Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait.. So Typhus Is Making It In Game ? O.o

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

The thing people need to understand is that if 'Typhus' or any such derivative of the concept were to be pursued, he/she/it would be vastly different from the fan conceived concept. Period. The frame would look and play to DE's own standards and opinions of what a similar concept should look and feel like. Many people will see what DE comes up with and scream about how they completely destroyed the original concept. It's happened before.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

It's never going to be in the game. Steve and Sheldon have laughed at it and waved it away as being too insignificant to address.

Only a vocal minority of forum buckets care.

Never got that impression.

Allso never say never. Remember when PvP was never going into the game? That was not very long ago at all.

No, those are much closer to the original concepts. 

Manic Grineer is spot on, Bursa MOA is pretty much the same, only Juggernaut received some notable alterations.

But those were all attempts to adhere to the original concept, Zephyr was never supposed to. She a completely original frame, with inspiration from the fan concept.

i don't think in the original concept manic was aimed to have any sort of invulnerability, Bursa moas were meant to be slow moving tanks (not super sprint knockdown spam machines) with a mountable turret, and idk about the juggernaut haven't encountered them yet. 

all in all de has a pretty big habit of taking creative liberty with all the concepts they accept from fans, very creative liberty. so odds are if typhus did make it into the game it would scarcely resemble the fan concept.  

for the op, nowhere in the stream did the devs declare typhus was in the works. they may have indicated him as a possible future concept but then there are many possibly future concepts that could also come to fruition.

i don't think in the original concept manic was aimed to have any sort of invulnerability, Bursa moas were meant to be slow moving tanks (not super sprint knockdown spam machines) with a mountable turret, and idk about the juggernaut haven't encountered them yet. 

all in all de has a pretty big habit of taking creative liberty with all the concepts they accept from fans, very creative liberty. so odds are if typhus did make it into the game it would scarcely resemble the fan concept.  

Well, personally I was very impressed at how closely DE adhered to the designs on those enemies. Even down to giving the Manic the pounce attack where they claw the Tenno. When I read that in the original concept I thought "no way is that actually going to happen" but they did it. I honestly don't know what people expected from them, I think they did those designs plenty of justice. Silverbones said he thought that all the changes they made to his Juggernaut were improvements.

Zephyr is kind of a thorn, even Mynki admitted things could have been better.

I remember him saying that during one of the Devstreams via when he first started modeling (or atleast showing his process) for the new Valkyr premium skin. It actually bummed me out a bit to be honest :c  Because I absolutely love her design. Even though he wasn't implying he didn't like it necessarily, at least back when she was being first released, but I think it was just more on the fact that he didn't sound so confident when he was talking about it when she was brought up during that Devstream.

Not implying it couldn't have been better or anything like that. At least now with the all the new texturing process and the cloth-related physics, I'd be always down to see them go back and add it to her, and possibly make her feathery-like bits and ends not look like a solid-rock-hard object lol. More in-tune with the Ormolu Kyroptera Syandana and less on actually looking like a peace of cloth haha (more organic in other words).

I don't know, at least something. Making those bits and ends protract and retract at different lenghts, depending on what skill is currently being used or during the duration (via Turbulance), and/or general movement speeds. Just spit-balling here haha.

Or a premium skin would definitely make me a happy camper.

Hey now, one can dream lol xD

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I don't give a damn for Typhus. I'm alot more excited to see how DE would handle the design of a parasite frame. In fact, I'd much rather that like Chroma, it doesn't look like the original concept at all. I love Chroma's Drac helmet and the fact it's 40 instead of 75 platinum makes me sad, as if it's inferior to others. It looks awesome with Spectral Breath and Effigy. But then people whine how it's ugly or looks disgusting. I haven't seen anyone lacking respect for DE's art team come up with a better design so far.

Want some advice on DE handling fan concepts for frames? Expect something different than the original design. Because if you expect a seamless copy of a fan design, you'll be very butthurt when it comes, and your salty whining is going to ruin it for everyone.

I've always been a hater of Typhus, I find him boring and the design to be very meh as well as some of his fans being insufferable (Not saying you shouldn't like him or that it's wrong to like him, if you wanna like him, go for it. Just please don't shove it down everyone's throats).

With that said, if he's in the game, I await the tears of the fans because newsflash:
He will not look like Skittlez's design.

Zephyr is a prime example of this. Hell, Zephyr's original concept was a male. 

Edited by TheSpookyGhost

I'm not a typhus hater but I hardly say this is proof. You're referring to 41:25 for Devstream 48.

A fan asked "what about the parasite Warframe," Steve replies, "I think that's the Typhus....he has some cool powers....we have a lot of frames in the queue so we aren't working on him now."

Basically we aren't working on him now. That doesn't mean they will work on him in the future.

Ahhh, so that's what they said.

Yeah, that's DEFINITELY people reading into this. Glad to see this has been cleared up.

Ahhh, so that's what they said.

Yeah, that's DEFINITELY people reading into this. Glad to see this has been cleared up.

I feel that it reading into it was an excuse for the OP to be a little jerk.

Honestly though yeah, when it comes to frames and fan concepts DE never makes the frames themselves, they simply use them as a source of inspiration for their own designs, people hyping for typhus (or any fan frame) as is are rather foolish or just don't know any better.

When it comes to the weapons and enemies remember that they were all from contests where they literally said 'make something, if we like it it's in' so it makes sense they remain true to the art since they were asked for in a way (and even then they were not obligated to straight out copy the art).

Realize that a concept and a concept art is just that - a base for construction.

It's fine that DE do their own thing with Typhus concept. If the idea of stealing from the enemy to buff yourself is realised, that is what the warframe is about.

And that mechanic is interesting to me.

They never once said that Typhus will be added. The only thing we received was Scott saying why they currently can't add him. Not a single mention of implementation.

So I'm going to bite the bullet here and just say it. I don't hate Typhus. I just sincerely feel like he is overhyped. Mechanically, he doesn't really offer any unique playstyles at least in the state he was last year, as I have not bothered to follow Red's thread. Nonetheless, if DE does decide to go for the whole parasitic theme, I doubt that it'll still be Typhus.

Completely agreed.

Edited by LazerSkink

They never once said that Typhus will be added. The only thing we received was Scott saying why they currently can't add him. Not a single mention of implementation.

Completely agreed.

Well, that depend on how much they like the concept, now doesn't it?

Lets all just wait and see.

Well, that depend on how much they like the concept, now doesn't it?

Lets all just wait and see.

What depends, exactly? I don't understand what point you're replying to

If Typhus is added in game, there is a very high likelihood he will be vastly different from his concept in terms of aesthetics. If DE for some reason reached out to RedSkittlez (like they did with IgnusDei for the Rhino+Trinity skins) and contracted him for Typhus, that is the only possible way he can look the exact same as the concepts display.

Edited by LazerSkink