Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So The New "brawler" Frame Is Actually An Earth Elemental Frame.

Mak_Gohae

Pretty much like previous frames, the internal name does not actually mean what they end up with.

His power are

A one-shot Slash-n-Dash that gets stronger with continuous casting and hits. 

A spectral scream that turns people to stone.

A stone shield like volt's elec shield but he can push it as turn it into a boulder that does damage.

And he summons a couple of angels from Noah that go around attacking. If you didnt see Noah they are rock humanoid things.  

When i heard brawler i was expecting the dude to be punching, kicking, and suplexing people in the face.

But we ended up with just another normal frame with just some casting abilities.

At least he didnt get any aura powers.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

On behalf of the Design Council - WHETHER THEY WANT ME TO OR NOT - I apologize that Atlas isn't named Golem.

Atlas is a stupid name for this frame, and we all feel stupid for thinking it was fitting. The name SHOULD have been Golem.

WE WILL TRY TO DO BETTER IN THE FUTURE.

*glares as Design Council*

Edited by Morec0

On behalf of the Design Council - WHETHER THEY WANT ME TO OR NOT - I apologize that Atlas isn't named Golem.

Atlas is a stupid name for this frame, and we all feel stupid for thinking it was fitting. The name SHOULD have been Golem.

*shrugs*

Speak for yourself and yourself only, the ammount of votes say otherwise. Edited by RahuHordika

I was hoping for fist of the North Star instead we get darude sandstorm lol

*shrugs*

summed up nicely

i think he is cool but definitely shouldnt be called a brawler frame. anyways if we did end up having a brawler frame it wouldve just been a valkyr clone, except with no good background lore and slow.

Valkyr isnt a hand-to-hand frame.

Now we have noah frame

what have we done.....

Well, we also got the Monkey King so... two frames based on characters from religious stories.

Sorry for thinking that Golem is a horrid name, because it is.

Pulling names from mythology isn't new in Warframe. Excalibur says hello.

Well, we also got the Monkey King so... two frames based on characters from religious stories.

Atlas is from general Greek mythology. Wukong comes from a Chinese novel with some ties to Taosim.

Neither one is all that religious in comparison to something like David and the Goliath.

I Didn't vote on it. Terra would have been more fitting. 

Sorry for thinking that Golem is a horrid name, because it is.

Pulling names from mythology isn't new in Warframe. Excalibur says hello.

I never said it was, in fact Golem comes from Jewish mythology.

But let's look at the lineup:

Nyx

Nekros

Zephyr

Chroma

and NOW Atlas?

How much more GREEK do we need in this game? Latin is overdone and boring already in fiction, we don't need it overflowing from every pour of Warframe.  Let's pull in something else! Wukong is a good example! Chinese background!

That's all I'm saying. Give the OTHER cultures of the world some representation.

Psst, allow me to let you in on something, we already have someone relevant named Golem (or well, going to have) in the game, redundant name is redundant.

J3-Golem

The addition makes the difference.

We have more direct names with Nyx and Oberon nodes - but that doesn't stop those names from being shared with two Warframes.

I'm just saying. Would have been better than ATLAS. Come on people, read something OTHER than Greek for once...

@Morec0

Even with those two adittions the focus word of the name is clearly Golem, besides you're comparing a boss, a significant entity in the game to two nodes out of all, whose existence might as well be ignored.

Also not only are obviously a lot more people in disagreement with you, but if it upsets you so much then blame DE for making it an option to begin with.

Edited by RahuHordika

I think he could be pretty 'brawly' if you ask me.

Summon some pals , gear up with first power and go to town on a mob.

Throw up shields to not get taken out from afar and roll them out to flatten them for finishers.

Turn them to stone to make easy work out of them.

Sweet.