Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno Are Infested?

Lankander

Yes, i know this is a 2 year-old question, but since the J-golem said it again, i can asume we have at least some part of infestation in us, i used to discard it since the only ones saying it were phorid (whose dialog lines are old as F***, and lephantis, who just happens to have the same lines)

At one point the golem says "LET US IN" There's something in the Tenno that blocks the infestation from taking over, hell, maybe that's why the Tenno meditate so much, to keep the infestation in their bodies at bay.

or perhaps he refers to the Warframe, which may be made of Technocyte material.

No, what he means is that we Tenno have flesh. We aren't inorganic robots but actual living creatures. :D

So, grineer and corpus are tenno too?

Sorry to be a $&*^ about it. But there's something more to it than just flesh.

Tenno, Corpus, and Grineer are all human, or pretty close to it.

The Infestation hijacks living tissue, much like classic zombies, body-snatchers, etc. "WE ARE YOUR FLESH" refers to this.

The Infested can be viewed as a cross between zombies and the Borg.

It's possible, but the more general theory I assign my belief to is that the Warframes are made of the same base stuff as the Infestation - the Technocyte.

No, what he means is that we Tenno have flesh. We aren't inorganic robots but actual living creatures. :D

The issue with that means that it would be literally confused by EVERYTHING attacking it, then. And with the Hivemind clearly having a pretty strong intellect behind it - it set a @(*()$ TRAP man! - that seems unlikely.

Tenno are separate species from The Grinner and Corpus. Grineer are clones of clones, etc.

Corpus are techno-humans.

same ancestry (I THINK), but different strains of humankind.

and then there are regular humans.

They are all descendants of the Orokin.

Jordas Golem also says "I see, you are the same. They fear themselves." iirc.

If the Warframe is actually a uniform variant of Technocyte and the Tenno share a symbiotic relationship with it like i suspect, then technically we can be infested but not in a diseased sense.

Edited by EmptyDevil

According to the Lore in Ember Prime's codex entry the Tenno are Orokin that were mutated by Raw void energy and the Warframes were created to control their powers ( child ember Burned the Lady's face when they were found on the ship )

BUT , this is something I've been wanting DE to do ... GIVE US THE FULL STORY

Jordas Golem also says "I see, you are the same. They fear themselves." iirc.

If the Warframe is actually a uniform variant of Technocyte that and the Tenno share a symbiotic relationship with like i suspect, then technically we can be infested but not in a diseased sense.

That's what i mean, we have somehow controlled the infestation, perhaps the tenno were infested humans that got into contact with the void, which gave them the abilities they have and keeping the infestation controlled.

I believe Warframe includes Dark Sector's lore in its own, so I'd say yes, the Tenno are, in fact, infested... if we're defining the infested as anything infected with the technocyte virus.   The virus didn't affect everyone the same, or at least there existed a way to limit and control its effects.  

That from dark sector and de said it's not lore... I think?

They said Dark Sector could be considered 4.5/10 canon. Some aspects of it could be tied into Warframe but it's less than half. However, some players are looking at the wrong aspects from Dark Sector i think.

That's what i mean, we have somehow controlled the infestation, perhaps the tenno were infested humans that got into contact with the void, which gave them the abilities they have and keeping the infestation controlled.

I don't think the Tenno were infected to begin with. I think the Warframes were built using Technocyte and the Orokin figured out how to merge it with the Tenno without them becoming mutated, like regular people that contract Technocyte and become the Infested. The Void energy within the Tenno is probably a key factor in why they aren't mutated and consumed.

Tenno are not Infested. The Idea that they are has been carried from those who want to connect this game to the Dark Sector games, which DE has repeatedly said are not connected.

The most clear example of this is in the Codex of the Ether Sword, "A single blade for more precision. The Ether Sword cuts so cleanly that it was considered by the Tenno to be a more humane weapon for 'cleansing' infested allies."

Some still think Tenno are somehow infected with the virus due to an old (no longer used) J3 Golem dialog, and the Rhino Prime codex, the former being removed and no longer cannon and the latter not clearly stating infested in any way.

Some others think our suit itself is some infested / organic thing which may be linked to the Technocyth (infested) virus.

IIRC, Devstream 52 firmly shunts darkSector into "completely non-canon" territory

Basically the "so long ago any connection was lost" was DE's polite way to say "Non Canon" unfortunately that wasn't clear enough for some so they had to come out and say it straight in #52

Some still think Tenno are somehow infected with the virus due to an old (no longer used) J3 Golem dialog, and the Rhino Prime codex, the former being removed and no longer cannon and the latter not clearly stating infested in any way.

Or, as I read it, not identifying the potentially-infested creature as being a Tenno.

IIRC, Devstream 52 firmly shunts darkSector into "completely non-canon" territory

Exactly, they stated somewhere in there Dark Sector is a game they created and Warframe heavily influences from it but Dark Sector is a game DE did not have complete creative control for, because if they did, Dark Sector would of been Warframe what Warframe is.

I like to think Tenno are part infested, but like in Dark Sector are immune to the overgrowth and hive like mind because of congenital analgesia. The Orokin took children from their empire with the condition (maybe even enhanced the conditions probability in their own population) then infected them and launched them into the void to have the infest adapt to it.

Golem's lines are reference to his old lines when he was J3-Golem, my favorite is "Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh." which is the revised line we are discussing.

I remember being in a similar thread such as this, most of us agreed J3 was just referring to us being made of "flesh" less so being made of infested "flesh", at the time we had nothing to hint we're infested or to support such a theory.

Argue your position, but take into account the materials used to build the frames.

Here's my theory that ties lore together without being "black and white cannon":

As I understand it, the Technocyte virus creates such pain that anything it infects loses individuality/higher brain function, goes insane, or simply dies in Dark Sector. Hayden Tenno was born with a genetic condition where he could not feel pain and was able to exercise control over the Virus with a clear mind and use it to mold his body without consequence.

Void energy/The Void is the wildcard. There is a sinister overriding intelligence in the void; perhaps it's energy has mutated the virus and given it an intelligence all it's own that is able to compete with and corrupt a Sentient with pain and separate the Sentient from it's collective. I fully believe proto-Rhino is a corrupted Sentient whose adaptive abilities were hijacked.

The Tenno, whether actual decendants or not, were gifted with the ability to control void energy and the virus and maintain higher brain function. I believe Warframes are weaponized production models reverse engineered from corrupted Sentients (like Protorhino) and built to house the bodies of the void-afflicted Tenno/children of Zariman because the void energy was largely uncontrollable and was slowly destroying their bodies and individuality, and because they could then amplify and use their powers as a weapon.