Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro' Ki Smear: Baro Haters! Unite!

Vadrigos

http://puu.sh/kuqaN/b576554807.jpg

That look when stupid people complain about power creep in a game that is FREE TO PLAY, AND PVE.

It literally does not matter. It only affects your ego, because you little kids can't get your top kills or best damage.

Get over it and stop crying about power creep.

Edited by DamienTokala

Baro is a way for DE to buff underpowered stuff without actually buffing it.

Continuity was the worst duration mod, compared to the one that gives 28% and also a knockdown recovery.

Point Blank was the worst mandatory damage mod. Primed one is like serration.

Heat Chamber is a matter of choice, because, for example, heat deals 50% less damage to shields.

Reach is not a mandatory, some people don't use it at all. Not to mention that some people hate melee completely.

That pistol critical chance mod... They even nerfed it compared to normal version. Which shows that they don't want to make people too OP.

Baro is fine. His stuff is not the worst, but not the best either. He is mostly there to inderectly buff stuff and sellg shining things for people who likes aesthetics.

Not to mention that ranking up primed mods is hard as hell. Twice as hard as rare ones. And those are hard.

Edited by Artek94

Almost everything that Baro offers is something we already have, but palette swapped. This is pretty obvious when it comes to accessories. In the case of Prisma weapons and Primed mods, they're palette swaps with increased stats so that people will use more potatoes (for the weapons), sink more cores and Forma (to rank up and fit Primed mods), and also to drive platinum sales to newer players who (for example) don't even know what ducats are yet, but might eventually like to buy a Prisma Orthos from a more experienced player who bought 3 of them a month ago.

I understand that 1.) palette swaps save art and animation costs, usually the most expensive part of game development; and 2.) this is a F2P game, so of course DE wants to drive platinum sales.

It's just a hard pill to swallow when they're cranking out stuff that not a lot of people actually seem to want. I certainly don't. When there's something exciting available, I really don't care if it's a palette swap or if they're trying to get me to spend more platinum.

I also want Trinity Prime and there was once no question in my mind I'd be buying the top Prime Access.

The events (and specifically their rewards) for the last several months have been pretty crap, too. I can deal with crap events, crap Baro, etc., but not when it's month after month of it.

Exhumed from an ancient ruin:

Every time I hear those snarky lines, I can't help but think to myself: Either Baro is suicidal, or has the biggest stones in the galaxy. This man isn't just actively insulting Tenno every few moments, but he is doing it directly to their face. The list of things these Tenno can do to a flimsy man like Baro is near endless, and he just does it constantly, without hesitation.

I vote that the Simulacrum allows us to summon Baro so that we can stick our Heks up his nose and pull the trigger multiple times.

Kind of funny how some people complain about something that is almost like a gift... Get it or not, but don't cry for no legit reason.

You have absolutely no idea how carrot-and-stick psychological engineering actually works, so allow me to explain.

Baro's offerings are by no means "gifts." The Void is a huge grind in which 95% of the stuff you get is useless crap, or surplus that you don't need, like the 100th Forma Blueprint, the 500th Orokin Cell (pretty sure I'm past my 500th tater tot at this point), or the 40th Sicarus Prime Barrel.

The ducat system is there to eat up a lot of this garbage and offer the "gifts" you speak of (almost all of which are palette swaps with stat tweaks) in order to help players believe that the time they spend in the Void (and don't get a rare part) isn't entirely wasted.

That's it in a nutshell. It's smart of DE to do this, but when Baro brings nothing but crap for a few cycles, the illusion that you aren't wasting tons of your time starts to wane. Same goes for events, new releases, etc.

give DE a better opinion/idea about how to fix Baro instead doing this...this pointless "something"

I don't think he's fixable. He could offer accessories and even skins that are actually entirely new, along with the usual palette swaps. I'd love that, myself.

DE's not willing to do that, though. All-new accessory designs are expensive to develop, so those will be platinum-only, because Baro is essentially just a trash Prime part sink. You can count on low-effort reskins with increased stats, the occasional event mod (so far, the less desirable ones), and Primed mods. Some accessories will make it to Baro eventually Prisma reskins. Of course, it'll take you months to collect a complete accessory set, but hey.

I'm not saying accessory reskins are the worst thing ever, but they aren't particularly exciting, are they?

What most people seem to want from Baro are re-releases of the good Primed mods, or new, powerful Primed mods. Not too surprising really, although this contributes to power creep and ultimately probably wasn't a good idea to begin with.

Edited by Kastorius

Primed mods aren't bad since they don't stack with nonprime counter parts.

I feel like there is a hidden situation you're not telling us op and rather than logical distaste there is simply salt fueled resentment.

Care to justify your statements?

I personally like primes mods prisma items and nonplat accessories

I kinda am even in opinion on this matter...

Though has anyone ever wondered how many sets of prime frames and weapons baro ki Teer has?

He could probable support an army...

Meanwhile corpus and grineer would do anything to get their hands on some warframes like that.

He has none, you sell Prime parts to the Hubs and get ducats for them which you give to Baro. The sold Prime parts remain with the hubs.

Baro could have obtained some prime parts from his trips to the void, but considering the stuff he brings backs(primed mods, and prisma equipment, the prisma cosmetcs i bet he makes them himself from damaged Prisma equipment he finds) it's safe to assume that the part of the void he goes in is like Mercury hard.

Also he goes there to scavenge like a rat that he is and not with a special purpose.

Hate or love Baro it's good to Have him cause of the stuff that he brings be it Mastery fodder it's free. What would trading look like if we didn't have a sink for the prime parts we would get from the Void. prime access prices >100 plat, rest of the stuff under 10 plat a piece.

Also free cosmetics.

Every time I hear those snarky lines, I can't help but think to myself: Either Baro is suicidal, or has the biggest stones in the galaxy. This man isn't just actively insulting Tenno every few moments, but he is doing it directly to their face. The list of things these Tenno can do to a flimsy man like Baro is near endless, and he just does it constantly, without hesitation.

I vote that the Simulacrum allows us to summon Baro so that we can stick our Heks up his nose and pull the trigger multiple times.

Yesssssssss