Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 Step Reloading.

Kainosh

Exactly same as we have now...But once you pull clip OUT of your gun...It doesnt come back if you interrupt reloading.

That way reloading time is halved if you managed to pull clip out/eject shells before being interrupted.

And, when you resume your reloading, animation will play from the moment when you already ejected clips/shells

I always hated that most game devs pay very minor attention to such things....Coz players reload alot.....

That change will improve reloading quality greatly.  Like...You dont even know.

Yeeessssss... maybe more than two, though. There's often more than two steps to reloading, and most of them shouldn't need to be redone if interrupted.

Incidentally, this isn't even the first time I've +1'd and posted in a thread suggesting this. Do want.

There was one thing that always bugged me about reloads in videos games. I haven't noticed it in Warframe, but many other games. When reloading a gun that still has remaining rounds, they still animate the cocking of a gun. There is still a bullet in the chamber, but they fell it needs a fresh one. COD addressed this in their games. They had an emtpy reload speed/animation and a faster "one in the chamber" speed/animation. 

Anyone else irritated by this?

There was one thing that always bugged me about reloads in videos games. I haven't noticed it in Warframe, but many other games. When reloading a gun that still has remaining rounds, they still animate the cocking of a gun. There is still a bullet in the chamber, but they fell it needs a fresh one. COD addressed this in their games. They had an emtpy reload speed/animation and a faster "one in the chamber" speed/animation. 

Every time I fire a few shots in my Lex Prime, *CHK CHK*

COME ON VAUBAN, THERE'S ALREADY ONE IN THE DAMN CHAMBER. LIKE THE LEX PRIME'S RELOAD ISN'T LONG ENOUGH, JEEZ.

Exactly same as we have now...But once you pull clip OUT of your gun...It doesnt come back if you interrupt reloading.

That way reloading time is halved if you managed to pull clip out/eject shells before being interrupted.

And, when you resume your reloading, animation will play from the moment when you already ejected clips/shells

I always hated that most game devs pay very minor attention to such things....Coz players reload alot.....

That change will improve reloading quality greatly.  Like...You dont even know.

Please, yes. Almost always reload my guns at half ammo and it isnt like we can use cover like enemies do. No, we have to hop, skip, fly around for our "cover". Being able to hit cover ah la gears of war style would also be a boon to this game. Would help immensely with stealth play, reloading mechanics, etc.

That is true for "cartridge" weapons only.  In COD ALL weapons use these.  In WF only Tenno weapons use classic cartridges.  Thats 1/3 of all weapons. Rest are chemical/energy based.

Im not against that, but i think its too much work for only few weapons.

+1 for reload improvement. MIght be annoying if you screw up a cancel, though.

That is true for "cartridge" weapons only.  In COD ALL weapons use these.  In WF only Tenno weapons use classic cartridges.  Thats 1/3 of all weapons. Rest are chemical/energy based.

Im not against that, but i think its too much work for only few weapons.

Actually, since none of them have to be charged, it hardly matters.

I'd also love to see the magazine ammo thing that Frontlines: Fuel of War had. Basically, if you tossed a magazine that still had ammo, then you just lost all of that ammo (like real life). There was no ammo roll-over, it made for a very different playstyle.

Edited by Insizer

• 1 month later...

4 stand alone keys to complete reload

- Remove Magazine

- Insert Magazine

- Tap Magazine

- Charge Weapon

Getting meleed while shooting a Soma on full auto causes the weapon to be jammed at 50% chance

which you need to tap and rack the weapon to clear the jam

Weapons is introduced new stats 

Rate of malfunction

New mod - "Arms Expert" -25/50/75/100% of a weapon malfunction rate

primed weapon have less malfunction rate than non-primed variants

you know what, that sounds like a great idea

have been forma'ing my attica this weekend and the ~3second reload is annoying enough, but if you accidently interrupt sometime during it you have to sit through the whole 3 seconds again >.<

For me, i simply cant reload (Hikou Prime). I marged X (Action) and R (Reload) into R (Action & Reload), or simply replace R and X in controls to get everything marged into R. Im sure lots of players gonna like it.

Auto reload working, but manually reloading doesnt work when this bug appear, and only time can fix it, nothing else. With shurikens its not a problem because reload speed is half of a second, but with some weapons its annoying. I guess developers must fix bugs around normal reloading before we talk about something more.

Edited by nVidiaContractor