Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good News From Devstream 60

-Sandman

Happy to see archwing being removed from under the carpet. Really excited to see how the inproved aw leveling works out.

The news on the multishot rework is also very promising, particularly the part where players may be compensated for item losses.

Happy to see arcane fixes too.

Guess DE finally sees that a happy community = more millions.

Edit: please migrate if thread is in wrong place.

Edited by SandmanTT

*flips through EULA*

Although it does suck to lose stuff you paid for they can't hold back a potentially awesome change because some people bought mods for their own convenience.

This.

The terms we agreed to before having the chance to even pay DE basically state everything in game is their property (even your account,) and they can do what ever the f*** they want with it.  This includes EVERYTHING, such as some... more controversial items, but let's not go there for a change.

Most anyoine can do is get over it or walk away from the game.  However, losing Serration and having that built INTO our weapons instead is kind of a big win for modding variety, if not precisely the kind of win Warframe really needs if players want balanced and challenging enemies.  We're simply not going to get those as long as numbers keep climbing all over the place.

Edited by Littleman88

I think DE is starting to embrace the root problems surrounding Warframe, and that's a good thing.

Archwing, for one thing, was horrible, and I couldn't be bothered with it. My Odonata, Imperator and Veritux are still sitting inside my inventory at rank 10.

Serration, Split Chamber and Damage mods were sort of like 'staples' for every mod build, and thus made it very bland. I personally can't see how DE can balance it out, but I bet it's gonna be good. But keep heavy Caliber. It allows you to choose between head shots or just pure damage output.

It's about time DE had stopped procrastinating and actually improved their game.

And it's about to get a lot better. Thanks, DE.

I think DE is starting to embrace the root problems surrounding Warframe, and that's a good thing.

Archwing, for one thing, was horrible, and I couldn't be bothered with it. My Odonata, Imperator and Veritux are still sitting inside my inventory at rank 10.

Serration, Split Chamber and Damage mods were sort of like 'staples' for every mod build, and thus made it very bland. I personally can't see how DE can balance it out, but I bet it's gonna be good. But keep heavy Caliber. It allows you to choose between head shots or just pure damage output.

It's about time DE had stopped procrastinating and actually improved their game.

And it's about to get a lot better. Thanks, DE.

Inherent scaling through weapon type experience pooling with an extension of the already existing Mastery Rank System is how.

Taking away the 3 staple damage mods and making it Max equivalent by ranking a weapon to 30 is simply too easy compared to the time and effort and resources current players have invested. The answer is to make the weapon experience gained toward mastery rank relevant. If every weapon gaines you 15,000 experience by ranking to 30, then the benchmark would 4 weapons/60,000 exp to get the equivalent of one rank increase. That would mean 60 weapons of a given type ranked to 30 would be needed to get the equivalent of a max 14/+165% damage Serration (rank 1 is the bonus equivalent for equipping the Mod).

Suddenly MR weapon restriction wouldn't matter anymore and MR becomes more relevant in general.

A newer player that gets hold of a Boltor Prime that has only ranked 8 primaries to 30 can't match the damage potential of a veteran that has ranked 60 primaries and is using the exact same weapon load out.

*flips through EULA*

Although it does suck to lose stuff you paid for they can't hold back a potentially awesome change because some people bought mods for their own convenience.

EULA only protects the company against legal action, not against consumer dissatisfaction.

If the upcoming changes result in dramatic alteration to a lot of weapons and mods, they should (and probably will, i guess) give a little hand to players that have invested a LOT of time, forma or resources to help ease the transition.

In some f2p mmorpgs that use point based skill trees you can buy convenience items that reset your points in case you want to try different builds and stuff. Well, when the devs change or rebalance that skill tree dramatically its not uncommon to receive a free reset so you can adapt to the changes, so I don't see why they can't do something similar here.

They can "reset" the progress done by a number of players giving only the middle finger in exchange, but that can backfire pretty hard, and no one wants that.

Just my opinion, anyway. We dont know how radical the changes are going to be.

This.

The terms we agreed to before having the chance to even pay DE basically state everything in game is their property (even your account,) and they can do what ever the f*** they want with it. This includes EVERYTHING, such as some... more controversial items, but let's not go there for a change.

Most anyoine can do is get over it or walk away from the game. However, losing Serration and having that built INTO our weapons instead is kind of a big win for modding variety, if not precisely the kind of win Warframe really needs if players want balanced and challenging enemies. We're simply not going to get those as long as numbers keep climbing all over the place.

What variety? I don't care about serration. But, the mod system is an upgrade system not a customization system. Ammo size? Reload? Zoom? Silencers? It's really low on utility.

And maxed serration should never have been tradable. Work to max it out, it's part of the game that gets skipped.

And I'm not even sure if DE cares about the power creep. Think about it. The Soma is an amazing tool of death. Then we get the soma prime, what the hell? I am surprised Baro didn't sell primed serration

What variety? I don't care about serration. But, the mod system is an upgrade system not a customization system. Ammo size? Reload? Zoom? Silencers? It's really low on utility.

And maxed serration should never have been tradable. Work to max it out, it's part of the game that gets skipped.

And I'm not even sure if DE cares about the power creep. Think about it. The Soma is an amazing tool of death. Then we get the soma prime, what the hell? I am surprised Baro didn't sell primed serration

Maxing a primed serration would be hell.