The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oro Stealing

Rubbertubtub01

tpJKOo9.jpg

Now, as most of you know, this stuff ^^ is frustrating. A friend and i have arrived at a solution to the problem of Oro stealing. 

There should be a mod to purchase from Tenshin that will not allow other players to pick up your Oro for 10 or so seconds. This mod could be put on either a specific weapon or your warframe. It would be nice to get the XP from 34 Oro instead of 20.

If anything, make it like 3-5 seconds at max rank. 10 seconds is far too long.

Personally, though, I'd rather not have a mod like that. I love the Oro stealing mechanic. It doesn't matter who wins or loses the match, really, but it adds another dynamic to the game. You can swoop in and steal others (even though this often happens on accident), or you can try to catch the guys trying to steal yours.

Leaving Oro from your latest catch as bait for an ambush is really darn great.

You can't get xp from 34 oro in an annihilation though. You actually get less xp from 25 oro + 25 kills than 20 oro and 34 kills.

also this

Camper or not, it doesn't matter when some other scrub is glued to the same enemy with martial magnetism, pretty much ensuring he's going to pick up the oro first whether he gets the kill or not.

Well, that has more to do with the PvPers than the mechanics of the system. I personally avoid picking up oro I didn't earn, but since I'm a melee player you may notice that is kinda difficult. I feel better when my kill count and oro count match, even if I'm at the bottom.

Well, my suggestion is that this mod is available for a frame, primary, secondary, melee. Only one can be equipped. So put it on a primary, a kill with a primary weapon will grant 10 seconds of Oro protection, while a secondary / Frame / Melee kill will make the Oro unprotected. 

I think that will be balanced. 

that sounds pretty good, like only the weapon with the mod will grant the protection. But 10 seconds really. I would say it is a 3 rank mod no light bubbles means 1 second then 2 then 3 then 4. if you can see the person then there is a good chance you can get there in under 4 seconds and most people will just move on as soon as they realize they cant pick it up anyways. 

Also the oro floats towards you which makes it even easier

Edited by Lordricker

Even though I'm playing melee only, I still manage to end up with more kills than oro's once in a while. But I never ended up with an extreme difference such as yours, nor have I ever seen one.

So, is this something that happens to you a lot?

Sometimes 3 or 4 people dies from that explosion mod. Then you see like 4 Oro's lying around. That kind of things happens.

Sometimes 3 or 4 people dies from that explosion mod. Then you see like 4 Oro's lying around. That kind of things happens.

Indeed, I've even seen it happen without that mod.

Saw a melee-gang-bang and all 3 guys just killed eachother at the same time.

It does happen, but I haven't seen anyone loosing that many oro's before (as shown in the screenshot above).

I mean, sure 1 to 3 oro's difference, but not 10-15.

Makes you wonder if it happens often enough (to this degree) to call it out as an issue.

Unless OP is saying that he can't stand loosing even one oro.

Indeed, I've even seen it happen without that mod.

Saw a melee-gang-bang and all 3 guys just killed eachother at the same time.

It does happen, but I haven't seen anyone loosing that many oro's before (as shown in the screenshot above).

I mean, sure 1 to 3 oro's difference, but not 10-15.

Makes you wonder if it happens often enough (to this degree) to call it out as an issue.

Unless OP is saying that he can't stand loosing even one oro.

Well i sometimes win like that while playing like a total pleb. I just run inside the gunfire, eventually picking out peoples oro's. Some people insulted me for that but it was fun actually.

I kinda have a love/hate relationship with this, in one hand i can pick up peoples oro's and win without even trying, on the other hand my oros gets stolen like no tomorrow.

I'd suggest maybe 2 seconds of untouchability for Oro's, so that people can get their oro's if they are in the close vicinity.

I've never seen a match won by sneaking around stealing Oro's, or the scoreboard with a player with little or no kills but all or the majority of the Oro.

It's annoying sometimes, but for the OP don't you generally win every match anyway? Winning and still complaining..