The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mantis Parts. Where Do I Get Them?

Flareux

Question

It's not worth it, either. From what I hear it doesn't even have its own interior.

What is the point of a different ship entirely if I don't get a different interior to enjoy?! Heck, let me get a different AI with the different ship too! That'd make it WAY more worth it.

It's not worth it, either. From what I hear it doesn't even have its own interior.

What is the point of a different ship entirely if I don't get a different interior to enjoy?! Heck, let me get a different AI with the different ship too! That'd make it WAY more worth it.

Whaaaat?! The interior is the same?

What's the point?!!

Whaaaat?! The interior is the same?

What's the point?!!

My question exactly. The current interior doesn't even make sense with the Mantis's design.

Though I expect DE will have some BS excuse for why the Mantis has the same interior as the liset, like "void magic makes it so that all Tenno ships have the same interior"... Riiiiiiiiiight. Less excuses, more development, DE. If you're going to make a ship this grindy to get, and cost 150 plat otherwise, it better be more than just loading screen aesthetics and a different air support function.

My question exactly. The current interior doesn't even make sense with the Mantis's design.

Though I expect DE will have some BS excuse for why the Mantis has the same interior as the liset, like "void magic makes it so that all Tenno ships have the same interior"... Riiiiiiiiiight. Less excuses, more development, DE. If you're going to make a ship this grindy to get, and cost 150 plat otherwise, it better be more than just loading screen aesthetics and a different air support function.

That's...I mean that's common sense! They have different shapes & stuff..

I'm definitely making a thread about this.

I've bought the blueprint (got the segment) and i really wanna try out the supply drops as fast as possible but i don't know where to look for the parts for the Mantis?

Anyone knows?

From what I know, and what some people in our clan has assumed

BP - Any Rare Container or Market
Fuselage - Afaik all the Fuselages has come from Grineer Rare Containers.  Easiest part to get, just do raids.
Avionics - The only place I've heard this drop is Orokin Rare Containers.  I've done raid 4 times never had this part drop.
Engine - Afaik no one has the engine yet, and in the 4 raids its not dropped.  If the pattern continues these will be in Corpus Rare Containers.

Fuselage - Afaik all the Fuselages has come from Grineer Rare Containers.  Easiest part to get, just do raids.
Avionics - The only place I've heard this drop is Orokin Rare Containers.  I've done raid 4 times never had this part drop.
Engine - Afaik no one has the engine yet, and in the 4 raids its not dropped.  If the pattern continues these will be in Corpus Rare Containers.

I've never seen a corpus rare container.. i've found the other two :/

As far as I know the inside of the Liset that we actually have access to is not the same Liset/Mantis that drops us off on missions. When you are in your "ship", you are actually inside the orbiter, which the Liset/Mantis docks to.

We don't get to see the inside of the dropship portion because there really isn't one.

Outside missions you're probably on the Orbiter, not your Liset.

Because I have a hard time seeing how the cockpit lets you access the drop pod you deploy from. This would only make sense if the "player ship" is the Orbiter and Liset was simply docked there. But then where's the hatch leading to the docked landing craft?

Probably in the upcoming Orbiter expansion that they mentioned a while ago.

basically what the ninja above me said

Edited by Artarrwen

As far as I know the inside of the Liset that we actually have access to is not the same Liset/Mantis that drops us off on missions. When you are in your "ship", you are actually inside the orbiter, which the Liset/Mantis docks to.

We don't get to see the inside of the dropship portion because there really isn't one.

Yet the interior of this "orbiter" perfectly matches the liset's external appearance.

I'm sorry, but they can offer me any number of BS excuses they want to, a ship really isn't worth all the grind to get it if all I'm getting is a different model on loading screens and a different air support. If I could have a whole different interior, I'd be all for it, because I love stuff like that, but otherwise, it's really not worth the effort.

wow DE has made this ship really damn hard to get....like whats the point?

You uh... Uh... You...

You get a model on loading screens! COOL, RIGHT?

Oh, and... Uh... Yeah, you get an air support thing that heals your team. You know, in case nobody brought Trinity, Equinox, Oberon, or team health restores.

It's just insanely misleading and disappointing. 

It's all about expectations... What did they think people would expect when they said we'd be getting a different ship? 

If they had specifically said in all the Dev Streams and other mentions, as well as a huge asterisk or something next to the damned Market placeholder, "Hey, this is ONLY exterior", maybe people wouldn't be as pissed off.

It's not even about the effect of it that makes it so disappointing to me. The fact that it's a blueprint and not plat only makes me want to earn it and build it, but as is, there's no way to work toward it because it's completely up to luck.

Edited by Boese

Hey, so last night I was doing my usual rep dailies with a friend looking for seeds and all with animal instinct on my helios, and came across a corpus rare container. Got a booster and the engines for Mantis, which at the moment of getting had no idea even existed.

Ah, both of us got the engines from the same container, so it seems to drop copies for everyone in squad.

To those of you asking how a corpus rare container looks like, its the same basic shape, a bit bigger and with this aura-like steam coming from it.

Also, since they are so rare and my scans aren't complete, helios always "beeps" as he scans them, so its kind of a clue to look for when you go around in maps. Hope this helps.

Hey, so last night I was doing my usual rep dailies with a friend looking for seeds and all with animal instinct on my helios, and came across a corpus rare container. Got a booster and the engines for Mantis, which at the moment of getting had no idea even existed.

Ah, both of us got the engines from the same container, so it seems to drop copies for everyone in squad.

To those of you asking how a corpus rare container looks like, its the same basic shape, a bit bigger and with this aura-like steam coming from it.

Also, since they are so rare and my scans aren't complete, helios always "beeps" as he scans them, so its kind of a clue to look for when you go around in maps. Hope this helps.

Yh, I've heard of people who got it on Eris - Corpus Tile set.  So I'm convinced that each rare container drops a different part.