Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angryjoe Preaches The Truth

Renathy

Quote from 9:23:

The thing is... you're getting... you're getting less for more, and you're eating it up, and you're hurting our industry, you're hurting gaming, in general, because companies are saying, and they're like: "Damn! This is what people want. People want less for more. Let's charge more."

Praise be Lord Joe!

Edited by JRMC

I told you Battlefront was going to suck.

"Oh no, it's star wars, it looks so kewl"

"Yeah, but they pulled the same crap in Battlefield 4 and Hardline"

"Nooo, they'll get it right this time"

"Told you so. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to take that $150 and take my girl out for something nice."

I told you Battlefront was going to suck.

"Oh no, it's star wars, it looks so kewl"

"Yeah, but they pulled the same crap in Battlefield 4 and Hardline"

"Nooo, they'll get it right this time"

"Told you so. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to take that $150 and take my girl out for something nice."

now that is a waaaaay better way to spend your money.

I enjoyed battlefront betas protect the walker gametype. The other one was horribly unbalanced (I've heard that the walker gametype was also unbalanced, but it didn't seem to bad in my experience). The new battlefront is entirely different to the older one, but it is still fun.

I agree with Joes comments though, that "deluxe edition" is a bit BS really. Paying more than a dollar for an emote is serious BS. And early access to in game items in a game like battlefront or even battlefield for that matter is pathetic because that's the only sense of progression in the game. And like what was mentioned, all of those in game items can be earned in 2 or three matches anyway, unless EA stretches out the levels in the final release to make it seem like there is more progression.

EA trashed casual games like it was wildfire and put "violent" Ultra-High Graphics FPS games on top.

They had it coming.

You know the reason why Battlefront 3 was cancelled in the first place was because EA cancelled funding to the project. It was half built and was going to release on 360, PS3, and PC. It was being developed by Free radical, the same devs that created Timesplitters and they were just working on getting the netcode to work (it likely would have had to be server based due to the sheer strain a host would have had.)

Here's a leaked clip of the original battlefront 3 if you haven't already seen it:

It was also the reason why Free radical went under. They are currently owned by Crytek, but the Timesplitters IP is pretty much dead aside from a handful of fans and ex devs making a free version to try and gain interest for a potential revival of the series. Which will be called Timesplitters rewind, if or when it ever releases.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

So what's up with BF3? Can you still choose what unit type and what loadout you want to use for each mission? I don't see how the game could possibly lose its appeal as long as that element is there.

EA's new version of battlefront has loadouts but the game is very very different from what the original battlefront that got cancelled (in video above) was. The original battlefront 3 was a masterpiece, and yes, it was very close to finished according to the devs, they said the net code and final polishing were just being done on the game. The original battlefront 3 was basically the same as 2 with a graphics and animation update, and tonnes of new content (vehicles, maps, etc.). I have no idea why they decided to cancel it, maybe it was because the campaign that was in it was far different to the upcoming movie (at the time) and they didn't want to get complaints but idk.

The game so far is lack luster compared to the first two. Don't wanna pew pew, then switch to a space map and have a dog fight. Wanna take over the system for the empire then play conquest. The different game modes made the game, but here it's just a gutted GE that's staying gutted unless you fork over more money. It's sad when you see a IP go this way.

In what way is it different? Do you not still pew pew at enemies? Are there no different modes or objectives your team has to do?

I guess ill look for gameplay videos

Gameplay in the original battlefront was far more open. A few years ago battlefield 3's maps were considered big, however battlefront had far bigger maps years ago.

Vehicles were also always spawning on the map in the original and there were lots of different kinds of them. In the new one there's very few vehicles at all and the ones that are, are gotten from "powerups" on the map, some aren't fully pilotable either.

Original battlefront also had a decent campaign, and space battles. New one has neither of those (unless EA plan to sell it later as DLC).