Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Underrated Weapon Do You Use Often?

_Azeizel

I don't know if these are actually underrated but I'm the only one I know who brings them to T4 regularly:

-Lecta

-Opticor

-Lanka

-Torid

-Phage

-Serro

-Glaxion

-Quanta (it became somewhat popular when the Vandal came out, then disappeared from pubs)

I kinda regret selling the Stug... that thing was hella fun but I was poor back then so I didn't keep it.

Maybe I'll rebuild it and pump it full of Forma.

Panthera. Cause all the gore! >:)

And it's not even bad, you just need to use it on the right 'frames (Ash is great for it, with his Smoke Screen and Teleport)

Going further, I'd like to add more weapons (there certainly are a whole bunch of fun weapons in this game! :D )

Primaries:

* Dera. The perfect accuracy and zero recoil makes it SO smooth to use. It's a bit weak and the long reload is disappointing though. I can't wait to get ahold of the Dera Vandal though, I think it's gonna be my #1 Primary!

* Latrons (all of them). While maybe not underrated, these rifles are SO much fun to use imo. Latron Prime is my most used of this series (and my most used Primary too), but Latron Wraith is gonna surpass it soon, for one simple reason: DAT SOUND! Its sound is much closer to the original Latron, which has a beastly sound. Great weapon, but probably not underrated though :P

Secondaries:

* AkStiletto are awesome and were my favourite secondary for a LONG time (and my most used weapon of them all too, go figure). Rapid fire, great accuracy, non-existant reload (with cool animations too), great status and ok damage. Perfect for rapidly clearing starchart missions imo.

* Kraken sounds, feels and looks awesome. Very underrated. Only thing truly holding it back is its bad reloadtime.

Melee:

* Scoliac. Always liked this whip a lot, was always one of my favs. But now after the fix of melee range and the loss of stamina (allowing you to sprint+attack with it, as well as slideattack frequently)... oh boy is this my new fav melee. Long and wide reach, high attackspeed, nice damage (especially with invis characters and using slide attacks, it HURTS GOOD!), and if doing slide attacks, the damage and reach are absolutely absurd. I used to use Glaive Prime for stealth missions, but Scoliac surpasses it for safe and quick killing in stealth now, imo. Slideattacking into crowds (in stealth or otherwise) is both so satisfying AND powerful with the Scoliac. I can REALLY recommend this weapon!

Archweapons:

* Fluctus. Spammable, huge hitbox, nice damage. Very solid and fun to use.

Kraken is one of the only weapons in the game with a satisfying sound, which is probably why I use it a lot. I'm also trying to get the Akjagara mostly because of how amazing it looks

If you like "meatier"  sound, I can recommend the Hek, Buzlok and Latron (regular and Wraith Latron only, the Prime sounds like if it has subsonic rounds, although it has more powerful shots than the other two) Awesome sounds on all of these, and they are all powerful weapons too (Hek very much so, obviously).

Edited by Azamagon

Seer, i've been using it since i started playing because i wanted a trophy for killing vor and it's useful unlike the prime pistols.

If this was a contest... I think you just won.

Atterax all the way 

Simulor and now the synoid version

And i really want to love the Ignis, but i only use it with Ember or low level misions

Would the fact that the Ignis can detonate missiles help? Think it has to still do Heat damage for it to detonate them, but imagine the gratification you would get from roasting a Bombard, and anytime he shoots, it blows up in his face. Your revenge on the Corrupted Bombards for being introduced to T3 and T4.