The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Truly Heavy Weapons?

Razercase

What do you guys think about truly heavy weapons?  As in, physically large and stronger than normal, but either make you move slower or take up your primary, secondary and melee slots?  Hek, archwing weapons could even be enabled for use on the ground with some sort of penalty like this.  

I'm kind of wondering what the purpose might be. I mean - 5 forma in a Kulstar is a pretty devestating heavy weapon, high forma Tonkor - heavy weapon capable of killing a lot of enemies.  Why carry something heavier and slower that forces sacrifice when I can already kill more efficiently with something I have?

Not saying the idea doesn't intruigue - I giggled w/ joy the first time I was under water firing the Grattler up at Grineer on the walkways above. 

Not very ninja though.. walking around w/ a flak cannon strapped to your hip.

Edited by RamPuppy

I used the Fluctus and Grattler on Uranus Survival, jumped into the water and kept shooting out, the damage I was doing was insane, specially with Fluctus' infinite punch-through in its range.

Arch-Guns would break the normal game, but I'm not sure on the Arch-Melees.

I would like to see weapons with a "penalty" system tbh, But arch-wing weapons I do believe are to heavy for ground combat...

+Seeing a hip mounted Gorgon like gun would be nice and yes that is a reference to aliens with the hip mounted MG42's

No

And saying "no" isn't a good argument...

ugh there kinda is already heavy weapons... well from primary and melee weapons.

the gorgon, soma, and supra are technically heavy weapons since they do high fire rate and have large magazines

the heavy blades or hammers are heavy as well. slow swing speed with high damage

i think you been playing too much cod to try and bring those heavy weapons concept to warframe. plus with heavy weapons that alter speed would have to affect movement and also give all other weapons a some kind of weight system.

if you want to pretend to have an actual heavy weapon go use one of the 3 guns above or something that looks big and throw on a hobbled key. heavy weapon granted.

Edited by (XB1)Sierra 671

Why not make the weapons where they only hinder our movement when we deploy them, but while holstered they slow us down by a certain percentage? I can understand that the archwing weapons and others like them would be way too OP in certain situations (E.G. under a snowglobe or behind some other shield, opening fire while walking through a doorway, scaling to a vantage point and raining down a hailstorm of flak, etc.)

Also, would said weapons regenerate their ammo or would it have an innate ammo converter if they are ranged weapons? Regen ammo would lead to possibly some raid groups makings sure at least two to three people having the weapons for crowd control and innate ammo converter could cause some weapons to not be used due to their spray and pray nature.

Finally, would the heavy weapons need their own set of mods or use the ones we already have? If the former, tables will be diluted more. If the latter, that could lead to (if using primary, secondary, and melee mods) some of the most overwhelmingly powerful weapons of all time. Imagine a flak cannon with multi shot, life strike, and rad procs? Or a rail gun with so much puncture damage it makes the Paris prime look like an unranked mk-1 bow in a t4 survival at the +60 minute mark. Heck the flak cannon I keep bringing up would turn a solo t4 survival run filled with nullifiers into an easy mode setup due to all the exploding shields and slash damage going around.