meta always win and that is IF you get a full team.

I try the PVP here and it suck here's why:

unbalance team 4 against 1 woa much balance

One hit weapon everywere

Pers to pers type match

map that can fit in my pocket literally

Power that are unavoidable.

there's no skill there's just a bunch of people running around shooting at each other hoping to kill the other guy faster than he could.

So in resume, No tactic, no skill, no brain, just like the rest of the game.

since I have been quoted, I am coming back to this swamp

I don`t use any meta weapons (vectis p and Twin Grakata), and a lot of people don`t, yes you will find some bad matches, pretty much like everything, and with this build, I have won these 4 on 1 matches, and they all had kittags and Scidnos and kept spamming me with jump attacks, the final result was 14-6 for me, more than double, the fact you weren`t good enough to fit in, that is your fault, not the PVP`s

no weapon does one hits except heavy weapons` jump attacks, which are easy to avoid and kill their user

if u mean peer to peer, yes that is one of the things i will agree to that needs a change

all powers are avoidable, again, you are not good enough, don`t blame the game, I can easily, almost dead brain dodge Absorb, Tornadoes, Stomp, Hysteria, Exalted blade, and a lot more, only one inevitable is reckoning, which has been nerfed, no longer works as stunlock and range reduced

Maps are small? which one exactly? all annihilation maps are big as heck, with exception for the Grineer Galleon, which is not that small either...

there is skill if u know how to use non-meta weapons, if u don`t, then of course it won`t take skill -_-

there are tactics, like camping (don`t judge that, it is a tactic), close combat, long shots, sacrificing for the team`s sake, all this and more, and u say no tactics? I think u didn`t try PVP from the first place....

and if u think it needs no tactics, no brains, like the rest of the game, why are you even playing it?? if that is how u find it, then u are doing something wrong, and shouldn`t really be one to judge PVP.....

yes you will find some bad matches

SOME? Literally every full match I've played has had at least one Braton Prime, Twin Grakata, Jat Kittag and/or Galatine.

I roll (mainly) with a Frost P, Vectis P, Vasto P and Scindo P and play defensively in PvP. The skill doesn't come from what you, it comes from your ability to adapt to what your enemies use. I roll with "anti-meta" gear just to p!ss those types of people off; Vectis for long range, Vasto for close range/on the move, and Scindo for when they try to Jat Kittag my face in.

However, I've played the game long enough to have such items whereas people new to PvP are attacked by them and forced to either give up with PvP or follow the meta to succeed. And there you have it, the vicious cycle-- the reason there's hardly any skill to PvP.

Additionally, the PvP maps are pretty small. Most are designed with medium/close range combat in mind, meaning I only fully use Vectis on like 2 maps.

On topic: I'd have to disagree with any weapons that are given as a reward to PvP. Cosmetics however, seem fine to me.

Cosmetic Items would be fine but actual gameplay relevant Items like Weapons? No defintily not. Quiet a fe wof us don't play PvP for various Reasons and don't want to. And Teshin exclusiv Weapons would force People to play PvP which isn't close to a good idea. Again cosmetics, im fine with that but no weapons or augments that can be used outside of PvP.

What the hell did I just read?

I gathered from that that you don't PvP, therefore you believe that there shouldn't be any "relevant" weapons associated with PvP because that would "force" you to participate in something you don't do now? I believe the OP said that their belief was that the PvP Syndicate should have cosmetics and weapons just as every other syndicate does. Stands to reason considering that the PvE Syndicates do. The relevancy of these things are going to be subject to PvE/PvP and player perspective anyway, why not give PvPers something to aspire to like the rest of us have?

And God forbid that DE would put something in the game that would give us a reason to play another aspect of their game...

Oy...you realize that they have a dedicated PvP team, right? And force? If the PvP community was really THAT small then they would have continued ignoring it...but in fact the pvp community is SO big that PvP was not only introduced...but had a 2.0 revamp made for it to give it dedicated balancing options.

Your post is based on what you think...and not on any facts whatsoever. 

Please try to back up your claims with sensical stuff instead of calling people that do PvP just beggars  or claiming that people are forced to play PvP when it would never be the case.

But somehow I feel like this is a debate I can never win in PvE forums aka general discussions. Because somehow it's totally cool if they add a weapon to the game that you are FORCED to farm for (Simaris) or pay THEIR price...but it would be uncool to give a tradeable weapon to the pvp crowd that would likely drop below the price of the Simulor in a very fast manner. 

Try making some sense, community. Simaris weapon indeed forces you to do something unless you want to pay a hefty plat amount while a tradeable syndicate weapon would allow you to do just that...get a good trade. No one says you have to buy it day 1 at a way overpriced value, eh? Prime sets day 1 can also cost 1000...and then they drop to sub 100 after a few weeks...this would be the same.

P.s. Not to mention in the case of Simaris...if you had done all the other parts for the story unlocks already and a new weapon comes you are pretty much boned...because then all you can do at a reasonable pace is farm the current target...and that might force you to run the same boring mission 5 times a day for 3+ days...but that's none of my business I guess.

I think the reason most are fine with the farming it from simaris is that it isn't based on pvp its based on using a system in the game that has been apart of it for quite a bit of time we already have to fight DE for stuff I would like to not have to fight other players for stuff as well.

The toxicity already emanating from the pvp crowd in this thread who try to advocate in favor of special pvp only weapons is already proof that something like this should never see the light of day. Already we see the  "pvpers" belittling people playing other game modes.

Every single game had its toxicity between players sky rocket the more emphasis was put on pvp. The WF community has already gone down hill we do not need it to hit rock bottom like the communities of other games just to care for some minority.

Cosmetics, sigils all fine and dandy, anything else, no.  

Wow. 

1) The toxicity I am seeing most is from PvE players trying to dictate what they think should be allowed in a game mode that they themselves don't even play.

2) The Warframe community could benefit from people using more logic in everyday situations. Let me help you - 

A) If every other Syndicate has weapons and syndanas, why wouldn't PvP?

B) As part of the same game, why wouldn't you be happy to see people have more reason to come to/enjoy the game that you do?

C) If you only play PvE, or only PvP, then what the hell does it matter what the other side is doing, or what they get?

Not every weapon available in PvE is available in PvP either. The entire point here is that things that balance the game and bring people into the community should not be so easily dismissed. I know people care about this game passionately, and as such, people on the outside looking in just see *@##$ing and whining in forums. But when people start just dismissing as you have ("Anything else, no.") that is where the problem really is, and that is what breeds the toxicity you brought up.

The toxicity already emanating from the pvp crowd in this thread who try to advocate in favor of special pvp only weapons is already proof that something like this should never see the light of day. Already we see the  "pvpers" belittling people playing other game modes.

Every single game had its toxicity between players sky rocket the more emphasis was put on pvp. The WF community has already gone down hill we do not need it to hit rock bottom like the communities of other games just to care for some minority.

Cosmetics, sigils all fine and dandy, anything else, no.  

I'm pretty sure that this thread is full of PVE-only players calling PvPers beggars and whiners... so you can't really claim that toxicity is a PvP player problem...toxicity seems to be aproblem as soon as the word PvP is even mentioned...but it's just as much of a problem for PvE players by the looks of it. *cough*

And I'm still not sure why PvE players are so adamant on trying to even deny us our own Syandana...heck...we can't even show off our Sigils...aside from the fact that there isn't much to show off.

I think the reason most are fine with the farming it from simaris is that it isn't based on pvp its based on using a system in the game that has been apart of it for quite a bit of time we already have to fight DE for stuff I would like to not have to fight other players for stuff as well.

As far as I'm concerned PvP has been in the game longer than scanning. 

EDIT: And YES, we (the pvp/ve and pvp only players) totally get that not everyone (or even the majority) doesn't like doing PvP...but that shouldn't mean that we cannot have any nice things...especially not after DE already dedicated such massive efforts to bring in a completely seperate balancing and maps just for pvp.

Edited by Shehriazad

I'm pretty sure that this thread is full of PVE-only players calling PvPers beggars and whiners... so you can't really claim that toxicity is a PvP player problem...toxicity seems to be aproblem as soon as the word PvP is even mentioned...but it's just as much of a problem for PvE players by the looks of it. *cough*

And I'm still not sure why PvE players are so adamant on trying to even deny us our own Syandana...heck...we can't even show off our Sigils...aside from the fact that there isn't much to show off.

As far as I'm concerned PvP has been in the game longer than scanning. 

EDIT: And YES, we (the pvp/ve and pvp only players) totally get that not everyone (or even the majority) doesn't like doing PvP...but that shouldn't mean that we cannot have any nice things...especially not after DE already dedicated such massive efforts to bring in a completely seperate balancing and maps just for pvp.

I could care less about a cape or armor from pvp or sigils I care about a weapon if that weapon were to stay pvp only I would have no issue with it but that doesn't sound like what you want.

It's probably better that way. It wouldn't be good to force players that dislike PvP to play it just to get a special item. Games that do that sort of thing (looking at Neverwinter) often become less fun very quick, especially if the PvP is extremely unbalanced. On top of that, it was hard enough to get the 6 base syndicate primaries through trading, enough that it was more economical for me to betray my first 3 syndicates after I had all their weapons, rather than troll the trading channel to find someone willing to trade.

Also, are we calling the exilius adapters tomatoes now?

this, and i dont wanna be forced to play a extra pvp-warframe, it eats too much time which i dont have

I'm a warframe PVE player and I have to say that the hostility and toxicity is coming from the PVE players towards the PVP players. 

i dont think so

Edited by mordechai_

Oh dear, where to begin. For starters, why have a PvP exclusively obtained weapon be tradeable if your goal is to show off how you love to "feast on the corpses of other Tenno"? Secondly PvP and PvE are not comparable in the discernment of equal tradeoff.
You see, there is this thing called latency. Depending on node behavior on one end, everything can seem fine to you yet on someone elses end they are lighting you up like a christmas tree, then a few seconds later the other player who is none the wiser, drops dead. In pvp, you aren`t just fighting an enemy with set behavioral patterns like in PvE, you are fighting the latency of your opponent in pvp and relying more on prediction.

Our global or even domestic communications don`t usually share satisfactory enough symmetry in such an environment. Most people here don`t feel like wasting their time in Prediction vs Player, especially in a game that changes so sporadically as this one.

Then there is the fact that PvP is so underdeveloped by comparison to PvE. Its faster to PvE for standing or creds to build a weapon or frame or something or other. Its better to just build a weapon for mastery points than be reliant on some other player being around enough and better than them at predicting so as to get the measley amount of standing that Teshin gives in a day.
I don`t think even Destiny has a weapon that is only obtained through PvP.
Even Simaris is better as it doesn`t interfere with other syndicates, and I can fulfill those Simaris missions in the middle of many other missions.

I don`t even see how mastery ranks are actually comparable to this idea as the weapon obtained from Teshin`s club would no doubt be mastery locked as well. If we are comparing mastery to PvP standing, then PvP is lacking. Mastery has about 6 pools it ranks from and there is no limit to how much affinity xp you can get in a day, with a variety of missions to get this xp in as well, as opposed to one, such as the case with pvping.

The only way I would accept Teshins club having an exclusive weapon is if the way to obtain it is through sparring with Teshin himself and him dropping random parts. Otherwise just do cosmetics.

Edited by UrielColtan

A mainly PvE player here. Just gonna throw in my opinion

1) unique cosmetic items such as sigil and syndana are fine. Its your reward for managing to get that far with teshin. These should also allow full display outside of pvp.

2) no unique weapons for pvp that allows for extra master points. Im saying this for several reasons

- whether its good or not, mastery points are something people do care about.

- someone mentioned simaris having a syndicate weapon at the moment. May i remind you that his “syndicate weapon” is the simulor, which can be obtained from the market.

- pvp is still a completely seperate game mode that isn't part of the core game. Its rep must be earned within its own game mode and only from its game modes. The 6 syndicates and simaris rep can technically be obtained from the same node.

Edited by 321agemo

I could care less about a cape or armor from pvp or sigils I care about a weapon if that weapon were to stay pvp only I would have no issue with it but that doesn't sound like what you want.

Eeeh but I'm pretty sure if it's some super cool weapon people would suddenly ask for that weapon to be available in PvE...plus it would not make DE enough money to make PvP only weapons...because even I know that the majority of players is PvE focused...and while the PvP crowd definitely seems to be growing, it's not quite there yet.

this, and i dont wanna be forced to play a extra pvp-warframe, it eats too much time which i dont have

You could just fork up plat for it in the end. I don't make exilus adapters anyway, either I get it free or I use plat to buy it.

There's also the fact that you don't really have to play it at all, how many people really play archwing anyway? Extra content for PvP is fine, just make it tradeable.

Edited by ivlr3vil