Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steve Confirms On Twitter, Ash's Blade Storm Getting Interactive Rework.

Hypernaut1

Then, (sorry my english x, bad.)
first of all, I hope that people who are writing in this post, know what they're talking about, and know how to use Ash.

I hope that all of you have at least 2000 hours of play, or go to sleep, because you do not know the nonsense you're saying.

You have problems when you use ash nausea? your problems.
you get bored using ash? your problems.
do you think that 18 targets are many or few? your problems.
NO ONE should afford to touch ash, no fix, nothing. he does not need anything, it's already so perfect !!

I'm an old player, I have always loved and followed this game, ever since the time of the closed beta.

Ash is my favorite character, no one should afford to touch ash. nobody. he does not need anything. if you have problems with ash, the problems are yours, they should not ricarede on him.

I for over 5 years I never had problems with ash, indeed, has always been very helpful, it allowed me to get to where I can not get with other frames. It allowed me to win matches that I could not win with others.

ash is the best and does not need your stupid advice noobs.

I am sure that all those who speak ill of ash, do not know how to use ash. are not experts, are people who think they are the best, they think they are more cunning, more experienced.

..but the truth is one, ash is perfect and you do not understand anything.

PS: FOR DEVELOPERS:
I regret to inform you, if ash was touched, fix, worked .. anything negative, and unlike now ... many people loyal to you for years, myself included, will abandon the game.

ash is the last true dd, carry, dmg, call it what you want, in this game.
in recent years you have ruined many characters as saryn, mesa, also in May ...
characters who were very strong, and now because of some useless player were touched to worse ...

I really hope with all my heart that my words will be used to stop the destruction of this gorgeous, beautiful, unsurpassed game ...

One of your oldest and true fans .....

Ash's bladestorm already adds to the melee combo multiplier. You can do 13k bleed tick dmg, equip your melee and bladestorm then watch as your combo multiplier rises.

LOL NO COMMENT, U ARE CRAZY MAN UNISTALL WARFRAME PLS, PLS, DONT TOUCH ASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One can be an Ash fan while not being an ultimate ninja fanboy you know. In a world where powers take more and more importance over weapons, Ash is amongst the frames I rely on when looking to do some gunplay, it's offensive and I've grown very fond of the 3 first skills. Shadow Clones feel rushed.

Then I realize I haven't used Bladestorm for a long while and I'm like. "Why am I even bothering taking cover, moving around the battlefield, shooting down targets and impaling finisher-sensitive targets when I can simply use Bladestorm?". I don't think I can be disappointed at the final outcome of the Ash Warframe because I simply enjoy shooting things while making maneuvers such as sliding and so on. My only request is that it doesn't brutally stops the gunplay or melee play.

Why would you even bother playing ash if you don't use

**BS in combination with

*The combo amplifier that comes with BS

*The invisibility that comes with trickery and naramon

*The stealth multiplier that comes with invisibility

*The stealth multiplier reset that comes with smokebomb

Sry pal but you sound like you picked the wrong frame. Try loki.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

That's only if Ash or one of his clones attack that target. If they are just marked, you can still kill them.

Still problematic that's for sure. I tend to play shadow necros a lot, nowadays with a tonkor and games with ash(or ash players that don't utilice his kit propperly, speed buffed BS~) tend to result in quite big cuts in my shadow quantity. I mean i get that thers a reason for this but it rly could be better... they could at least change it to mark enemys he attacks at the moment so you're warned and don't waste bullets...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

But where is the free teleport?

inb4 "Free teleport OP"

Come on, seriously, in a game where we can bullet jump and aim glide why would this be OP? And no, this does not cross over to Zephyr's skillset. First off being able to move in the air is often more advantageous and she also is "Wind Frame" not "Mobility Frame".

inb4 "Free teleport OP"

Come on, seriously, in a game where we can bullet jump and aim glide why would this be OP? And no, this does not cross over to Zephyr's skillset. First off being able to move in the air is often more advantageous and she also is "Wind Frame" not "Mobility Frame".

fr where is it

inb4 "Free teleport OP"

Yep. Ash could definitly use a lil finetuning here and there but bladestorm, some tweaks aside, is just PERFECT the way it is. It has a STRONG synergy with his kit and melee, is the only endgame viable damaging ability in the game and it fits him just perfect.

I only ever hear complains from people that don't even bother using it to its full extend and kinda ignore that he even has other abilitys... a good ash doesn't spam it as there is simply no need to and gives the worst possible results. It needs a visual overhaul, stuff like the immunity fixed but nothing else has reason be touched.

So much yes. Free teleport, paired with radial CC that allows more then just one stealth finisher at a time, maybe even results in some CC is EXACTLY what he needs the most imo.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I still think DE should rework Bladestorm or give Ash a new shiny ultimate and use the current bladestorm animations on Teleport (probably giving it the Ripline treatment of cast multiple times in quick succesion) making it both a mobility tool and a single target offensive move (that would also make it useful in Conclave).

that teleport rework would be great

I wonder why DE has been so silent about Ash lately. Even general Warframe reworks as a whole. There's been at least three DevStreams and not a single word about any reworks at all, much less Ash's rework. Even a twitter post will suffice at this point, there's been a terrible drought of info pertaining to reworks for some time now.

Pls no more nerfs called "rework" like Saryn and Mesa. Why DE are going to do more and more Excalibur-based ultimates? In my opinion Exalted Blade is very fun, but we pls dont make more Excal copies like Primal Fury and Hysteria. Btw only change to Excal after rework is he no longer spamming RJ (wrong, Draco), but he's spamming EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to destroy all enemies. His others abilites, except on Draco are useless with stupid Line of Sigh. Pls don't make another Excal copy.

Saryn wasn't nerfed, she was reworked and is a better frame for it.

Mesa wasn't nerfed, she just had her aimbot removed. Oh no. Aiming is so hard.

I don't say that aimbot was great. Aimbot was removed - great news, no more Mesa noobs. Peacemaker is very nice to use now, but just look on energy drain and compare it to any another toggle ability.

About Saryn, what is better now?

Spores?

Miasma was better before - more dmg in larger area for less energy and faster.

Now you have to spam 2, 1 and 4, to deal less dmg in smaller range!!! And it takes more energy. If Molt has same range as Miasma and everything'll has x2 multipler from Molt - it'll be fine. But it isn't work. Molt explosion don't have enough range to give multipler to Miasma.

Btw, before rework you can easily made build for Saryn. No you have a choice - sacrifice Regenerative Molt, Vitality or Streamline? She needs everything - duration, energy pool, range, strength, efficiency and they also nerf her EHP. Really, fantastic rework.

I do love to see some kind of rework for Ash's Bladestorm. Don't get me wrong, I love Ash, he is the 2nd frame I build after maxing Excal and I main him long before Ash Prime comes out.

The idea of the rework is to make Bladestorm more interactive, that's it. By more interactive it means player should have 'control' over the skill itself.

My idea/suggestion is to make Bladestorm kinda like Exalted Blade. Please bear with me through this.

Once you press 4, Ash readies his Wrist Blade and went into this 'berserk state'. When you click an enemy he will instantly teleport to the enemy and perform the upgraded version of the current finisher cut-scene ALONG with 2 of his CLONE doing the finisher to the other enemy around the vicinity of your clicked/targeted enemy.

After the cut-scene finish, Ash remain in 'berserk state' and you can repeat on killing other enemies.

Info:

- Ash gains improved sprint speed while in 'berserk' state.

- While on 'berserk' state Ash can use all other skills, smokescreen, shuriken.

- 'Berserk' state drain energy just like exalted blade.

- Ash can interact with alarms, life support, reviving ally while in 'berserk' state. Just like excal's while using 4. You get the idea.

- The vicinity range of how far your clone can attack affected by power range.

- Damage affected by power strength and melee mods.

-Ash and his 2 clones both increase melee counter as usual.

- Clones may appear like mirage's or only appear when killing.

-If there is only 1 enemy in the vicinity Ash and his 2 clone will make a special joint attack with his clones. Imagine doing it to Bosses? GG

The idea is to make BS still able to kill lot enemies in a short period of time but with this feeling that you are the one going in for the kill and YOU are the one who CHOOSE who will DIE next.

Your thoughts on this guys? Will update post or make a thread if you guys like this idea.

Edited by Ancibion

[...}

its a nice idea and I like it. However looking how it was done with saryn I would prefer to stay with current BS.

Why? Unfortunetly even such simple mechanick as need to aim for every execution would make BS MUCH LESS VIABLE.

There is also quite a big possibility that DE will nerf some aspect of current BS. For example even the deletion of Arcane trickery synergy would kinda  ruin ASH for me.

Your idea is interesting BUT i always repeat a rule: Better things are the worst enemies of those which are good:)  Lets keep BS as a good skill and not risk saryns type rework;)

Edited by Kripion

• 1 month later...

The things i want the most are:

Ash is no longer invincible during bladstorm.
Enemies targeted by bladestorm arent invincible either.

Those changes would immediatly reduce spammability (because you still have to watch your frames positioning while the clones go ham) and annoyance for allies by a ton.

On 18.1.2016 at 9:12 PM, Seya87 said:

Then, (sorry my english x, bad.)
first of all, I hope that people who are writing in this post, know what they're talking about, and know how to use Ash.

I hope that all of you have at least 2000 hours of play, or go to sleep, because you do not know the nonsense you're saying.

You have problems when you use ash nausea? your problems.
you get bored using ash? your problems.
do you think that 18 targets are many or few? your problems.
NO ONE should afford to touch ash, no fix, nothing. he does not need anything, it's already so perfect !!

I'm an old player, I have always loved and followed this game, ever since the time of the closed beta.

Ash is my favorite character, no one should afford to touch ash. nobody. he does not need anything. if you have problems with ash, the problems are yours, they should not ricarede on him.

I for over 5 years I never had problems with ash, indeed, has always been very helpful, it allowed me to get to where I can not get with other frames. It allowed me to win matches that I could not win with others.

ash is the best and does not need your stupid advice noobs.

I am sure that all those who speak ill of ash, do not know how to use ash. are not experts, are people who think they are the best, they think they are more cunning, more experienced.

..but the truth is one, ash is perfect and you do not understand anything.

PS: FOR DEVELOPERS:
I regret to inform you, if ash was touched, fix, worked .. anything negative, and unlike now ... many people loyal to you for years, myself included, will abandon the game.

ash is the last true dd, carry, dmg, call it what you want, in this game.
in recent years you have ruined many characters as saryn, mesa, also in May ...
characters who were very strong, and now because of some useless player were touched to worse ...

I really hope with all my heart that my words will be used to stop the destruction of this gorgeous, beautiful, unsurpassed game ...

One of your oldest and true fans .....

ash is boring p4tw. rework plz. got 2k hours into game, not noob. change or I will leave. So, devs who u like better?

(srsly tho, are you for real?)