Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Confirms On Twitter, Ash's Blade Storm Getting Interactive Rework.

Hypernaut1

I'm hoping that it does not turn out (similarly as you said, regarding simply tossing clones at enemies) like Rumblers with the only differences being looks and the way they attack. I also hope they don't listen to a lot of the community and turn it into yet another stance. We have three frames that utilize this type of ability, I personally think we need a break because it risks redundancy.

I fear the arrival of the Ash thread derailer.

I like the original Bladestorm including the cut scene, but that was back when it actually worked.   Now and days it doesn't work at all.  Looks like Ash is shadowboxing everything.  It's all screwed up.  If the devs want to remove the ability-cutscene, fine.  At least now there will be more player control and we can see what is going on, rather than seeing back and watching some ruined animations

To me, the cutscenes are what make the ability that much cooler for me

general gameplay in Warframe generally looks quite stale,

compared to what exactly? if there is game with more aggressive fluid full control combat than warframe you owe it to the community to tell us of this hidden treasure.

compared to what exactly? if there is game with more aggressive fluid full control combat than warframe you owe it to the community to tell us of this hidden treasure.

Parkour 2.0 helped the general aesthetic appeal of Warframe a lot, but high level gameplay used to be ridiculously boring to watch. Coptor into a room, Miasma. Coptor another half a mile and use Miasma. "High level" gameplay was enough to put you to sleep. That's one of the things I really like about Archwing, it has a lot more visual appeal.

I play Vindictus, and I think the action in there is generally awesome looking.

Bladestorm looks cool and badass and stuff but the problems of this ability are :

- Too powerful, it's finisher damage and the numbers are pretty high

- Not interactive, you just press 4 and everybody is dead in a large area (gg big gameplay)

- Can be moded to be infinitely spammable

I want to see a rework of this ability, and i'm glad it's on the way.

It can only kill 20 from 1 cast, if not mistaken, and not instantly (need some time to kill all targets), can't oneshot high lvl enemies.And at least you have to aim on enemies to ult not like all loven saryna.Im not defending it and want it to be interactive skill, but damage is not as op as you describe it.

I still think DE should rework Bladestorm or give Ash a new shiny ultimate and use the current bladestorm animations on Teleport (probably giving it the Ripline treatment of cast multiple times in quick succesion) making it both a mobility tool and a single target offensive move (that would also make it useful in Conclave).

It can only kill 20 from 1 cast, if not mistaken, and not instantly (need some time to kill all targets), can't oneshot high lvl enemies.And at least you have to aim on enemies to ult not like all loven saryna.Im not defending it and want it to be interactive skill, but damage is not as op as you describe it.

But you are immortal.......

To me, the cutscenes are what make the ability that much cooler for me

I don't care how it'll work, if they get rid of the awesome feeling of ability (teleporting and stabbing people) then the ability is officially dead for me.

I really hope they don't make Ash sit idle while the clones do all the work that'd be just outright boring.

I don't care how it'll work, if they get rid of the awesome feeling of ability (teleporting and stabbing people) then the ability is officially dead for me.

I really hope they don't make Ash sit idle while the clones do all the work that'd be just outright boring.

The ability is fine in concept, it just needs some polish in execution. Its one of the few abilities that give you a different perspective on the action.

I guess it'll be like Excalibro's slash dash, camera behind the back with Ash snapping from enemy to enemy.

That would be pretty cool especially since the camera angles as it is are just awful.

Another change that might work but would be a lot more drastic would be to make it like Excalibro's Exalted Blade, and give him his own stance with his hidden blades and melee buffs so the player can control him running around and hidden blading the bad guys.

Maybe make like a smokey aura with a sort of perma stealth when in his ult or something like that.

The feeling of handing controller to somebody else

Bladestorm is actually in a really good place right now balance wise.

The only problem is the interactivity of it which is moot except when choosing a target to base the area of the storm around

Max damage/range Bladestorm can kill 20 level 100 Eximus Corrupted Heavy Gunners in the Simulacrum in 2 uses.

this is an exaggeration. I dont feel BS takes away control anymore than a super move in a fighting game. There is nothing wrong with it being automatic to an extent. Im still playing the game and in control, it just compensates for our inability to target enemies as fast as Ash can with the current move.

Hyperbole much? Did you even read my post? Bladestorm can get whatever changes it must for interactivity, but this ability has a unique feel to it compared to every other single one in the game. Modify it to fit whatever new method they come up with? Fine. Get rid of it? Bladestorm=dead.

inb4 quicktime event

i wouldnt mind a prompt or an opening to force melee weapon finishers for extra damage instead of using wrist blades. The trade off would be the longer melee finisher animation and maybe less teleports, for extra damage and and scaling off of melee mods.

BS is a cool ability, it just needs polish and QoL.

i think hes trying to say

"when all AoE skills are ruined or nerfed, maybe some players will be satisfied."

Well yeah i will, when frames will stop destroying a whole room just by pressing 1 key, then i'll be satisfied.

Of course i'm mainly talking about saryn (that will take a buff....) and ash