Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gersemi Valkyr Skin, Best Thing To Happen To Warframe?

Cleesus

Too skinny (original has more muscles) but sexy nonetheless. 9/10 instabuy

Probably intended. The original IS her skinned and stripped of her overlayer of armor, leaving the muscle tissue beneath open to sight.

So, it's more streamlined, with the armor covering up the muscular details.

Probably intended. The original IS her skinned and stripped of her overlayer of armor, leaving the muscle tissue beneath open to sight.

So, it's more streamlined, with the armor covering up the muscular details.

Mhm. Buy why the central eye is gone is beyond me.

To me this valkyr looks like a scifi soldiers armor, like stormtroopers or something like that.

It really stands out from all the other warframes wich is allso why I want more lore surrounding it.

Given valkyr have 8-10 points of attachsment for the outer hull, I Wonder if that can be applied to other warframes.

Lets take a look.

Mag, Nyx, Excalibur, Ash are pretty plain so not much to remove.

Oberon, Banshee, Nekros, Ember, Loki, Mirage, Volt, Limbo, Trinity are good candidates for disection.

Mhm. Buy why the central eye is gone is beyond me.

To me this valkyr looks like a scifi soldiers armor, like stormtroopers or something like that.

It really stands out from all the other warframes wich is allso why I want more lore surrounding it.

It's a completely different helmet. There's no way Gersemi and original Valkyr helmet could match up.

I'm not seeing scifi soldier armor in this, though, it definitely still looks like a Warframe to me.

It's a completely different helmet. There's no way Gersemi and original Valkyr helmet could match up.

I'm not seeing scifi soldier armor in this, though, it definitely still looks like a Warframe to me.

Im referring to this pic. The pose, the color and shine. Look at all the others, then at Valkyr.

warframe-i-swear-that-atlas-has-no-head-

Now imagine 50 of those charging forth, the Empires banner trailing behind.

Well, last night some folks started posting berfore/after pics so here's pics of mine+^_^+

Gersemi before her encounter with Alad V

jxB8Q5i.jpg

Valkyr with the anger of every yellowjacket that's ever stung someone.

kQslFzu.jpg

I'd love if DE released the high poly model for screenshot and wallpaper purposes....

Well, last night some folks started posting berfore/after pics so here's pics of mine+^_^+

Gersemi before her encounter with Alad V

jxB8Q5i.jpg

Valkyr with the anger of every yellowjacket that's ever stung someone.

kQslFzu.jpg

I'd love if DE released the high poly model for screenshot and wallpaper purposes....

That wont happen and you know it.

But maby if I really push myself I can model my Valkyrmodel to match this one and do it with a really high normalmap and share that as a OBJ.

Not sure if I am going to do it, but the thought has crossed my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To all the people saying Gersemi Valkyr is pre-Corpus Valkyr.

This is not what Valkyr used to look like. The skin is purely cosmetic and stylish to give her an alternative look.

That would be like saying Orphid Saryn is what Saryn "used to" look like. In fact, it is more accurate to say that the Prime versions of the frames is closer to what they formerly looked like as opposed to their cosmetic alternatives.

Just wanted to raise that point.

To all the people saying Gersemi Valkyr is pre-Corpus Valkyr.

This is not what Valkyr used to look like. The skin is purely cosmetic and stylish to give her an alternative look.

That would be like saying Orphid Saryn is what Saryn "used to" look like. In fact, it is more accurate to say that the Prime versions of the frames is closer to what they formerly looked like as opposed to their cosmetic alternatives.

Just wanted to raise that point.

Considering the fact that it was referred to as the pre-corpus Valkyr on Devsterams and the skin's text, i'd say it is what she use to look like.

It's her pre-corpus skin before Alad V took components from different warframes. Specifically in this case Valkyr's Skin was grafted onto the Zanuka Proxy. It's evident it is what she would have looked like though since if you look at the part of her skin that's still intact "The Cat Ear" it matches up to the Gersemi one.

Also I find it abit of a dark humor that DE made us rebuy her literal skin back. I missed buying the Gersemi Skin though as at the time I had just started (I was waiting for a discount on platinum purchases) Hopefully when it rolls out again for purchase I'm getting it.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a borderline thread necro, but it's still a relevant thread for a specific topic, so yeah. 

I was actually surprised by the negative feedback in this thread, because in my eyes the skin is pretty much perfect. I am absolutely in love with this skin! The PBR'd shaders work so well with my color scheme:

E3un1rq.jpg

9ZyVlZj.jpg

Here's an enormous crop from a 4k res screenshot.

As someone who's spent nearly 50% of my playtime as Valkyr, I am pleased as punch. She is never going to take this skin off.