Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think We Should Get Gp (Pre Nerf) Back After The Mesa Changes?

_Rue_

The problem started with Mesa and now that she's getting a rework, why not bring back GP (pre nerf)?

Abandoning topic.

Reactions to hostile and most are unjustified.

Just because I ask it doesn't mean i want it. The Question pas posed an i'm wondering what people think about it.

Maybe i'll present it better next time. tsk tsk tsk,.

Edited by _Rue_

Because it would put Mag right back to where she was before they fixed the problem.

If you really want to be lazy about resource collection, just buy a whole bunch of plat and drop by the market, otherwise, get ready to work for your due. Even if work is just walking around getting everything off the ground

you could, if:

the Range of pulling items was 50% of Pull's Range.

Greedy Pull no longer removed Line of Sight restrictions on Pulling Enemies.

because as it is, Greedy Pull is still powercreep for Mag. there's no reason to not Equip it. Pull immediately becomes superior to all of your other Abilities if Polarize can't cheese all of the Enemies.

we still have a ways to go with Greedy Pull for it to not be creating the 'lazy uneducated playstyle' that people seem to harp that Greedy Pull no longer creates. it still does.

Edited by taiiat

No, I don't think so.

Even in its current state, Greedy Pull is a mod that feeds itself and it's that mechanic which promotes sitting in one spot and using it repeatedly. Mesa's Peacemaker was the most convenient method to leverage this mechanic - but it's far from the only one.

I agree with your second point.

So how does Mag encourage lazy play?

You simply stand in one place and press the one button over and over until things die and energy comes your way naturally. You literally don't have to do anything else. The inaction is prolonged if you were supplying another frame also standing in one place spamming their ult, thus increasing the amount of energy coming your way.

I agree with your second point.

So how does Mag encourage lazy play?

You can try it in the void survival/defense, 4 Corrosive projection, 1 mag/prime with max range/max effiency/some strenght if possible and the augment. Get teammates to pop the bubbles, spam 2, kill everything, press 1, collect oxygen. And you voila, you killed a room without moving one inch, use only one of your fingers, and move occasionally so the AFK system doesn't block your energy flow. And the only disadvantage to that tactic is? Your teammates need energy. And if it's something other than survival, it's even easier since you can just get a trin to refill teammate energy.

In a game where keeping it moving is the best option, mag with the augment totally goes against that. Is it bad? Kinda, since you're doing nothing but press 1 button.

so based on the posts lazy play is:

You simply stand in one place and press the one button over and over until things die and energy comes your way naturally. You literally don't have to do anything else. The inaction is prolonged if you were supplying another frame also standing in one place spamming their ult, thus increasing the amount of energy coming your way.

So EV doesn't encourage these things?

How are these frames (powers) different?

How come Mag was easily replaced by EV Trin in Draco if GP WAS the problem?

When There was greedy pull your Draco team was MAG, Mesa, Nekros and Frost. Post nerf, we had Mesa, EV Trin, Frost, Leecher (any frame that needs ranks). Why is EV okay and GP not okay?

So are we saying the Meta with a +1 Leecher is better than the team of necessary Warframes needed to fuel Mesa pre GP nerf?

I'm not asking a nerf to EV, I'm asking people to think of why Greedy Pull is worse than EV.

What aspect of GP was bad? The energy pulling? The Loot Pulling? the fact that it pulled to 1 place? The fact that what ever was pulled was shared?

Now.

In a game where keeping it moving is the best option, mag with the augment totally goes against that. Is it bad? Kinda, since you're doing nothing but press 1 button.

Look at the raids and tell me people are ALWAYS moving there and NEVER spamming powers "pressing 1 button".

What confuses me is how people can say this is what you're supposed to do regarding 1 thing (Mag, Draco) and say it's okay to do the similar things (raids)

I believe there player that will take advantage of Greedy Pull.

Macro can be installed to just spam 4 and make it move to the next wave

Set a timer and leave it for a hour.

???

Creds and resources for free.

Your teammate is working hard and you're not. Greedy Pull should not come back. Ever.