Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Balor Fomorian And The Relays (Why Bother?)

Danjal777

So just looking at the recent posts many of them are posted by older players that have done the eyes of blight missions and are posting things like: "hey lets let Larunda die", or "What will DE do if we let all of the relays die"?  Although this may sound like toxic posts, they are really the symptoms of a greater underlying sickness.  WHY? Why bother keeping any of the relays alive? for Darvo...nope...for Simaris...maybe...for syndicates medallions...still no.  So why the hell would Tenno, who despite how we think we are natured, are mercenary and will almost certainly ignore any event or mission without a tangible and valuable reward.  The Lotus has literally raised us this way.

So currently the answer to why bother, is...nothing.  That's right there's no incentive to keep more than one relay alive.

So how to fix it, how do you make each relay a priceless commodity that must be protected at all costs?  They must all be unique places where interesting markets and special events take place.  For example: Larunda, likely the first relay a Tenno will encounter, it should have obstacle courses, shooting ranges, a place to test out low level weapons, and it should be invulnerable so that the generic resource it provides will always be available and new Tenno don't get screwed over.

Other nodes should have unique roles like:

- More involved Kubrow breeding, siring, trading, and a place to buy unique Kubrow mods.  I know many player would love this!

- Bazaar/Commissary where a Tenno can rent a table in the relays to place items up for sale (not like an auction house, but an actual table with the items on them.  I know the fiends in trade chat would die to keep this cash cow going!

- Warframe specific rooms where the warframe featured in the concourse has special cosmetics and ability augments that can only be purchased there.  You want your badass Tennogen Rhino Helms and Skins? Better wipe that fomorian!

- Ship shops, where you can purchase new landers and upgrade/ swap out their parts to make them more versatile and relevant.

TL;DR:

Make each relay have unique beneficial purposes --> No one will want them to die.

Well, the cores are frickn awesome, it;s fun, and levelling my Wing gear too. 

You are absolutely right, sadly people like you are the extreme minority and taking down a Balor requires more than that.

Letting all the Relays fall seems like a bad idea....where will Baro go then?

How about make Baro bring as many items as you have Relays....now are they worth saving?

Or Baro and Simaris get their own Relays

don't forget about Clem.....

Clem...clem grakata...clem.

I agree, I do not feel the urge to go and protect the relay either.

You probably don't feel like doing anything but farming primes either.

5 R5 fusion cores for a few isotopes and some cryotic is pretty snazzy. 'specially cause it's like, 2 min or less if you can get it down fast.

You probably don't feel like doing anything but farming primes either.

5 R5 fusion cores for a few isotopes and some cryotic is pretty snazzy. 'specially cause it's like, 2 min or less if you can get it down fast.

sure fusion cores are a great reward, but I hardly think you would sit there and play that mission over and over again to make a significant impact every time this event occurs.

Just ask yourself: do you love a particular relay?

sure fusion cores are a great reward, but I hardly think you would sit there and play that mission over and over again to make a significant impact every time this event occurs.

Just ask yourself: do you love a particular relay?

The fact that some people gone as far as farming 300-400 fusion cores I would say relays will be fine, hell I didnt need to farm imperator vandal since I already had it from the event but I still did many runs, since mission isnt that time consuming and is pretty enjoyable to do :).

• 1 month later...