The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats The Purpose Of Frost When We Can Have Mesa Team

(PSN)OdinKuro

Globe Stops you from getting killed and Mesa kills things i guess there's no real point in bringing frost if everyone is dead. I liked it when we had nova for this stuff not Mesa.

But frost isn't all about his snowglobe anymore. Build duration and efficiency and you can lock down rooms like hydroid.

Mesa requires a large amount of energy as a downside and in turn frost can shove his globe up covering what ever the objective is and with her change  coming hopefully this "meta" changes to something more fun.

Globe Stops you from getting killed and Mesa kills things i guess there's no real point in bringing frost if everyone is dead. I liked it when we had nova for this stuff not Mesa.

But frost isn't all about his snowglobe anymore. Build duration and efficiency and you can lock down rooms like hydroid.

Mesa requires a large amount of energy as a downside and in turn frost can shove his globe up covering what ever the objective is and with her change coming hopefully this "meta" changes to something more fun.

Would this duration efficiency build happen to have anything to do with his 2 augment?

I main Frost, so I have very strong opinions on the matter.

Firstly, the rework of Frost is amazing. Simple, almost tangential, but so much quality.

Secondly, you play on the PS4, so you're forgiven for not knowing of the incoming, ehm, tweaks of Mesa's Peacemaker. You'll change your mind.

Thirdly, don't go to Defenses with a Frost. Do anything else. Survivals. Interceptions. Assassinations. Spy. Seriously, I often use Frost for the Spy missions - and why not! Frost is amazing fun. Frost is love, Frost is life.

Defenses for a Frost are tedious and boring. So don't.

I've never ran into a squad asking for that, is it really that easy on the PS4 compared to PC? Often when I ask people if they wanna to 60 waves then bail since it's easy they go "that's too hard, lets do 20-40 waves".

Frost to me is a no-brainer, he's required as a safecard, randoms just won't be reliable all the time. Especially with the CC Frost now have, on T1-2, maybe not since you can one shot enemies pretty far. But on T3-4 with nullifiers? I'd not go without a Frost, and judging by how many players play Limbo, rarely with him as people don't play it similare to how my friends does.

I personally use a max range and no duration what so ever with Frost. Max efficiency and as much Strength as possible that you can get without touching the 175% efficiency. Just for the spammy CC for him. It's a lot of fun, that's at least from my experience.

Edited by Rexian

Frost protects the Mesas, in most situations I'm in.

He also works to increase the Mesa's effectiveness by placing globes in enemy paths, but in the sight of the Mesa. Protects from enemy fire on the other side of the globe while letting Mesa shoot in.

This tactic will probably change next update though.

I main Frost, so I have very strong opinions on the matter.

Firstly, the rework of Frost is amazing. Simple, almost tangential, but so much quality.

Secondly, you play on the PS4, so you're forgiven for not knowing of the incoming, ehm, tweaks of Mesa's Peacemaker. You'll change your mind.

Thirdly, don't go to Defenses with a Frost. Do anything else. Survivals. Interceptions. Assassinations. Spy. Seriously, I often use Frost for the Spy missions - and why not! Frost is amazing fun. Frost is love, Frost is life.

Defenses for a Frost are tedious and boring. So don't.

As a person who also mains Frost I would say defences aren't  tedious and boring, if you don't allow yourself to sit there babysitting the globe. There isn't any need to.

Most Frost players should now be deploying the globe and then going around in defences as if it is another mission, but occasionally ensuring the Globe's in a good state. It's what I do. I did it before with the timer/health but it's much more free now.

So I'll say this - go to any mission as a Frost, including defences.

Edited by Naith

No one seems to be talking about Frosts buff augment for Freeze.  Is it widely considered not useful or something?  I typically try to fit it in if I'm doing a defense because everyone stays relatively close and are easy to rebuff.  I would think that a high strength buff would outweigh having another Mesa in his place.

Mind you I don't do too many defenses.  I prefer an ice wave duration build with balanced range and strength.

Noone seems to be talking about the godly combination of Frost & Vauban.
Ok, so, here's how it goes.

Frost lays down a globe, having the edge block off a choke point.
Vauban then sets up Bounces on the wall of the Globe, overlapping the very edges of each bounce pad, not just spamming bounce onto one point.
Frost can then pop the globe or he can leave it there, the choice is Frost's.
You now have a wall that stops enemies cold.

If the players are good you can do anything with anything. 

But some frames are good for maximizing the chances of success with random PUGs (where the quality of the players is not guaranteed) in content up to about 40/40.  Frost is one, Nova is another.

Current Mesa's damage falls of pretty quickly and will not be able to kill the bombards or nullifiers easily. I much prefer a decent frost/speednova/loki/trinity combo with corrosive projection to speed through defense and just use some decent weapons. Even if it is just a team comp that plays itself, it is still kind of fun to see enemies rush in and get frozen.