Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Sound Effects Do You Wish Weren't Changed?

Waudozer

For me it was the Vipers, Furis, Hek, Gorgon

the old skull crushing headshot sound

and the old slicing-through-armor-and-bone-with-a-touch-of-airgushing-out-of-armor's-lifesupport gore sound.

now it just all fruity and brrrtz-y

U7 era was my favorite, man..

capture targets disintegration scream (

), braton vandal (
), the days where grineer where talking in english (like "Stay close to the walls" or "Flank them"), there was this throat slice like sound (dont know if it still in the game or not but im not hearing it).

basicaly most of the thing in this video

(in the video you can hear the troat slice voice)

sry for bad english

A lot of sound effects are very weird after U17.5

Most rifles killing shot sound uses a crappy "POOZZ" effect.

It is just like a BB gun hitting through a paper.

Even held weapon like atomos uses this sound too.

And melee kill/dismember sounds like "crashing a watermelon with a plastic stick".

It's far from satisfying, it's very weak and weird.

Been playing for a few weeks and after many attempts too reduce many sounds and Mute the constant screams of enemy.  Ive been forced too mute the entire game. Thee only sounds i can NOT remove or mute are the screams of A.I enemy. I have muted the whole game too do so for a week or so now. Makes for some interesting situations, like picking a syn.  But the up side of doing this, is i can listen too other tabs about more interesting things. 

Corpus ship pager lady for sure. You know, "Code Red in Engineering." and "Be a responsible passenger" and all that.

I think it was removed since the devs decided that english shouldn't be the native language of the grineer and corpus, but regardless, the ship pager lady added a level of immersion to the game that we just don't see in tilesets these days. It would be awesome if a pager voice were reimplemented, this time speaking the Corpus language instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Saryn ability sounds...its wayyy, wayyy worse now and doesen't even suits. She used to sound badass,but now its more like a cartoon forest fairy. Old ones where a lot more deeper/low bass kind of and the new ones are a lot higher and silent...very sad about this.

P.S Did you notice that earlier all Warframe themes and sounds where full with bass and sounded powerful/noble, but now they get more and more less noticable (weaker) in game and more quieter and calm? Used to be awesome to run around and listen the sounds and music on high volume, now I just switch the old tracks in the background and dont listen to  new ingame sounds much. I don't know how other feel about this , but I liked mostly everything old about Warframe sounds.

Edited by Cyber.wolf